RC Battery Error - Not sure if a genuine fault?
1564 8 2015-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pauldean85.goog
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I started my Inspire up this morning to put it into travel mode so I could pack it away and I noticed that in the app, the 'Overall status' box was green, with a flashing red triangle next to it.

I was unable to tap the error as it appeared to be constantly dissappearing and then reappearing.

I finally got to view the error and this was displayed:

The controller is in great condition, as-new in fact - I've probably only charge it twice, never dropped it or spilled anything on it, so I dont understand what could cause this (of even if this is an issue at all).

The controller is behaving normally, charging fine and so I'm a little confused.

I updated to the Android App v1.0.6 last night - wondering if this is the problem?

Giving it a full charge now, see if that helps...
2015-2-14
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think its a bug in the Android app as I'm getting the same message. When I try my iPad with the same controller I don't get the error message. I get the error with the Nvidia Shield
2015-2-14
Use props
pauldean85.goog
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Good to know - I tried re-installing the app on my tablet (Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet) and on my phone (HTC One X+) - on the phone I don't get the error, but on the tablet I do.

Both are running 1.0.6 however, so I'm not sure if my discovery proves anything
2015-2-14
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
Hong Kong

Yes, Android APP alter bug. Never mind.
2015-2-14
Use props
pauldean85.goog
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I'd like to think that it is, I've raised a ticket with DJI - has anyone else experienced this?
2015-2-14
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-2-14 22:00
I think its a bug in the Android app as I'm getting the same message. When I try my iPad with the sa ...

Sounds like the Android App or the Tablet due to the fact that it doesn't happen with the Apple. Sounds like you have flown it without any issues?
2015-2-14
Use props
pauldean85.goog
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yeah plenty of times, all with the same tablet.

I updated the app last night and noticed the issue for the first time this morning.

Chances are it's just a bug, but I really want to be sure before I start sending things off for repair
2015-2-14
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Its a bug, nothing wrong with your gear. It doesn't stop you flying. Just annoying.
2015-2-14
Use props
pauldean85.goog
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Flew for the first time since noticing the issue today.

Initially I tried to use my phone, but it kept dropping the data feed from the Inspire every few seconds - chalked it up to the phone not being powerful enough.

Tried again with my tablet and strangely, no reported problems.

Flew for 14 minutes with no problems what so ever. Very pleased

So yep, looks like a bug.
2015-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules