A question about ipads..
791 6 2016-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

My wife wants to get me a larger pad then the standard ipad. she wants to order me an ipad air/air 2.  I know this pad is larger then the standard pad but I sure like the larger screen.  I know that it will not fit on the standard remote so how well do these extenders work.   does anyone esle use the 9.7 inch pad and how do you like that format ??  any probs ??
2016-12-30
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've had a couple of the 'extenders' but they end up being shaky and unstable. They also tend to obsure the remote control sticks. The only ones that look any good are the ones that replace the lanyard mounting and resemble the better mounts on the advanced controllers. I'll be trying one of those next.............
2016-12-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The iPad Air2 Cellular is my dedicated device, for my Phantom 3 Pro', and I can tell you it is awesome.
Get the device holder that fits it, and you will be extremely satisfied. ;-)
It's a workhorse, and never even gets warm, after four intelligent flight batteries...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-30
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Not sure what you mean by the iPad Air2 is larger than a 'standard' iPad, unless by the latter you mean an iPad Mini.
Here's a link to all the screen sizes (scroll down).

If you're talking about the 12.9 inch iPad Pro then that will NOT fit the Remote without an extender (but it's a beautiful screen). The 9.7 inch iPad Pro however will fit without an extender and it has a great screen as well.
2016-12-30
Use props
IOHIM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209262 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-30 10:35
The iPad Air2 Cellular is my dedicated device, for my Phantom 3 Pro', and I can tell you it is awesome.
Get the device holder that fits it, and you will be extremely satisfied. ;-)
It's a workhorse, and never even gets warm, after four intelligent flight batteries...

Is the cellular enabled IPad necessary?
2017-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

IOHIM Posted at 2017-1-3 21:49
Is the cellular enabled IPad necessary?

Only if you need the GPS capability, non-cellular iPads are not fitted with GPS receivers. GPS in the iPad is need for the Follow Me function and also if you want to set the Home Point to the location of the RC unit.
2017-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-4 01:01
Only if you need the GPS capability, non-cellular iPads are not fitted with GPS receivers. GPS in the iPad is need for the Follow Me function and also if you want to set the Home Point to the location of the RC unit.

Plus, with an activated Cellular Network, which allows Live Streaming capabilities.
If you wish to broadcast your flights to your YouTube channel or Facebook account, you need that feature turned on.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules