Firmware change
2644 22 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom One
First Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Just got a Phantom 3 Pro for Christmas which I have a couple questions about.  After the setup and activation yesterday I checked the FW versions of both the Phantom and the controller.  They were 1.9.60 and 1.6.0.  

Issue 1:  I'm getting a lot of pixilation on my connected phone while flying in beginner mode.  (Samsung S4)

Issue 2:  Today while browsing thru the DJI Go app settings I noticed the FW version changed on the Phantom.  It's now 1.5.30.  The controller is still 1.6.0

The answers I got during an online chat was to upgrade the firmware on both phantom and controller to fix the pixilation issue which didn't help.  When I asked how the firmware could change automatically they stated it's done manually which I didn't do.

Later today I did go ahead an updated both Phantom and controller but I'm still getting a lot of pixilation.

Thank you for any suggestions you can share..
2016-12-29
Use props
Howie Dog 67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
United States

Might wanna check a new device for your viewing . I have the Samsung S4 as well and could not get the update for RC. Seen a post not to long ago for a problem with the tablet Samsung Tab A , and how he changed his  USB settings  by di aling *# 0808#  and changed to RNDIS . I changed my Samsung S 4 the same way just to give it a try because when I went to the About in the DJI GO APP. where you can view where your R/C was showing what version update you where on, S4 showed  N/A. After i switched to RNDIS I see where everything is updated to. Hope this helps an fly safe.
2016-12-29
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149101 ft
United States

Howie Dog 67 Posted at 2016-12-29 17:55
Might wanna check a new device for your viewing . I have the Samsung S4 as well and could not get the update for RC. Seen a post not to long ago for a problem with the tablet Samsung Tab A , and how he changed his  USB settings  by di aling *# 0808#  and changed to RNDIS . I changed my Samsung S 4 the same way just to give it a try because when I went to the About in the DJI GO APP. where you can view where your R/C was showing what version update you where on, S4 showed  N/A. After i switched to RNDIS I see where everything is updated to. Hope this helps an fly safe.

I just purchased a TAB A 7 inch just for the Drone. it worked right out of the box.
2016-12-29
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
United States

Howie Dog 67 Posted at 2016-12-29 17:55

I did try to connect my Ipad but the DJI Go app wouldn't even start.  I'm not sure what RNDIS is but I will research it.  I'm able to see all the FW versions fine with my S4.

Appreciate all the replies..
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Phantom One Posted at 2016-12-29 18:14
I did try to connect my Ipad but the DJI Go app wouldn't even start.  I'm not sure what RNDIS is but I will research it.  I'm able to see all the FW versions fine with my S4.

Appreciate all the replies..

What's the error message when connect to your iPad?
2016-12-30
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 01:41

Not getting any error but when start the controller I hear a beep on the Ipad and nothing else happens.
I don't believe I tried opening the app manually because on my S4 I have to leave the app off and let the controller start the app.

Also, have you ever heard of my other issue where the FW version changed on the "About" screen by itself?  

Thank you

2016-12-30
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 01:41

Sorry, here are the screenshots;

This screenshot is right after setup and activation (12/28)

This screenshot is right after setup and activation (12/28)

This screenshot is the following day (12/29)

This screenshot is the following day (12/29)
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Phantom One Posted at 2016-12-30 02:57
Sorry, here are the screenshots;

1.5.30+ means the firmware version is higher than 1.5.30.
Have you tried to reinstall the DJI GO app and did you enable hardware decoding?
Could you please provide some screenshot of the pixilation?
2016-12-30
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 03:46
1.5.30+ means the firmware version is higher than 1.5.30.
Have you tried to reinstall the DJI GO app and did you enable hardware decoding?
Could you please provide some screenshot of the pixilation?

Mindy,

Regarding the 1.5.30;

So are you saying this changing is not abnormal?  Will it do it again / occasionally?  Was it caused by something I did?  Confusing why it would show one thing one day and change the next by itself.

I have not tried to re-load the DJI Go app.  I thought it was a bad signal coming from the Phantom and didn't even think it could be the app.  Camera is greyed out in settings, see attached screenshot.  Is it possible that the S4 is not compatible with hardware decoding?

See pixilation screenshots below.  Let me know if the picture's need to be larger.

Thank you

Camera/Decoding

Camera/Decoding

Pixilation 1

Pixilation 1

Pixilation 2

Pixilation 2

Pixilation 3

Pixilation 3

Pixilation 4

Pixilation 4

Pixilation 5

Pixilation 5
2016-12-30
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure - enable hardware decoding is on in the app - it makes a big difference im using an v1 early ipad on my P3A with no problems
2016-12-30
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
United States

SimonH78 Posted at 2016-12-30 05:27
Make sure - enable hardware decoding is on in the app - it makes a big difference im using an v1 early ipad on my P3A with no problems

Ok but as you can see on the screenshot It's not even an option.  Is it possible the S4 is not compatible?

Thank you
2016-12-30
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

Yes it seems that Android 's don't have this option they must use their onboard graphic/processor performance as the screen shot below shows both ios and android devices - I used the same P3A

First is the IOS-iPad Mini-V1

and the android version.

Both work just fine without picture break-ups. - So maybe your S4 is having problems/issues or it a dodge cable. My android device is a Sony Xperia M4 mobile phone not that highly specc'd but it copes ok . Also notice how I have different options for the (Metric) units.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Phantom One Posted at 2016-12-30 05:04
Mindy,

Regarding the 1.5.30;

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Hardware decoding is an option for IOS device.
It isn't update itself automatically. The firmware version is higher then 1.5.30. It just shows as 1.5.30+.
Did you try to re-load the DJI GO app? Please ensure you don't have any other programs running in the background.
Besides, have you tried to change another mobile device to test?
2016-12-31
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-31 01:25
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Hardware decoding is an option for IOS device.
It isn't update itself automatically. The firmware version is higher then 1.5.30. It just shows as 1.5.30+.
Did you try to re-load the DJI GO app? Please ensure you don't have any other programs running in the background.

Well as you see it's not an option for me.  Is it because it's an S4?  I mentioned that I tried an Ipad but the app wouldn't start.

I'm trying to understand why the version numbers changed under "About".  What version would you have said I had if I talked to you on the first day of setup when it was 1.9.60+?  From your reasoning it would have been "higher then" which is 1.10.90.  Now why would it say to update when it was higher then 1.9.60?  Please help me understand

I have not tried to re-install the app yet.  Early December you mentioned in another post that the Samsung S4 is not on the recommended list; has this changed since the new DJI Go app version?

Thank you

2016-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Phantom One Posted at 2016-12-31 04:23
Well as you see it's not an option for me.  Is it because it's an S4?  I mentioned that I tried an Ipad but the app wouldn't start.

I'm trying to understand why the version numbers changed under "About".  What version would you have said I had if I talked to you on the first day of setup when it was 1.9.60+?  From your reasoning it would have been "higher then" which is 1.10.90.  Now why would it say to update when it was higher then 1.9.60?  Please help me understand

Sorry for the late reply.
There's no hardware decoding option for all Android device.
And S4 is not in our recommended list.
As for the firmware version, please try to update it to 1.9.60 again and find the update log.
I'll help to check it.
You could find the update log file by following these steps:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2017-1-3
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

Phantom One Posted at 2016-12-31 04:23

I'm also experiencing pixelation and bad live feed on my S4 but I only tried flying with it once and I didn't use it anymore
My OnePlus 2 is working perfectly fine with my P3Pro but in an emergency S4 can definitely help
2017-1-3
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 00:31
Sorry for the late reply.
There's no hardware decoding option for all Android device.
And S4 is not in our recommended list.

How am I suppose to install 1.9.60 if I'm on 1.10.90?  You have been telling other members that you cannot downgrade/roll back.  It states on the bottom of the release notes you posted "Cannot roll back the firmware version after upgrading to v1.10.90".  Although the release notes on your website does not state that at all.  Link below;

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... l+Release+Notes.pdf

During a couple chats I had with DJI they told me I could downgrade from 1.10.90
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Phantom One Posted at 2017-1-3 04:22
How am I suppose to install 1.9.60 if I'm on 1.10.90?  You have been telling other members that you cannot downgrade/roll back.  It states on the bottom of the release notes you posted "Cannot roll back the firmware version after upgrading to v1.10.90".  Although the release notes on your website does not state that at all.  Link below;

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/Phantom+3+Professional+Release+Notes.pdf

You had update to 1.10.90 right?
It's not available and not recommended to downgrade the firmware from 1.10.90.
Do you have any other issue with this firmware?
2017-1-4
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-4 02:50
You had update to 1.10.90 right?
It's not available and not recommended to downgrade the firmware from 1.10.90.
Do you have any other issue with this firmware?

Mindy,

Yes, I upgraded to 1.10.90

So the issue I have is how deceitful DJI is to it's customers.

I ONLY upgraded to 1.10.90 because someone on the DJI chat told me the new version would help my pixilation issue that I'm having with my Samsung S4 which of course it did NOT help.  They assured me that I COULD downgrade if I wanted to after the update.  I have a copy of the transcript if needed.  Before updating I also went to the DJI website and downloaded the latest release notes which does not mention anything about not being able to downgrade from 1.10.90.  See link below for the latest release notes available on your website;

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... l+Release+Notes.pdf

So after reading the *txt file after the upgrade I read;

Result:  Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.  

I knew then that it's not possible to downgrade.  If DJI doesn't fix this issue I can only hope they get sued over it!
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Phantom One Posted at 2017-1-4 06:03
Mindy,

Yes, I upgraded to 1.10.90

Please try to enter transmission settings and change the channel mode into custom.
Select a stable channel and decrease the transmission quality.
Besides, I'll help to report this issue.
2017-1-5
Use props
fanse6bd7047
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52487 ft

Hungary

HI,
In principle, the update was successful because it is in txt. ========== 2017.05.07 10:18:13 =================== ==
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Still, it says that the latest firmware !!! ABNORMAL !!!
And it is a mistake not to let it calibrate, it says there is a high magnetic interference (in the garden too)

I slowly give up
2017-5-7
Use props
romansu
lvl.2
Latvia

relax. this problem with android and pixelation on screen have very many people after firmware upgrade.

we still wait new firmware from DJI.
soon the summer begins
2017-5-7
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

will this new firmware ever come been waiting a while now, i had all the latest firmware on my p3p and its R/C i did downgrade the R/C firmware back to 1.6.0 and this helps with the pixelation on my ipad4 mini, but it would be nice if i didnt have the firmware upgrade warning for the R/C
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules