All videos being saved on 12-31-69
943 6 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RicknCovington
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186322 ft
United States

When I download and save all my videos from my P3S, the filename itself will have the right date, but the date in the metadata is apparently Dec. 31, 1969.  Anybody have any ideas? Anybody else have this problem.  I tried a search for "video date", and just "video", but didn't see any other post on the issue.
2017-1-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There seems to be a number of issues with the meta data, and it has been acknowledged. So expect a fix along soon.
2017-1-1
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hmm, are you sure it's not your computer?  I had the CMOS battery die on one of my computers and every time I shut down or rebooted it would lose the current time and default back to something like 12-31-69.  After a while it got to be a PITA and after I finally replaced the battery the motherboard kept the correct time.  It's not a difficult replacement but it does require dragging out the computer from whatever cubby hole it's stuffed into, disconnecting all the cables and opening the case.  

2017-1-1
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

I had similar issues, went away when I switched to a different chip..buy a good fast micro sd chip and report back!! cheers D
2017-1-1
Use props
RicknCovington
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186322 ft
United States

proimages Posted at 2017-1-1 14:17
I had similar issues, went away when I switched to a different chip..buy a good fast micro sd chip and report back!! cheers D

So your saying the problem is the 32G MicroSD card that DJI ships, already installed in the camera.  I may try a different card, but I have serious doubts that is the problem.  I'll let you know what I find.
2017-1-1
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

RicknCovington Posted at 2017-1-1 16:21
So your saying the problem is the 32G MicroSD card that DJI ships, already installed in the camera.  I may try a different card, but I have serious doubts that is the problem.  I'll let you know what I find.

Of all the things that can go wrong, there's a possibility the chip could be an issue..most P3S shipped with a 8gig chip..I bought 3 - 32 gig chips (that had issues in quad and worked fine elsewhere) eventually lead to buying a super fast samsung chip that I use almost daily. cost about 3 times more..
DJI stores a bunch of stuff hidden on these cards, keep that in mind..if video and photo data is getting corrupted firmware and stored data can also be getting bad 1 and 0's .
Hope that helps
cheers Darrin
2017-1-1
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Just an electronic engineering guess, but I wouldn't think that the camera has a real time clock/date. Nor would I guess the controller or the Phantom has one either. Oh somewhere in the Phantom I would guess has a temporary one as long as it is powered on, but forgets everything when the power is off. So I would guess it gets its date/time from the phone/tablet. So is that one set correctly.
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules