Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

OhOhDrone Posted at 2017-1-19 19:46
Correct. It does not move forwards and backwards like you expect it. I am still trying to figure out how to move the direction properly.

Don't use Spotlight, just Active Track only.
2017-1-20
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75056 ft
United States

Just adding my 2 cents...

I've used the RTH, POI, Active Track.... I've crashed with every single 1.

RTH:
In many other threads on here, I've reported the difference in documentation that DJI provides for RTH.  Be aware, that within 5m from home (not 5-20) the Mavic will descend, and 5-20 m from home  it will ascent to 32 ft if not already at or over that height, then move to the home location, if 20+ m from home, it will go to the RTH height set.

POI:
Controls here are not terribly intuitive.  The Mavic moves automatically circular pattern without input, at a set radius.  This is done  WITHOUT INPUT much like a car in DRIVE has an idling speed, without the foot on the gas.  The controls while in this mode affect the height while circling, the radius of circling, and the direction.  Take note of the screen prompt that explain which control now will control which dimension.  

For me, while i was in this mode it made me increase the radius that put the circle in the path of trees.  For whatever reason, my cell phone disconnected multiple times, but luckily the DJI controller remained contact so I could hold slight LEFT to essentially maintain my position, otherwise it would have approached the trees.  Then i tried lowering the drone, but to land, but apparently, while in this mode you cannot land, or get X (i do not recall the height) ft from the ground.  I was unsure how to cancel mode from controller directly, so i maintained as much as I could while phone tried reconnecting.  Eventually it reconnected and I was able to PRESS exit mode.  Issue was it never exited.  I pressed the button over and over, no result.  After about a minute, the RC input lost connection for a second, so the rotation continued and the Mavic crashed.  10 Minutes later when I re-opened the DJI app, after all as powered down, I got about 15 prompts to exit mode.  A bit too late.

ACTIVE TRACK:
I used active track in the open on myself and worked well.  Yesterday I had the bright idea to do an active track on a window in the middle of my house, so that I could fly and it would maintain a good center focus on the house as I moved around.  Still unsure what happened at this point, but for whatever reason, the mavic (which was tracking that window properly) took off towards the right about 20-30 ft into the trees.  Again, house was in focus, on there was no controller input, and no, the window was not moving.  Still unsure what happened. here.

Point being, I'd be VERY cautious when using any of the intelligent flight modes... or maybe I'm just a dummy.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-23 10:19
Just adding my 2 cents...

I've used the RTH, POI, Active Track.... I've crashed with every single 1.

When you are in the intelligent flight modes there's the stop button on the app screen that will cancel the mode. Or if something happens to your device, you can use the pause button on the RC as well.

For any beginner users I would not attempt any intelligent flight modes until you are totally confident in your piloting skills, have fully read and understand the entire 60 page manual, and have watched all the tutorial videos.
2017-1-23
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75056 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-23 10:25
When you are in the intelligent flight modes there's the stop button on the app screen that will cancel the mode. Or if something happens to your device, you can use the pause button on the RC as well.

For any beginner users I would not attempt any intelligent flight modes until you are totally confident in your piloting skills, have fully read and understand the entire 60 page manual, and have watched all the tutorial videos.

Thanks for the advice on the pause button!  And I agree whole-heartedly on becoming confident.

I am a beginner, but am good at controlling in manual.  These flight modes I assumed were a great crutch for the non-pro, but that does not seem to be the case.  The other unfortunate thing, but makes sense based on the mode, is that these modes change the way the Mavic responds to controller input.

I advise, as most common sense would point to, to read up very well on the modes themselves, and then test in a very open and VERY forgiving environment to adjust to the learning curve.

... I wish there was a way to play with these modes in the flight sim.
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-23 10:42
Thanks for the advice on the pause button!  And I agree whole-heartedly on becoming confident.

I am a beginner, but am good at controlling in manual.  These flight modes I assumed were a great crutch for the non-pro, but that does not seem to be the case.  The other unfortunate thing, but makes sense based on the mode, is that these modes change the way the Mavic responds to controller input.

Some of the Intelligent modes are available in the simulator, you can use Waypoint, POI.
2017-1-23
Use props
fansc21abebd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 925010 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I must have ATTI mode to switch
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansc21abebd Posted at 2017-1-24 07:06
I must have ATTI mode to switch

Sorry, currently there's no manual ATTI mode.
2017-1-24
Use props
fans7202207c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653524 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 08:21
Sorry, currently there's no manual ATTI mode.

Hi Ken I was asking about livestreaming from the mavic you asked for a pic of what happens here it is and I did a Uninstaller and reinstall still the same thing I am using a Samsung s5 and in Canada
received_10211229822043476.jpeg
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans7202207c Posted at 2017-1-25 15:47
Hi Ken I was asking about livestreaming from the mavic you asked for a pic of what happens here it is and I did a Uninstaller and reinstall still the same thing I am using a Samsung s5 and in Canada

I see now,
I think it's an error in the app, it should be resolved in time.
2017-1-25
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I tried Active Track and Tapfly today and I am just blown away by how good they are.
I recently completed a DJI survey which asked if I use these features so I just hope that DJI aren't considering dropping them through lack of use. They are just brilliant and the video is much smoother in panning than what I can do manually. Just love it. Made my day!!!
2017-1-27
Use props
fans7202207c
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-25 18:20
I see now,
I think it's an error in the app, it should be resolved in time.

Ok another? Can I work on or ajust a way point missions after I marked the course when I am done
Or once it's done that's it
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-1-27 20:34
I tried Active Track and Tapfly today and I am just blown away by how good they are.
I recently completed a DJI survey which asked if I use these features so I just hope that DJI aren't considering dropping them through lack of use. They are just brilliant and the video is much smoother in panning than what I can do manually. Just love it. Made my day!!!

Yes, the features are pretty cool. I don't think they would go away.
Glad you are enjoying your Mavic.
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans7202207c Posted at 2017-1-28 09:40
Ok another? Can I work on or ajust a way point missions after I marked the course when I am done
Or once it's done that's it

No, you have to fly to each point you want to save as a waypoint.
2017-1-28
Use props
SteveGmavic
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-28 17:52
No, you have to fly to each point you want to save as a waypoint.

I have flown the mission now can I go back and give it a name or can I Change anything in the mission without making a new one
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SteveGmavic Posted at 2017-1-30 17:52
I have flown the mission now can I go back and give it a name or can I Change anything in the mission without making a new one

I have not tried but I think if you can change anything, the only thing it may be is changing the name.
2017-1-30
Use props
SteveGmavic
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-30 18:52
I have not tried but I think if you can change anything, the only thing it may be is changing the name.

Can you tell where in here I would post that question that someone might answer me
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SteveGmavic Posted at 2017-1-30 20:41
Can you tell where in here I would post that question that someone might answer me

I will ask and I will  go for a flight a little later and see if I can change the name.
2017-1-31
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Canada

Great thanks
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I just tried and you cannot change any data. The mission is saved as the date and GPS coordinates.
If you have a bunch saved, open the map page and as you choose the different missions they waypoints for that mission are displayed on the map.

From the home page when you open the app, tap the Me icon on the right, then More, then Feedback.
From there you can enter ya request to be able to name missions.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules