Video sometimes wont be readable
501 4 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

I have been flying my p3s in 20-30 degree f temperature. Occasionally my video will download but it isnt readable by mac or pc. It is there but for some reason it wont play due to unknown codec or some such thing. Any thoughts?
2017-1-2
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
United States

Could it be that I need to give my bird some more time to acclimatize to the cold weather before flying I don't understand why sometimes everything is perfect and sometimes the video is not usable or viewable
2017-1-2
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
United States

OK, so I searched the forum. I found out that if I shut off the battery on the P3S before stopping the video recording that this will corrupt the video since the "clean up and finalize" process of making the video was interrupted. Anybody concur?
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

eliot may Posted at 2017-1-2 13:32
OK, so I searched the forum. I found out that if I shut off the battery on the P3S before stopping the video recording that this will corrupt the video since the "clean up and finalize" process of making the video was interrupted. Anybody concur?

Yes, that will corrupt the video file.
2017-1-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

eliot may Posted at 2017-1-2 13:32

Absolutely, but if it happens, just put the SD card back in the aircraft then power cycle the aircraft, it will then fix the file.
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules