DJI? What's up? Mavic lost control, gps, signal, and it crashed
123Next >
9940 82 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

Any mods on this site that can help out?
2017-1-2
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

Also, another thing I forgot to mention is that the iphone connection that came with the Mavic does not work. I tried many different iphones and get no signal or connection when I plug it into the RC. I think I may have a faulty RC or maybe it was the wires that came with the Mavic.
2017-1-2
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Load your flightlog txt to here and post the link

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-1-2
Use props
fansf0572733
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2098566 ft
United States

Respecognize Posted at 2017-1-2 14:35
even when it was on it still didnt return to home =/

Bec the aircraft was already home!
2017-1-2
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

fansf0572733 Posted at 2017-1-2 16:15
Bec the aircraft was already home!

I have it set to climb when it is returning to home. I have it set it about 100ft. It did not do that and it was not home per se.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash, Respecognize. I'll help to pass your data file to our engineers for review. They can analyze the data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
2017-1-2
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

Most likely when it drift, it's in ATTI mode and RTH will not work if RC connection lost as there is no GPS signal. Vision stabilization will not work over 50ft or low light mode. I think the problem here is how can the RC lost connection in such a short distance and need to be investigated. Might want to check maybe strong 2.4Ghz interference within the neighborhood or faulty RC.

As for me, I only fly in daylight and within 2km. I start to lost my sight on the drone when flying more than 1km so I can only rely on the camera on the drone for path guidance. Had the iPhone 6 plus DJI Go 4 apps disconnect/no camera signal a few times. Only way to get the signal back is to unplug the lightning connector from the phone and plug back. I need to mention iPhone 6 plus had been formatted fresh and installing few apps only. Always make sure WIFI onboard is turn off and no SIM card is install. Also, disconnection of the apps never happen on my other iPhone 6 which had more apps as that's my primary phone so go figure.
2017-1-2
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-2 18:14
Sorry for your crash, Respecognize. I'll help to pass your data file to our engineers for review. They can analyze the data and let you know what could have caused the issue.

thanks for that, id really like to know what happened. I loved this Mavic so much =/
2017-1-2
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

many people are saying that there was not enough satellites, that's not true, I had 14-17 satellites and a very strong signal. As soon as I took off, that signal was lost, along with control of the Mavic. So even in ATTI mode I could not control the aircraft.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Shannon
DJI R&D Squad

China

Hi Respecognize,
Sorry to hear the crash. We will figure out what is wrong.
Would you please provide more information to help us?
Just follow the steps below to fetch more logs:
1) Connect the UAV to PC via USB, then power on
2) Open DjiAssistant2 ( You may find the tool in http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads)
3) Use "Data Export" to export the log to local PC
Repeat the same thing for RC.
Please do not power on the RC or UAV before you export the logs, to avoid the new log overwrite the old log.
2017-1-3
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

Please read everything before commenting. ATTI does work in the dark.
2017-1-3
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Shannon Posted at 2017-1-3 01:11
Hi Respecognize,

Ok sure. I will do that now.
2017-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Pierre35 Posted at 2017-1-2 18:25
Most likely when it drift, it's in ATTI mode and RTH will not work if RC connection lost as there is no GPS signal. Vision stabilization will not work over 50ft or low light mode. I think the problem here is how can the RC lost connection in such a short distance and need to be investigated. Might want to check maybe strong 2.4Ghz interference within the neighborhood or faulty RC.

As for me, I only fly in daylight and within 2km. I start to lost my sight on the drone when flying more than 1km so I can only rely on the camera on the drone for path guidance. Had the iPhone 6 plus DJI Go 4 apps disconnect/no camera signal a few times. Only way to get the signal back is to unplug the lightning connector from the phone and plug back. I need to mention iPhone 6 plus had been formatted fresh and installing few apps only. Always make sure WIFI onboard is turn off and no SIM card is install. Also, disconnection of the apps never happen on my other iPhone 6 which had more apps as that's my primary phone so go figure.

The RC connection to aircraft does not work with gps, also you can fly Atti in the dark, but you need to be a very experienced pilot , it's not something I would recommend, and in this case I don't think even the most experienced pilot could have got control of Mavic in such a short time,

So yes flying at night is a risk, flying at night in a built up area is an even bigger risk, but dji care refresh will cover this if it was deemed an accident, or will cover if it's a warranty issue.

A big thank you to Respecognize for posting and hopefully outcome will be resolved soon..
2017-1-3
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-3 09:32
The RC connection to aircraft does not work with gps, also you can fly Atti in the dark, but you need to be a very experienced pilot , it's not something I would recommend, and in this case I don't think even the most experienced pilot could have got control of Mavic in such a short time,

So yes flying at night is a risk, flying at night in a built up area is an even bigger risk, but dji care refresh will cover this if it was deemed an accident, or will cover if it's a warranty issue.

But I need you to understand that I have flown in ATTI mode before and have done very well. I am a pretty experienced pilot. I had no connection what so ever here. So I could not stabilize the Mavic in ATTI mode when there was no connection to the aircraft. A lot of people are misunderstanding me I think.
2017-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Respecognize Posted at 2017-1-3 13:02
But I need you to understand that I have flown in ATTI mode before and have done very well. I am a pretty experienced pilot. I had no connection what so ever here. So I could not stabilize the Mavic in ATTI mode when there was no connection to the aircraft. A lot of people are misunderstanding me I think.

Well I'm not one of them, you know your own limitations, it's your Mavic and I do except your explanation as far as you have explained, this is not about being wrong or right but rather about learning from our experiences and it's why I commend you for posting..
2017-1-3
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

Hi Respecognize,

Remote Controller Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cy302 ... Fiy33rKVNvKYya?dl=0

Dji Mavic Export Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ifn81 ... oIa1-dWNlDQn8a?dl=0

Let me know if you are missing anything. I believe I exported the right files from the Mavic since it was listed by date. But if its not let me know and Ill export the other files well.
2017-1-3
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-3 09:32

and no problem for posting this! I hope it will help future pilots and the engineering team to figure this out for the future.
2017-1-3
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

Hi Respecognize,

the whole folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aolgf ... P1bwswSecz5Rha?dl=0
2017-1-3
Use props
gmoneypenny
New

French Polynesia

I have been flying my Mavic with great success until the latest firmware update 3.1.1 and then I have been having large 60 plus second downlink data loss with no video signal back to the app on the last few flights when I am very close to the drone and with very strong GPS signal sounds similar to this problem, any ideas?

http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... 65af6badb201fef906a
http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... amp;page_id=GENERAL

Gregg
2017-1-3
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

Respecognize Posted at 2017-1-3 13:02

I think we understand the situation. What we mention here to others is RTH will not work if GPS signal is lost and the worst to happen is loosing connection to the RC too.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Shannon
DJI R&D Squad

China

Respecognize Posted at 2017-1-3 13:27
Remote Controller Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cy302 ... Fiy33rKVNvKYya?dl=0

Dji Mavic Export Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ifn81artjd3ln8j/AAA5CEvhBoRoIa1-dWNlDQn8a?dl=0

Thanks for your information.
We will try to find the reason.
2017-1-3
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Shannon Posted at 2017-1-3 22:14
Thanks for your information.
We will try to find the reason.

ok thank you! I sent you a PM with a question whenever you get a chance!
2017-1-4
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

gmoneypenny Posted at 2017-1-3 19:53
I have been flying my Mavic with great success until the latest firmware update 3.1.1 and then I have been having large 60 plus second downlink data loss with no video signal back to the app on the last few flights when I am very close to the drone and with very strong GPS signal sounds similar to this problem, any ideas?

http://healthydrones.com/main?flight=361f3aca4041565af6badb201fef906a

same here, people are saying the latest firmmware is stable but since the last update I have been having problems. Never had a problem before.
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear the crash, I think dji will consider this as quality issues and get you a new one for free
2017-1-4
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-1-4 09:44
Sorry to hear the crash, I think dji will consider this as quality issues and get you a new one for free

I hope so! =)
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Shannon
DJI R&D Squad

China

Respecognize Posted at 2017-1-4 09:07
ok thank you! I sent you a PM with a question whenever you get a chance!

Hi Respecognize,
We find some records in the log files. The time of records is in Dec.31 and Jan.1.
Would you please tell us the detail time when the crash happened?
2017-1-4
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Respecognize Posted at 2017-1-2 14:35
even when it was on it still didnt return to home =/

Im suspicious. You know that if you dont have GPS lock you didnt have a RTH location. Why are you expecting that the drone flies back to Home. For being experienced, this doesnt add up.

Anyhow, it looks that you took off, the drone drifted in ATTI mode you panicked , it crashed. End of story.
But I can be completely wrong.
2017-1-4
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Shannon Posted at 2017-1-4 19:54
Hi Respecognize,
We find some records in the log files. The time of records is in Dec.31 and Jan.1.

Jan 1st from around 1230am-130am
2017-1-5
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

stratosHD Posted at 2017-1-4 20:21
Im suspicious. You know that if you dont have GPS lock you didnt have a RTH location. Why are you expecting that the drone flies back to Home. For being experienced, this doesnt add up.

Anyhow, it looks that you took off, the drone drifted in ATTI mode you panicked , it crashed. End of story.

you are completely wrong.
2017-1-5
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

stratosHD Posted at 2017-1-4 20:21

I have flown in ATTI mode before and there is no sense in drifting into a tree for no reason. Please lets leave the conclusions to the experts. End of story.
2017-1-5
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Shannon Posted at 2017-1-4 19:54
Hi Respecognize,

it was the last time I flew so the last few records since the drone is not flyable now.
2017-1-5
Use props
nbookie
lvl.1

United States

Check the video at this link. It did the same thing except I got control and gps back even though the remote says I don't have any signal (for several minutes). I finally got it to land and rebooted. All good for about 2 flights. Its been doing this before and after the 27th release. Go 4 app and go app.
2017-1-6
Use props
nbookie
lvl.1

United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-79298-1-1.html?mobile=2
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Shannon
DJI R&D Squad

China

Hi Respecognize,
We may find the reason.
1) The GPS signal is too weak, meanwile, the vision may not work well in that environment at that moment. So, the UAV was in ATTI mode.
2) It happened that the romote controller was rebooted at the same time.
3) Without control signal input, in ATTI mode, the UAV started to drift, then it crashed. Although, the remote connected with the UAV a moment later (after about half minute).
Reboot of remoter controller is a very very low probility event. Most time, you do not need to worry. Because the system will recovery in several seconds. With GPS mode or vision system, the UAV will stay stable to wait re-connection.
Unfortunately, it seems that you encountered the RC reboot in the ATTI mode.
Our colleagues will contact you later. You do not need pay any fee for repair or replacement.

Besides, we do not recommend customers fly in the ATTI mode, cause it is difficult to control.
Hope you have fun with your MAVIC.
2017-1-8
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

gmoneypenny Posted at 2017-1-3 19:53

http://healthydrones.com/main?flight=361f3aca4041565af6badb201fef906a

Oh that's beautiful I don't feel sorry for you!
2017-1-8
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Shannon Posted at 2017-1-8 18:41
Hi Respecognize,
We may find the reason.
1) The GPS signal is too weak, meanwile, the vision may not work well in that environment at that moment. So, the UAV was in ATTI mode.

Ok that makes complete sense. Usually in ATTI mode I know how to control the aircraft because I would always fly in ATTI mode with phantom 3 and 4. But thank you for investigating this issue and getting back to me. Is one of your colleagues going to respond to me about what will happen with my drone? I would be more comfortable with a new replacement since I wouldn't since I don't trust this UAV in the air again. Are you guys sending me a new one and I send this one back in? Haven't heard from anyone yet.

Thanks again.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Respecognize Posted at 2017-1-9 00:41
Ok that makes complete sense. Usually in ATTI mode I know how to control the aircraft because I would always fly in ATTI mode with phantom 3 and 4. But thank you for investigating this issue and getting back to me. Is one of your colleagues going to respond to me about what will happen with my drone? I would be more comfortable with a new replacement since I wouldn't since I don't trust this UAV in the air again. Are you guys sending me a new one and I send this one back in? Haven't heard from anyone yet.

Thanks again.

Hello, please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2017-1-9
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-9 00:44
Hello, please send an e-mail to  with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:

I actually think I already have a case open for this. You can check the system. Is it possible to get a new unit shipped out while this one is sent to you guys?
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Respecognize Posted at 2017-1-9 00:51
I actually think I already have a case open for this. You can check the system. Is it possible to get a new unit shipped out while this one is sent to you guys?

I can check your case number in the system. Thanks.
Please refer to our replacement service.
replacement service.png   
Since it's over 15 days, it's not accord with the replace policy.
We will arrange the repair service for you.
2017-1-9
Use props
defero
New

Romania

DJI-Shannon Posted at 2017-1-8 18:41
Hi Respecognize,
We may find the reason.

" ..... 2) It happened that the romote controller was rebooted at the same time. "

why ? are already more and more cases when Mavic lose contact with remote controller - see youtube. something is not right
2017-1-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules