Inspection Needs
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usere7e0e3a3f0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45505 ft
United States

Hello

We are a professional inspection service provider to the oil and gas industry.  Currently we are utilizing very expensive UAVs to gather the data required for the engineers to make decisions.  We would love to use DJI equipment due to much lower costs and high qualty equipment but have not found exactly what we need within the DJI line up.  We need to provide the customer still imagery utilizing 30x optical zoom with about 20mp resolution.  We were excited to see that DJI came out with the Z30 zoom camera but were disapointed to see that its capability for still images was not there.  I believe its down around 2mp for stills.  

I think the one thing that is misunderstood about the inspection industry is that alot of things are not done with just real time video.  High resolution still images are needed of nuts and bolts and small cracks and corrosion.  Later engineers can digitally zoom in on a computer to see even more detail.  Often times a report is then made up with the data that was collected.

Does anyone know of a DJI setup that could provide this type of solution?  I am hopeful that DJI will soon be coiming out with a one stop industrial inspection solution that would be a game changer for the inspection world.  

Thanks in advance for any input or ideas.

Thanks
2017-1-2
Use props
jackwrangham
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917057 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, email me jack@droneaerialops.com - we're working on something!
2017-1-5
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

We bought a 4/3 zoom lens for our X5 which helps with similar jobs, downside is it is fixed zoom, but upside is that they're easy to swap out, so with planning, not a big deal. Another option would be slapping a dslr or red on the bottom with a ronin.

Jack, what are you working on?
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules