Drone wanted to land itself!!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eh8YLsqrthTv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208681 ft
United States

So I was in sport mode. Flying about 1/4 mile away from me. 55% ish battery. Told me there was a voltage problem and WAS landing!!! So I pointed it at home and full stick was heading back. It got about 70% the way down and the warning stopped and I brought it back home no issue and still over 50% battery left. Anyone else run into this issue? What if I was over water? Or something else. Thoughts?
2017-1-1
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Were you flying on a cold day? If the battery was really cold it might have dropped the voltage too low (this is something that happens to all LiPo batteries) and triggered the emergency landing but as you continued using it the battery warmed up and the voltage normalised.
If it's cold, try not to push the drone too hard until the battery warms up (to around 25 degrees C/77 degrees F) and it should be fine then.
2017-1-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

What was the ambient temperature where it was flying?  If the battery was too cold, full power operations could pull cell voltages too low and it would land.  When flying in very cold weather, you should keep an eye on the battery temperature and not push high current operations (heavy throttle).
2017-1-1
Use props
Eh8YLsqrthTv
lvl.1
United States

Hterag Posted at 2017-1-1 19:06
Were you flying on a cold day? If the battery was really cold it might have dropped the voltage too low (this is something that happens to all LiPo batteries) and triggered the emergency landing but as you continued using it the battery warmed up and the voltage normalised.
If it's cold, try not to push the drone too hard until the battery warms up (to around 25 degrees C/77 degrees F) and it should be fine then.

It was about 45-48 degrees. Thanks for the info.
2017-1-2
Use props
Eh8YLsqrthTv
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-1-1 19:08
What was the ambient temperature where it was flying?  If the battery was too cold, full power operations could pull cell voltages too low and it would land.  When flying in very cold weather, you should keep an eye on the battery temperature and not push high current operations (heavy throttle).

Thanks.. Now I know.. lol
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules