Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New pilot on the horizon
654 3 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Big Poppa 45
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7799 ft
United States

Hello all and Happy New Year

I have been lurking around in the forums reading and watching various informational and help videos. Thank you for the wealth of information. That being said this will be my first drone of any kind. The idea came over me as I have a friend at work that got one for Christmas, but his version was a Solo 3DR and a GoPro 4. I sent pictures and asked my brother what he thought of the Solo drone. He recommended to me that I should go the route of DJI, and being that he has two DJI products he stated that for beginning I should go with the Phantom 3 standard. I will be getting my unit and accessories on 1/5. Until then and beyond I will be cruising the forum and soaking up as much as I can whilst I wait for it....

Any and all information is good and would be helpful from both sides of the coin

Thanks
Big Poppa 45
2017-1-1
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Research, it is great that you are already doing some homework on how the P3S operates. See if your friend will allow you to have a flight or 2 of his DJI, work out a pre flight and post flight routine (you can always adapt it as you get more confident). Use your pre and post flight routines, this will save missing a flight because you left something at home or the battery wasn't charged or any number of things that can/will go wrong. Practice how your P3S returns and lands on request. But do have fun with it, get confident on it's boundaries and capabilities.
2017-1-1
Use props
fans26a1ba1b
lvl.1

United States

I downloaded all of the Phantom 3 standard manuals from the DJI site to get a headstart on the setup and use.  There are a lot of them and I don't know how many come with the drone.
2017-1-10
Use props
Big Poppa 45
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7799 ft
United States

fans26a1ba1b Posted at 2017-1-10 06:03
I downloaded all of the Phantom 3 standard manuals from the DJI site to get a headstart on the setup and use.  There are a lot of them and I don't know how many come with the drone.

I did the same but just for the user guide. What came with the drone was as follows: Quick Start Guide in 3 languages, a what's in the box sheet, IFB safety guidelines notice, and a Safety guidelines and disclaimer. I hope that helps.
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules