issues with return to home
669 6 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dazman1304
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi
    took my p3S out for its first proper flight this afternoon, ( as a newbie only used it at low level in the garden before) however when i used the RTH function on the Go app (iphone) the drone started to climb very fast. i had to cancel this and use the auto land function, is this normal or have i done something wrong.
2017-1-2
Use props
WigglyWally
lvl.1
United States

The reason it began to climb was most likely due to the RTH height, which I believe is set default at 30m, it is easily adjusted in the general drone settings. The reason for this setting is to keep the drone from hitting any obstacles because it doesn't have any obstacle avoidance.
2017-1-2
Use props
Dazman1304
lvl.1

United Kingdom

WigglyWally Posted at 2017-1-2 12:16
The reason it began to climb was most likely due to the RTH height, which I believe is set default at 30m, it is easily adjusted in the general drone settings. The reason for this setting is to keep the drone from hitting any obstacles because it doesn't have any obstacle avoidance.

Many thanks totally forgot about that setting to say my heart was going a bit was a understatement
2017-1-2
Use props
WigglyWally
lvl.1
United States

Dazman1304 Posted at 2017-1-2 12:19
Many thanks totally forgot about that setting to say my heart was going a bit was a understatement

No problem, I totally understand.
2017-1-2
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

Dazman1304 Posted at 2017-1-2 12:19

Good that nothing bad happened, think about this based on where you fly so you can adjust it properly.
If you fly under things you might change it to HOVER. But always think about this setting.
There is different modes of RTH, so Read about it in the documentation.

Happy flying
2017-1-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Yes ... climb to safe height is fine when you want to return over top of trees / buildings etc. to land back at Home Point. But if you are flying IN amongst trees - then its last thing you want ... then set to another function ... such as hover ... taking care on altitude you choose !

Nigel
2017-1-2
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

if your with in 20m of home point it should just land
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now