P3P 4k video from Phantom to 4k TV question
1445 4 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb9b79053
lvl.1

United States

Hello Everyone.   Happy New Year.

I had a few questions if you can help it would be greatly appreciated.   I have a P3P that I have had for a few weeks now and have only had it up a few times.    I am still trying to learn all the cool stuff this thing does but my learning curve seems to be slow.    The other day I shot some video in 4k/24fps.    I have a Samsung UHD 4k tv with a 3.0 usb slot in it.   I thought if
I take the micro sd card with the footage from the P3P and put it into a 3.0 usb card reader and connect it to my TV the video would just play but that was not the case.   My TV said video format not supported.    I tried to play the 4k video on my computer and it would hardly play at all it just keeps freezing up.    I only have an I5 processor and 8g memory on my laptop.    I ended up having to use a video converter to downgrade the video to 720p to get it to play on my computer and TV.   

I am using a trial version of a video converter.     Do I need to downgrade my video to get it to play on the TV or do I just need to convert the 4k video I shot into a 4k video in the proper format for my tv?     My next question I don't know if you can answer these questions here because I know some sites don't allow company suggestions so if this part can't be answered I totally understand.    Can anyone suggest a good video converter also a good video editor that may not break the bank?   

And finially my last question for now.....This weekend when I shot the video I noticed that when I converted it down to 720 the video seemed kind of faded and washed out not really bright or vibrant colors.  Would some type of UV filter or Polorizing filter help with the video quality?    I also had a problem with some lines in my video when I faced the P3P in a certain direction but I posted that in the P3P forum section with a short video clip to show what I was talking about.   

Thank you for any help you can give
Dave
2017-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Your TV should play the file, but it most likely will want it in .MP4 format, so check whether you are recording .MOV or .MP4 files. Even so, the TV might not like the files, as the DJI file format is a little different to some others.

One thing you might try, it downloading a free copy of Handbrake. This is a MPEG file compression and conversion utility that will output proper MP4 files. It is a biut tricky to use, but persevere with it. You should not need to downscale to 720p to get the files to play.

As to your computer, it is quite likely your computer is just not up to the taks of palying 4K video, quite a lot of computers cannot. Try the free VLC player and see if it helps. Try getting this far and tackle the remaining issues later.
2017-1-2
Use props
DLS0680
lvl.1

United States

Thank you again.    I appreciate your help very much in both my situations I will download Handbrake and work with it till I get it down.     Have a good night.
2017-1-2
Use props
fansfbd82212
Banned

Japan

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-2-21
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

United States

The DJI Phantom 3 Pro shoots 4K video in MOV container file format compressed with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, you can check your Samsung UHD TV user manual to see which 4K file formats it supports to play. Generally, most 4K TV most supports to play 4K video with H.265 codec in MP4 container file format. We highly recommend you to convert the unsupported DJI Phantom 4K video to Samsung 4K TV supported 4K H.265 with Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, which will ensure you to generate a high quality 4K video.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules