2066 9 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smithore
lvl.1

Thailand

Hi the community
I have a curious problem with my Mavic and the dji go 4 application :
im setting the photo quality on Raw and during the flight the application is swapping to jpg by itself, i have the same phenomena with the AEB setting, once i took some pictures the setting are redifined to reset, all over setttings are not affected .
Does someone has an idea for this glitch ?happy new year

2017-1-1
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

I had the same problem yesterday but I did not realize it till I started editing the pic
2017-1-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Yep it must be the app, because this happens on the P4P+ too.  It's not ALWAYS, but seems to happen at some point when switching from video to photo.  

The app also doesn't like to take a JPG whilst shooting video like it is supposed to do.  Maybe that's why it is switching & sticking to JPG (when I'm trying that).
2017-1-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Might be a bug with the Android version of the app -- see thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-74082-1-1.html
2017-1-1
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

App: DJI Go 4.0.1
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 w/ Android 6.0.1
Mavic firmware: 1.03.0200

It happens to me the instant my Mavic switches to ActiveTrack or Gesture, reproducible 100% of the time. Photos switch to JPEG, single shot, 16:9 aspect ratio no matter what they were before. (I prefer DNG, 3-shot AEB, 4:3 aspect ratio, so that's everything changed by the app.)
(I'm a software QA tester by day, so hunting down the conditions under which the switch to JPEG happens is almost a primal urge with me. If the DJI devs read this and need more information, message me- I love my Mavic and I want the app to play nice with it in every way it can.)
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Smithore, could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
2017-1-3
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem
2017-1-4
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

Update to my post above: (Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 6.0.1, DJI GO 4.0.1, Mavic Pro firmware 1.03.0200)

When I enter intelligent flight mode, the camera changes to 16:9 JPEG in 4k, as explained above.
But when I exit the Intelligent Flight mode, and I try to set "JPEG" back to "RAW" and "16:9" back to "4:3" for my pictures, the option to choose between 16:9 and 4:3 is missing from the app, as is the option to choose RAW. This persists even if I press the Android device's Back button to leave the camera mode and reopen the camera, or even close DJI GO and reopen it- even if I land the MAvic and turn off the motors, in fact.

The option comes back later, on its own, though. Not sure what causes those options to vanish in the first place, nor what makes them reappear.
Just wanted someone to know. I have a flight from yesterday during which I used ActiveTrack and experienced this diappearing-options glitch, if anyone would be helped by flight logs.
2017-1-10
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>

No1much Posted at 2017-1-10 07:10
Update to my post above: (Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 6.0.1, DJI GO 4.0.1, Mavic Pro firmware 1.03.0200)

When I enter intelligent flight mode, the camera changes to 16:9 JPEG in 4k, as explained above.

I experienced the same situation frequently, especially after I took video, it automatically switched to JPEG without any setting.
2018-4-27
Use props
tazztone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10 ft
Switzerland

is it possible that this is still an issue? i set my drone to raw today and took photos of several locations. but in the end only the first was a .DNG file.
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules