Charging battery and controller at the same time
9505 6 2015-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Macphi
lvl.2

Switzerland

hello everyone,
I can't Find a consensual answer about this one on the forum. Can I charge a battery and controller at the same time using the included charger?

Thanks

2015-2-14
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

NO! You have to do them one at a time. DJI states not to do it. If it is new it will not take long the first time to charge. After you cycle the Inspire And Controller Batteries you will notice that each one takes longer as it is doing a full cycle and the storage will increase.
2015-2-14
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Manual says no...
Video on official DJI Page says yes: http://youtu.be/ZhgnPlGah3s?t=32s   (Go to 0:32)
2015-2-14
Use props
4Blades
lvl.2

United States

I have also been wondering the answer to this question. As stated above in the manual it says no but on the video it shows them charging both at same time?
2015-2-14
Use props
digitalmediaeli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

What about the with the combination of 180W Rapid charger and charging hub?  It can charge 4 batteries in sequence, but not add the RC to the sequence?
2016-9-12
Use props
Brianjson
New

United States

You might, I have heard of others doing it but, what is the point? The battery and remote would share the available power. If you do charge them at the same time the time to charge would be increased.

I have 3 batterys and a 100watt charger for each battery (300 watts) So! I can charge them at the same time.
2016-9-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI says no to charging both the remote and airborne battery at the same time. The load on the charger will cause it to overheat. Just buy another charger from DJI or another charging solution if you want to do everything at once.

I have the Smart Charging System myself and it is wonderful.
http://www.smartpowercharge.com/proddetail.php?prod=SPCM100

Keep in mind that if the Smart Charger destroys your battery it will void the warranty

Rich
2016-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules