Active Track Altitude Issue
1025 0 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Houston94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384259 ft
United States

I was trying out Active Track yesterday and it had a few issues with staying with me on my bike (pedal). I started out at about a 70-foot height (to clear trees and houses) and I was in black so it would lose me when I would cross into a shadow. Not a big deal as it probably does better with a higher contrast or brighter colors. So, I'd stop riding, maneuver the Mavic to reacquire myself. But as I got a block or two away and this time try to reacquire myself for tracking at a lower altitude (now about 45 feet) I would get it set to track, hit "ok" on the screen and then it would say the "aircraft too low" and start ascending to over a hundred feet. I had gone downhill on my bike from my start point probably by about 40 feet or so and I'm not sure if that was the cause. I landed the aircraft and took off again (without restarting the controller, Mavic or the DJI Go v4 app) with the same issue. I finally gave up and put it away but haven't seen anything that would cause this kind of an issue. Perhaps I should have used terrain follow and manually lowered the Mavic or used follow me mode. Any ideas on why it would continually ascend or if the other modes would have worked better in a situation with changing altitudes?

I had used active track a few days earlier at about a 20-foot altitude with no issues like this but that was all at about the same ground elevation. I should say that altitude on the controller never registered zero or close to it (not even when landing at a lower altitude than where I took off).

I sure wish they would have a mode that combined the follow-me, terrain follow and active track so that it just did all of those things without the need to switch modes.

2016-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules