Not able to update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tonivonnerkw
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Friends,

since yesterday I have a Phantom 3 professional but I´m not able to use  it. The controll says that I need to update the software from my  Phantom.

I will give you more facts:

APP: Version 3.1.1
Flyingmachine: Version 1.5.30+
Remote controll: Version 1.8.0

I already downloaded the lates software version (P3X_FW_V01.10.0090) and  I tried to uploaded it to the plain but I allways get an error after 3 minutes.
(Red light and a sound like DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)
I always put the file into the "root dircetory" (no folder structure, no other files) and the card is always fresh formated. I also tried to use an other card without success...

Maybe I´m not able to go directly to the latest version ... I also tried to upload the versions step by step. (P3X_FW_V01.06.0040 / P3X_FW_V01.07.0060 / P3X_FW_V01.08.0080 / P3X_FW_V01.09.0060 / P3X_FW_V01.10.0090) I was not able to upload one of these versions....

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.09.0060.bin

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======

Pleeeease help me, I hope I can make my first videos today

Thank you soooo mutch!
Antonio
2017-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should be able to fly without updating firmware. That is just a recommendation from the App'.

It looks like the aircraft is not reading the file for some reason. Have you formatted the SD card in aircraft ?
If done on computer then it needs to be formatted using FAT32 <=32GB, or EXFAT if >32GB. The file should have been unzipped to produce the stand alone '.bin' file. You should be able to update using latest version only. You should also be aware that the latest version cannot be rolled back (There shouldn't really be a need to, but, sometimes all doesn't work as planned).
2017-1-1
Use props
Tonivonnerkw
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Aardvark,

thanks a lot for your feedback!

Now I tried to fly my first time... The app says "Update is necessary" it does not build the connection to the camera ("Bad cam connection") and the phantom does not start...
I could cry ... I formated the sd card in fat32 and I put only the bin file at the card... I´m sure the is no issue at my side Is there any possibility to make a hard reset?

Thanks
Antonio
2017-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tonivonnerkw Posted at 2017-1-1 05:09
Hi Aardvark,

thanks a lot for your feedback!  

Which display device are you using ?
2017-1-1
Use props
Tonivonnerkw
lvl.1

Germany

iPhone 6s Plus
2017-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you power up RC & aircraft do you see green LED on RC ? If green then RC is communicating with aircraft, but it might be a good idea to try reset and relinking the RC to the aircraft (similar to Bluetooth pairing).

Try to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold until it beeps, then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend manually relinking the RC by performing the following;

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Once done check if you can connect to aircraft using DJI Go, if it says 'disconnected' then try repowering RC.
2017-1-1
Use props
Tonivonnerkw
lvl.1

Germany

Thanks again for your help! I did it exactly like you said without success maybe my phantom has an issue ...
IMG_0279.PNG
2017-1-1
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Have you updated the Rc.?
Rc updates through the DJI Go App.
2017-1-1
Use props
Advanced