Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is there a proper order of shut down?
14194 13 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

Sorry, im using a P3S.
2017-1-2
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
United States

I didn't see a specific thread for this. What is the recommended shut-down order? 1. turn off video recording 2. shut down controller 3. shut off battery?  I have a couple corrupt video files that might have been a victim of shutting off the drone before stopping the video. Im still learning, but having a blast in the mean time (except when my video is corrupt).
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You always turn on the drone last when beginning, or second last, and the drone off first when shutting down.

I like to have the RC on, then the drone, followed by opening the Go app.
When I turn on my RC, with the iPad Air2 plugged in, it automatically turns on the device for me.
Then I power up the drone, and by then my iPad is on and I can open up the Go app.

After I land, I make sure to close the video recording, power down, then turn off the drone. Followed by shutting off my RC.

RedHotPoker

2017-1-2
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

I start rc , ac then app. I shut down ac, rc then app.  No problems
2017-1-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

1. Stop recording
2. Power down aircraft
3. Poweer down RC unit
4. Power down phone or tablet.
2017-1-2
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
United States

Great! Thanks for the input.
2017-1-2
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

You should never have the aircraft powered on when the RC isn't for the simple expedient that if the aircraft did something it wasn't supposed to do you can't correct/stop it if the RC isn't powered on.
2017-1-2
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I ALWAYS power down the controller+phone before the aircraft.
You should be stopping the recording. Exit the app and then power down the craft.
If you do this way, the video will finalise and you will get no corruption in card. This method will also write any flight settings changes you have made to the craft (all settings are held on the craft).
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-1-2 16:00
I ALWAYS power down the controller+phone before the aircraft.
You should be stopping the recording. Exit the app and then power down the craft.
If you do this way, the video will finalise and you will get no corruption in card. This method will also write any flight settings changes you have made to the craft (all settings are held on the craft).

Never turn the drone on before the RC. You might get an unexpected flight, with no RC to control it....

RedHotPoker
2017-1-2
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-2 16:05
Never turn the drone off before the RC. You might get an unexpected flight, with no RC to control it....

Nah... DJI have been reliable with this. After 4 yrs and my 5th drone - none have started motors by itself. I will only allow skynet to do this.
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I will only run my drone by itself for firmware updates.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-2
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-2 16:05
Never turn the drone off before the RC. You might get an unexpected flight, with no RC to control it....

dont you mean

Never turn off the RC before the drone
2017-1-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

No yes No, turn off the drone first. Turn the RC On first, and the drone Off first. Ha

Mix yourself up first, then me never... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-2
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
United States

so to summarize:
when beginning a flight:
1. turn on RC
2. turn on phantom
3. start up DJI go app

when concluding:
1. stop recording
2. shut down drone
3. shut down RC
4 shut down app

that should avoid losing video due to shutting down the drone with the camera still rolling!
Thanks everyone for the input!
Now to see if I can recover my lost footage. I did find a thread that talked about using djifix to do that. It looked complicated but Ill give it a try
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules