Cant get my Phantom 3 standard working
12Next >
5682 48 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Having an issue getting my phantom set up. I can see the video feed both on android/ios app. On the android app i get the error "no signal", on ios i get "RC singal lost". I have tried rebinding the RC multiple times which works according to the app. The yellow leds continue to flash and the "link" button on the AC is still red. I noticed that on the firmware section on the ios app it says "current version: unknown" and "get firmware version failed". On the android app it says it has the latest firmware. I tried changing the firmware manually(which completed successfully, firmware information stays the same on the apps) with no luck resloving the issue. Any help would be appricated!

Thanks

Chris
2017-1-1
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Curious, did you connect the Phantom to the Android or iOS devices by wi fi?
2017-1-1
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-1-1 14:11
Curious, did you connect the Phantom to the Android or iOS devices by wi fi?

Yes using the phantoms wifi
2017-1-1
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

chrisw94 Posted at 2017-1-1 14:18
Yes using the phantoms wifi

Ok, just checking, sometimes it's the simplest of things. Sorry can't be of help. But someone will come along and help you out.
2017-1-1
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

You might try linking the drone to the RC outdoors away from your router.  If the link button is still red, you are not linked.
2017-1-1
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

WD9EON Posted at 2017-1-1 15:20
You might try linking the drone to the RC outdoors away from your router.  If the link button is still red, you are not linked.

Tried this today, no luck! The app is saying the controller is linked but the link led stays red.
2017-1-1
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Exchange it or get a refund. You did everything right to get it to connect and something is still wrong with it.
2017-1-2
Use props
mpoole13
lvl.1

United States

The same thing is happening to my Phantom 3 Standard. After FW update, RC connection lost. I have tried to rebind it several times, indoors and outdoors, no luck.
2017-1-2
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-2 07:39
Exchange it or get a refund. You did everything right to get it to connect and something is still wrong with it.

I think thats what I'm going to have to do!
2017-1-2
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mpoole13 Posted at 2017-1-2 16:41
The same thing is happening to my Phantom 3 Standard. After FW update, RC connection lost. I have tried to rebind it several times, indoors and outdoors, no luck.

That sucks let me know if you find a way to resolve it!
2017-1-2
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Have you re calibrated the compass, I had these issues and recalibrated and then it was ok!
2017-1-2
Use props
fans28f97019
New

United States

This is my first time I bought A PHAMTOM 3 STRD, after black friday, till now I have done everything called twice and still can not get the rotors to start
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Chris, what is the led on the remote? solid red or green?
How long you've owned the aircraft? it's working fine before, right?
Have you tried to delete the APP and re-install it again?
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mpoole13 Posted at 2017-1-2 16:41

May I know how you upgraded it? both RC and AC were upgraded successfully?
Would you please delete the APP, re-install it, then check again?
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans28f97019 Posted at 2017-1-2 21:57
This is my first time I bought A PHAMTOM 3 STRD, after black friday, till now I have done everything called twice and still can not get the rotors to start

Just to clarify, you've linked the remote to aircraft successfully?
When trying to start the motors, any error messages popping up on the APP?
Have you tried to press "auto takeoff" icon on the APP screen?
2017-1-2
Use props
mpoole13
lvl.1

United States

2017-1-3
Use props
mpoole13
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-2 23:10
May I know how you upgraded it? both RC and AC were upgraded successfully?
Would you please delete the APP, re-install it, then check again?

I upgraded it through the app, on Samsung Galaxy note 5. I assume they were both upgraded successfully, since the app is no longer asking me to update. I have deleted the app, once and re-installed it. I would be happy to try again later this afternoon.
2017-1-3
Use props
mpoole13
lvl.1

United States

Porkhunt Posted at 2017-1-2 18:30
Have you re calibrated the compass, I had these issues and recalibrated and then it was ok!

Haven't tried that yet. I'll try it after work.
2017-1-3
Use props
dmccain
New

United States

Chris had the same problem.   What phone are you using.   It will not work on some phones.   Mine was a Note 2 that had the proper Android or better version, but I never could get it to work.   Had to change to a recommended phone.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mpoole13 Posted at 2017-1-3 12:59
Haven't tried that yet. I'll try it after work.

thanks, please keep us posted for your testing results.
2017-1-3
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-2 22:43
Chris, what is the led on the remote? solid red or green?
How long you've owned the aircraft? it's working fine before, right?
Have you tried to delete the APP and re-install it again?

solid green. I have only purchased the aircraft this was the first time set up. I have tried uninstalling the app
2017-1-4
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

1. insure all other apps are closed on your mobile phone.
2. Make sure you have both the controller and the intelligent battery charged,
3. Plug in your intelligent battery into your Phantom 3 Standard (don't turn on yet).
4. Install the DJI Go app on your mobile device.
5. Turn on your controller and turn your controller upside down.  You will see a small tag that shows you the controllers wireless SSID  and password.
6. Go to your wireless setting on your phone and select the Phantom 3 (per step 5).
7. Start up the DJI Go app.
8. Plug in and turn on (tap tap hold) your PS3 intelligent battery.

The trick is that some do not properlly conect to the controller resulting in issues.  Many start the app, then the bird, then the controller thinking somehow the magic is instant connection.   
Always take your time and walk through the steps for a proper connection between the contoller, bird, and the App.  
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

chrisw94 Posted at 2017-1-4 05:40
solid green. I have only purchased the aircraft this was the first time set up. I have tried uninstalling the app

The Phantom WiFi is connected properly on your phone?
Would you please try another mobile which is in DJI recommended list?
2017-1-4
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-4 23:28
The Phantom WiFi is connected properly on your phone?
Would you please try another mobile which is in DJI recommended list?

Yes I can see the video feed. I have already tried a recommended device. I have tried on the following devices:
-iPhone 6s
-iPad Air 2
-Oneplus 3
-Nvidia Shield k1
2017-1-5
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

That sounds very much like the issue described in this thread .
"Rc signal lost" after upgrading the firmware seems to be a major issue with the p3s.
From what I've read so far it's possible that the drone has been updated but the rc is still on the old firmware. Having this situation the linking between rc and drone is not working.

It's really alarming how many people are having this issue. AFAIK DJI didn't provide a working solution until now.

2017-1-5
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Alex- Posted at 2017-1-5 11:47
That sounds very much like the issue described in this thread .
"Rc signal lost" after upgrading the firmware seems to be a major issue with the p3s.
From what I've read so far it's possible that the drone has been updated but the rc is still on the old firmware. Having this situation the linking between rc and drone is not working.

What is the solution?
2017-1-5
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

You are saying the r/c has a green light and you CAN see the video feed?  Have you tried a csc to see if the motors start?  I use a galaxy s5 with no trouble on both my standard and my advanced with no trouble.  As micro  said, the order you start things in does seem to be important.
2017-1-5
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

@chrisw94: There's no solution so far. I'm still not able to control the drone using the rc.

No pairing, no csc, tried several mobile devices...
Look at the latest threads here and you'll find a lot of guys complaining about this issue.  

here's a short summary of the situation:
- firmware version is shown as "unknown" ("N/A" on Android)
- rc wifi is up
- drone is connected to the wifi and you have a video link
- app is showing "rc signal lost"
- pairing rc and drone is not working
2017-1-6
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-1-5 18:49
You are saying the r/c has a green light and you CAN see the video feed?  Have you tried a csc to see if the motors start?  I use a galaxy s5 with no trouble on both my standard and my advanced with no trouble.  As micro  said, the order you start things in does seem to be important.

Yes I have tried no luck. Theres an error "NO rc signal" on the IOS devices and "no signal" on android devices.
2017-1-6
Use props
Costath
lvl.1

United States

Well it does seem as DJI has a serious QC issue. My P3 std arrived at 8am. Charged the drone n controller. Tuned on controller, connected to controller wifi. Turn on go app and it says weak rc signal in Red. Reboot everything tried again, not it reads disconnected. Called DJI, only 16 on the support que. Bottom line, controller wifi DOA. 6 hours since arriving and on its way back. My $50 toy drones continue to amuse and entertain me.
2017-1-6
Use props
mpoole13
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-3 23:57

No luck, still not connected.
2017-1-6
Use props
mpoole13
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-3 23:57

This did not work either.
2017-1-6
Use props
Julian Eziflo
New

South Africa

i have the exact same problem, this needs to be looked at, can we not do a hard reset ? or is there a way for dji to let us do the following?
-Update rc manually with a separate program?
-Give us a stock firmware for rc and drone?
Surely we do not need to send it back because of software???
Mine worked 100% until the upgrade....
2017-1-7
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Julian Eziflo Posted at 2017-1-7 08:44
i have the exact same problem, this needs to be looked at, can we not do a hard reset ? or is there a way for dji to let us do the following?
-Update rc manually with a separate program?
-Give us a stock firmware for rc and drone?

You can manually update/rollback the firmware using the SD card. Although this did not fix the issue for me. Give it a go there is tons of youtube.tutorials of how to do this
2017-1-7
Use props
M88lty
New

United Kingdom

Hi I am a newbie I have just bought a phantom 3 professional out the box this morning did everything it told me to do and I have 2 solid red light and 2 flashing yellow lights with app saying "RC signal lost" not even got to see it fly yet... Great start!!  Is there anything I can do or is this alot of money wasted?!
2017-1-7
Use props
Costath
lvl.1

United States

After experiencing a DOA P3 std controller and reading these n horror stories, think I'll just go for a refund. DJI seems to want to keep their repair facility address a secret in California. Too many DOA drones and fly aways?
Address anyone? Returned in all with hoursnof it's arrival and left out wall charger. Just trying into return it.
2017-1-7
Use props
M88lty
New

United Kingdom

Can anyone actually tell us that it's a problem that will actually be fixed?
2017-1-7
Use props
M88lty
New

United Kingdom

I am unable to fly mine is anyone else able to fly??
2017-1-7
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

M88lty Posted at 2017-1-7 10:26
Hi I am a newbie I have just bought a phantom 3 professional out the box this morning did everything it told me to do and I have 2 solid red light and 2 flashing yellow lights with app saying "RC signal lost" not even got to see it fly yet... Great start!!  Is there anything I can do or is this alot of money wasted?!

The problem(s) discussed in this thread are regarding a P3 Standard. You say yours is a Professional. Doubtful any problems and/or solutions discussed here apply to you. I suggest you start your own thread for your P3Pro problems/
2017-1-7
Use props
M88lty
New

United Kingdom

Sounds very similar to me updates are bound to be the same.
2017-1-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules