IMU initializing?
66987 18 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hunter Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

I tried to do a flight sais gps safe to fly.........upon trying to start the motors I get a warning IMU initializing and wont start the motors  I restarted ac and rc...same thing...what gives?  I checked IMU and it said no cal needed.
2017-1-1
Use props
Hunter Drone
lvl.4
United States

I let it sit OFF for 5 min started it back up  all was fine.......weird. never did that before.
2017-1-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IMU initialisation (warm up) is part of the normal start-up process. Depending on the ambient temperature when the IMU was calibrated, the 'warm up' period can be a few seconds to almost a couple of minutes. Nothing to worry about though.
2017-1-1
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
United States

Usually I won't get gps safe to fly while the Imu is warming up. That's what was weird
2017-1-1
Use props
couchie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161499 ft
United States

I am have the same issue. I have the green GPS indication after the yellow IMU warmup flag. The first flight goes well. I land, put a second battery in and viola! Can't go anywhere. When I attempt to start the craft, I get a sliding 'warning' that says, "IMU Initializing. Do not move aircraft until initialization is complete."

I've brought the craft inside, let it sit for half an hour, started up as normal, and same result.

I've already checked for firmware updates and there are none, I'm up to date.

Anyone else?
2017-6-24
Use props
amrun
New

Switzerland

Had the same problem.

It seems fixable by doing the following:
1. Startup Aircraft & Remote
2. go to "Menu" (top right) -> Aircraft button (in the menu the uppermost button) -> "Advanced Settings" -> "Sensors State" -> "IMU Calibration"
3. When done (can take UP TO 10mins!) -> "Check IMU"

After that, you should be able to fly again
Please get back to me, if it did work or not!

Cheers
2017-9-12
Use props
Galan
New

United States

Just wanted to thank amrun for the walk through.  I'm calibrating now and I hope this problem is resolved... there's a really huge buck wandering my area and I'd like to do a fly over observation to see where he hangs out.
2017-11-22
Use props
SilkyFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79823 ft
United States

Happened to me today for the first time on my Phantom 3 Advanced. . .almost 2 years old. .weird thing is I already had it up in the air, came down, switched batteries, fired up, green light to go/GPS acquired, attempt to start props and get the IMU Initialasion (yes, initialisasion was misspelled). . .shut down everything, ac/rc and phone, restarted, placed the aircraft in a different position in case there was any interference, and I was able to fly after that. . .thought it had something to do with the battery. . .hmmmmm.  .just an FYI. . .
2018-10-28
Use props
KenDuke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

hope when you did the re-cal, that you set the AC over your home Air Conditioning vents or put the craft in the fridge.
Lots of users have said they did that, and after the calibration was done, they no longer have a large wait time for warm up.  
As the craft is already warmer than when you did the cal.
2018-10-28
Use props
fans8927467f
New

Argentina

amrun Posted at 2017-9-12 22:44
Had the same problem.

thank you, the problem was fixed.
Now I have a problem with RC or aircraft,  don't respond "down stick" to landing.

thank you
2019-2-19
Use props
djiuser_Knny2KBYCk3M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 405558 ft

Réunion

Bonjour, j'ai un problème de calibration imu. Lors du calibrage il affiche " systeme temperature too low " et la progression se bloque à 10 ou 15%. Je n'ai pas eu de crash. Il volé parfaitement bien. Lors d'un vole il a affiché interférence compas.
2019-3-12
Use props
djiuser_Knny2KBYCk3M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 405558 ft

Réunion

Bonjour, j'ai un problème de calibration imu. Lors du calibrage il affiche " systeme temperature too low " et la progression se bloque à 10 ou 15%. Je n'ai pas eu de crash. Il volé parfaitement bien. Lors d'un vole il a affiché interférence compas.
2019-3-12
Use props
fansa85b0925
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13950 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 pro
Took off all ok did latest firmware update a week ago!
Just flying in my garden went to land but no control on down stick started slowly drifting to the right, I kept holding the down stick it finally landed!
2019-5-5
Use props
RatDog
lvl.1

United States

Had the same problem.

I want to thank amrun for this fix.  I am new to drones and bought a used Phantom p3 from a friend.  I flew it a couple of times and then another day got this error.  I remember doing the calibration on a hot day.  On the day of the error it was rather cool and would not start up.  After doing this fix, everything was fine.  KUDOS!
2019-7-26
Use props
djiuser_YAdtVa9PWPTv
New

France

Bonjour , je reçu un mon phantom 3 il y a quelque jour je me demandais pourquoi mon drone ne veux pas dépasser les 30 mètres alors qu'à mon premier vole il aller à plus de 30 mètres . Que doit je faire ?
2020-4-11
Use props
djiuser_YAdtVa9PWPTv
New

France

Bonjour , je reçu un mon phantom 3 il y a quelque jour je me demandais pourquoi mon drone ne veux pas dépasser les 30 mètres alors qu'à mon premier vole il aller à plus de 30 mètres . Que doit je faire ?
2020-4-11
Use props
lawndart_2
New

United States

Had the same problem.

Tried this today (you have to use the DJI app, this isn't an option in the Litchi app), but to the point, this worked like a charm! Thank you!
2021-7-4
Use props
daiglegillesgmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 754636 ft
Canada

djiuser_Knny2KBYCk3M Posted at 2019-3-12 01:41

Va au menu en haut à droite et choisis l'appareil et descend en bas et choisis 'sensor state' et presse sur IMU calibration et ensuite  à Check IMU
2021-12-31
Use props
daiglegillesgmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 754636 ft
Canada

Had the same problem.

TKS for the refresh
2021-12-31
Use props