Controller Link
719 12 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scooby464
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296112 ft
Canada

Hello everyone.  New to all this drone stuff.

My wift got me a DJI Phantom 3 Standard for Christmas (Well got it Dec 30th as Staples was out of stock until then and she paid for one to reserve it.).

It flew for 3 small flights and now, when I have the drone and controller powered on, the controller light goes to a solid green, but I can not control anything on the drone.  I have looked at the light for relinking the controller and it is solid red (the lights under the propellers are solid red in the front and flashing yellow fast on the rear).  I have went through the DJI Go App process for relinking the controller, the drone light flashes red, the controller beeps, turns solid green and says complete.  The light on the drone goes back to a solid red though....no control.

I have tried it that way and by turning the gimbal control dial down and flipping the switch until I hear the beeps, push the link button on the drone, same thing....goes back to a solid red.

I have camera display through the app, but all that shows is Signal Lost on the top....

Any insight into this?  I have tried the downgrading of the firmware, still no luck.

Thank you in advance.
2017-1-1
Use props
gbmarsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75692 ft
Canada

Welcome to the club, had the same thing happen to mine, still waiting for an answer from DJI about RMA. This problem has popped up on several forums since christmas but no real answer yet.
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What is the current firmware version for aircraft and APP?
Have you tried to delete the APP, re-install it?
Restarting the aircraft makes no sense?
Besides, the front LED turns on solid red after powering it on, which is normal. Aircraft status led flashes yellow quickly means RC's signal lost.
2017-1-2
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Did you ever resolve this I've the same issue!
2017-1-2
Use props
fans27dab62e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75 ft
United States

chrisw94 Posted at 2017-1-2 04:30
Did you ever resolve this I've the same issue!

Sounds like the same problem I have been having.
2017-1-2
Use props
Scooby464
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296112 ft
Canada

Had a chat with DJI.....seems to be the flashing yellow means the phantom 3 is waiting for the relink....Earth (the Tech Support Agent from DJI) suggested a possible failure of the board.  Even tried the two ways to relink again....tried 12 times all-in-all as still no go.  As as it was only a few days old, he advised me just to exchange it at the store where it was purchased.  Went back to Staples today....exchanged it and all is good.....won't be flying today though -26 degrees Celsius  lol.  Thanks for all the suggestions and input.  I really appreciate it.
2017-1-2
Use props
Furyswrath
lvl.1

United States

Scooby464 Posted at 2017-1-2 10:18
Had a chat with DJI.....seems to be the flashing yellow means the phantom 3 is waiting for the relink....Earth (the Tech Support Agent from DJI) suggested a possible failure of the board.  Even tried the two ways to relink again....tried 12 times all-in-all as still no go.  As as it was only a few days old, he advised me just to exchange it at the store where it was purchased.  Went back to Staples today....exchanged it and all is good.....won't be flying today though -26 degrees Celsius  lol.  Thanks for all the suggestions and input.  I really appreciate it.

I Was told the same thing, Sadly I bought from Amazon and they are out of stock and dont expect stock till end of February.

DJI wanted me to RMA and send them this to China..  No thanks..  So im pretty well screwed for a couple months.
2017-1-2
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Furyswrath Posted at 2017-1-2 15:12
I Was told the same thing, Sadly I bought from Amazon and they are out of stock and dont expect stock till end of February.

DJI wanted me to RMA and send them this to China..  No thanks..  So im pretty well screwed for a couple months.

Im In the exact same boat!
2017-1-2
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Have you tried calibrating the unit itself by turning it around as the instruction says?
2017-1-2
Use props
Furyswrath
lvl.1

United States

Porkhunt Posted at 2017-1-2 18:25
Have you tried calibrating the unit itself by turning it around as the instruction says?

yep been there done that.  I really think there is a version mismatch between the aircraft and the RC, I really dont think the RC got the update, when doing the manual update via the SD Card. but I have no way to back that statement up, just a gut feeling i have.  

Does anyone have any what without using the DJI app to verify software versions on the AC and the RC, on the P3S?
2017-1-3
Use props
Furyswrath
lvl.1

United States

I Got it to Downgrade to 1.07.0090 and the RC Signal Lost error is gone but now its back to Barometer Error,  ive done several IMC Calibrations  still has that error.
2017-1-3
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Furyswrath Posted at 2017-1-3 18:38
I Got it to Downgrade to 1.07.0090 and the RC Signal Lost error is gone but now its back to Barometer Error,  ive done several IMC Calibrations  still has that error.

I think the claims DJI make are rubbish about their drones capabilities!
2017-1-26
Use props
fansf4a1e29c
lvl.1

United States

Just re-link the controller to the PS3.  Most likely had a firmware update.. in which, the controller forgets which band it used to connect to PS3..  Anywho, there is a buttons on bottom of drone inside a depression.  Looks like a reset button.  Hit that for 2 seconds untill u see flashing light.  Then, go to DJI go app with controller on.  At the top you will have a few icons.  One of them looks like a controller.  Click on that, at the very bottom of the menu that pops up there is a "link" button.. click that.. wait.. good to go.  If you somehow don't feel a button depress on the bottom of the drone.. It may have fell off like mine during one of my various wrecks.  Luckily I found the button swashiling around below the main PC board.  Was able to reconnect the controller by sticking the button on a Q-tip with a dab of Vaseline and lining the connections points up just right and added pressure..
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules