DJI support have advised me that new firmware will be released soon.
1459 12 2016-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
magstauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 849367 ft
United Kingdom

So I got onto live chat this morning to RMA my 2 week old Mavic, it has a huge soft focus issue on the right hand side and I'm not happy. So I'd rather send it in to be assessed. When I told the advisor he straight away said to me that the R&D department have informed him there is going to a firmware release this week to fix that issue.

Can anyone on this forum who works for dji chime in?

Needless to say I'm sending it in as I wasn't convinced.

Edit to add, trees and that look very mushy too

2016-12-30
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

I also had the soft edges on my mavic. I RMA'd it. Turn around was quick enough and the replacement was better. Albeit not perfect. The camera image looks good but I'm a little worries about the cables on the arms as they rub along the body when opening.  
2016-12-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-30 06:38
I also had the soft edges on my mavic. I RMA'd it. Turn around was quick enough and the replacement was better. Albeit not perfect. The camera image looks good but I'm a little worries about the cables on the arms as they rub along the body when opening.

My cables do the same thing, when I fold the arms one of them makes a crunching sound.
2016-12-30
Use props
magstauk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-30 06:38

I've e-mailed support and they've gone on about a DOA eligibilty? instead of RMA?!
What does that mean?
Is it because it's still new?
2016-12-30
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

magstauk Posted at 2016-12-30 07:47
I've e-mailed support and they've gone on about a DOA eligibilty? instead of RMA?!
What does that mean?
Is it because it's still new?

Dead on arrival means you haven't flown it and you want a replacement. Same outcome I would suspect.
2016-12-30
Use props
magstauk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-30 08:09
Dead on arrival means you haven't flown it and you want a replacement. Same outcome I would suspect.

but i've flown it a couple of times, oh well, we'll see what they say
2016-12-30
Use props
jetek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347979 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-12-30 07:26
My cables do the same thing, when I fold the arms one of them makes a crunching sound.

That crunching sound is coming from the wire protection surrounding the actual wire harness going out to the motors.  Sort of looks like fine plastic mesh.  This should be OK unless it has chaffed through that protective covering.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry magstauk, I don't have any information about the new firmware. Were you using your forum email address when got onto the live chat?
2016-12-31
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

jetek Posted at 2016-12-30 08:24
That crunching sound is coming from the wire protection surrounding the actual wire harness going out to the motors.  Sort of looks like fine plastic mesh.  This should be OK unless it has chaffed through that protective covering.

Chafing seems inevitable when rubbing happens every time. I may RMA it again after holidays.  
2016-12-31
Use props
magstauk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-31 02:25
Sorry magstauk, I don't have any information about the new firmware. Were you using your forum email address when got onto the live chat?

I wasn't no, is that a problem? would you like e-mail address i used?
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

magstauk Posted at 2017-1-1 11:02
I wasn't no, is that a problem? would you like e-mail address i used?

Yes, could you please PM me with the email address you used to contact us?
I'll help to figure it out.
2017-1-2
Use props
magstauk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well, i have a replacement case on my hands now. Drone is gone, had it for 12 days! haha.
Let's hope the replacement isn't faulty.
2017-1-3
Use props
magstauk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

magstauk Posted at 2017-1-3 02:10
Well, i have a replacement case on my hands now. Drone is gone, had it for 12 days! haha.
Let's hope the replacement isn't faulty.

New drone on its way to me!! 48 hours after sending mine in!
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules