Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any Ideas why my video looks like this?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb9b79053
lvl.1

United States

This weekend I took my kids to the park to fly around a little.    I just picked up the P3P a few weeks ago and have only had it up a few times so far.    I figured I would try and shoot in 4k/24fps and I used a Class 10 micro sd card.    The wind was around 8-10mph with gusts up to 15mph.    I did not pay attention to the direction of the wind when I was flying because I did not know I would have an issue with how the video looked when I was finished.    I am not sure if the problem with the video is because of the wind or because of something else?   This is just a short 30 second clip I cut that shows the problem I am having.    I know the video does not look like it was shot in 4k but thats because I had to lower the video quality to 720p to get it to play on my computer without freezing up.    I have a quesiton about shooting in 4k and playing it back on a 4k tv but I will post that question in the proper section of the forums.    Thank you for any advice and answers you can give.  

2017-1-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

What problem are you specifically asking about?
2017-1-2
Use props
DLS0680
lvl.1

United States

At the beginning of the video and at about 20 second mark in the video you can see what I would describe as flickering. You can really see it if you look at the trees on the right side of the video at the 20 second mark.   It's not smooth it looks kind of jittery and not really super clear.   I think the clarity is due to the downgrading the video to 720p also kind of washed out from facing in the direction of the sun.    Could these lines be from some type of vibration or from the wind or a combo of both?
2017-1-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DLS0680 Posted at 2017-1-2 15:38
At the beginning of the video and at about 20 second mark in the video you can see what I would describe as flickering. You can really see it if you look at the trees on the right side of the video at the 20 second mark.   It's not smooth it looks kind of jittery and not really super clear.   I think the clarity is due to the downgrading the video to 720p also kind of washed out from facing in the direction of the sun.    Could these lines be from some type of vibration or from the wind or a combo of both?

No, they are called prop shadows, caused by the angle between the sun and the lens. The prop is then in bnetween the sun and the lens and casts shadows onto the lens. The speed on the prop verus the can rate causes those lines. You can mitigate them by adjusting the tile anlge of the camera to some degree.
2017-1-2
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Prop shadows.
You can use a sun hood. Its like a little hat for your camera.
Another option is to use an ND filter to drop the shutter speed (1/60th for 30 fps) to create motion blur. The motion blur will minimise the prop shadows and give your footage a more cinematic look.
2017-1-2
Use props
DLS0680
lvl.1

United States

ohhhhhhhhh that makes perfect sense!   Thank you very very much for your response.    I was worried something was wrong with the cam or something was causing excessive vibration.    Thank you again.   I was very worried.
2017-1-2
Use props
DLS0680
lvl.1

United States

LOL...I just ordered a set of filters right before I read your post.  
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules