How to access "Flight Recorder"?
5642 7 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

On page 25 of v1.2 of the User Manual there's a section on how to access the Mavic Pro flight data, which "is automatically recorded to the internal storage of the aircraft."  The Manual continues "To access this data, connect the aircraft to the PC through the Micro USB port."  When I do this (using Windows 7 Professional), two removable disks are automatically mounted, one of which is accessible and has imagery and other data, but no flight data.  I cannot access the other removable disk (prompted to insert the removable disk).

So just how do I access the flight data?

2016-12-29
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

I'll partially answer my own question:  I can access flight records via DJI Assistant 2, but the data files are binary (not ASCII/text).  Is there a way to "decode" these?
2016-12-29
Use props
MIP
lvl.2
United States

Download using Assistant 2 then upload to healthydrones.com  Only way to read them that I know of.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-29 14:53
I'll partially answer my own question:  I can access flight records via DJI Assistant 2, but the data files are binary (not ASCII/text).  Is there a way to "decode" these?

You cannot decode them, if you upload to HealthyDrones you can get limited flight data but it's not totally accurate as only the software that the DJI Flight Data Analysis department can properly decode.

What information are you looking for, in the flight records section of the app (paper airplane icon from home page) stores all your flights and you can play back and it gives you telemetry data. If you tap the RC icon it also overlays your stick inputs.
2016-12-29
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-29 15:59
You cannot decode them, if you upload to HealthyDrones you can get limited flight data but it's not totally accurate as only the software that the DJI Flight Data Analysis department can properly decode.

What information are you looking for, in the flight records section of the app (paper airplane icon from home page) stores all your flights and you can play back and it gives you telemetry data. If you tap the RC icon it also overlays your stick inputs.

Sorry for the late reply... I'll give that a try this weekend. That's the sort of data I'm looking for.

Sidebar: Does DJI provide the format/structure of the binary logs for developers to write their own log readers?
2016-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2016-12-31 09:38
Sorry for the late reply... I'll give that a try this weekend. That's the sort of data I'm looking for.

Sidebar: Does DJI provide the format/structure of the binary logs for developers to write their own log readers?

Here's the link for SDK info.
2016-12-31
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-31 23:32
Here's the link for SDK info.

"SDK" was the phase I was looking for.

Could you resubmit that link?

Thanks!