9395 50 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kamikaze808
lvl.1
Flight distance : 871184 ft
  • >>>
United States

does anyone know if you can put the P4P gimbal camera on the p4, i only want the better camera but not so much the drone or the remote control.
2017-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

kamikaze808 Posted at 2017-3-7 23:42
does anyone know if you can put the P4P gimbal camera on the p4, i only want the better camera but not so much the drone or the remote control.

Every time someone asks, the answer is still no.
2017-3-8
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11634 ft
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2017-1-2 06:26
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

Well, if you expect to see a big difference in image quality between the two birds as far as still photos are concerned, you're going to have to shoot raw and not JPEG. A JPEG image has been post processed by the camera itself. It is designed to have a small file size footprint.  That is accomplished by compressing the dynamic range as well as removing redundant pixels to make the file smaller. Not to mention the fact it is color corrected and sharpened before you ever put your fingers on it.  In my opinion (and my opinion only), if you are going to spend the money to purchase this bird because of its superior camera, and you need to utilize the film format that will make the most out of it. I have a Sony RX 100  camera, which utilizes the exact same sensor which is in the P4P  and I have been over-the-top pleased with the image quality from the Sony. That was my main buying decision over any other bird in its price range. I have made 17" x 24" prints from my bird which are stunning (in my humble opinion).
2017-3-8
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11634 ft
United States

JAFARINI Posted at 2017-1-2 23:03
I am not big fan of finding faults.

This comparison is definitely not right. and difference between 24mm and 20mm is huge.

Glad you mentioned the Sony RX 100. I have a Sony RX IV, which has the same sense or as the P4P.  I shoot raw, auto exposure bracketing for both the Sony and the bird. While it's difficult to make a side-by-side comparison when comparing a terrestrial shot to an aerial shot,  I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. As far as I am concerned, they are identical. I I know the Sony has a Carl Zeiss lens, which undoubtedly is superior, but I think that maybe my post processing skills renter that difference null.
2017-3-8
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15252589 ft
  • >>>
Georgia

Zeldon50 Posted at 2017-3-8 07:07
Glad you mentioned the Sony RX 100. I have a Sony RX IV, which has the same sense or as the P4P.  I shoot raw, auto exposure bracketing for both the Sony and the bird. While it's difficult to make a side-by-side comparison when comparing a terrestrial shot to an aerial shot,  I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. As far as I am concerned, they are identical. I I know the Sony has a Carl Zeiss lens, which undoubtedly is superior, but I think that maybe my post processing skills renter that difference null.

Thanks for reply. I always shoot RAW. On P3A and P3P and on P4P I shoot only RAW and processing style is same. Seems I can push P3P raw images even further without revealing any artifacts. When I scale P4P RAW images to 100% it reveals some JPG style noise which was big surprise for me.

Can you also see the sensor "bias" after some processing of the file? That is too weird for 1inch sensor.
P4P.JPG
2017-3-9
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Georgia

I draw red lines to make it more visible. I am not sure but it can be related to Lens as well.

P4P.JPG
2017-3-9
Use props
fans923b8fd4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3175755 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I too have over 100 hours experience with the P3P and I am disappointed by the P4P as well. My main complaint is the ability for the P4P to manage a simple orbit or waypoint mission and keep a still track. Orbits in what you could only describe as light winds < 10 knots, result in a very jerky aircraft performance and hence jerky movement for what was an easy smooth video on the P3P. I believe the smaller airframe with the P4P results in less stability in its tracking modes. True it definitely hovers better, but when actually flying, it is not at all smooth. Results are unusable video. So no matter how better the camera may be (doubtful from my perspective), if you can't get an even and smooth track, you can't get usable footage. I'm not convinced that the camera is that much better either. Whilst the increased sensor does appear to get slightly better resolution, this is not the case with faces or skin tones - and I have tried all profiles, and also reduced sharpness, contrast and saturation to little benefit. Clog is my usual profile for post workflows, but I am extremely disappointed with the results compared to the P3P.
2017-3-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'RAW images have jpg style artifacts and dark parts of the image (shadows and blacks) have terrible effect of being oversharpenned. '

This is a very odd comment. A RAW image has no sharpening applied to it at all. It makes me wonder if the OP has a real undersatanding of what RAW images actually are?
2017-3-9
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Georgia

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-9 17:27
'RAW images have jpg style artifacts and dark parts of the image (shadows and blacks) have terrible effect of being oversharpenned. '

This is a very odd comment. A RAW image has no sharpening applied to it at all. It makes me wonder if the OP has a real undersatanding of what RAW images actually are?

This is how I describe the effect I get when RAW images are scaled to 100%.
Sure there should be no image processing done to RAW but this is exactly it LOOKS LIKE. Seems 1" sensor is not doing right.

Very rough comparison but images look like true 14-16 megapixels then scaled (by software) to 20 mega.
2017-3-10
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love the P4P, agree with a few of your complaints, but not most of them. The camera is spectacular, and blows away the P3P. BUT, I would place the VERY ANNOYING pop-up wind warnings at the top of the list of problems. They are simply false, you can get them when flying indoors! DJI needs to give us a way to shut them off. All winter I had gloves on when flying, so I needed a pen-stylus to continually press to get rid of the wind warnings on days when my anemometer said there was no wind at all, and the water's surface was smooth as a mirror (which only happens when there is no wind).  The wind detection system is triggered by the down-draft of the props, it is as simple as that. It is a completely faulty system and needs to be disabled (or something we can choose to disable in the settings)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please take this request seriously DJI.
2017-4-5
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

They all use burst mode and on P4Pro burst mode uses electric shutter not mechanical.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I think this is not true. If I enable burst mode with the phantom 4 adv sitting in my desk i can hear the mechanical shutter working.
2018-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules