Samsung Tablet
1373 6 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Dax
lvl.1

United States

Can I use a Samsung Tab A or Tab E for the App? They both have WiFi and Cellular capabilities. I have no interest in using Apple products and need a larger screen than my Samsung S6.
Thanks in advance.
2017-1-2
Use props
JohnnyD34
lvl.1

Australia

Yes the Samsung Tablets should be ok.   

I bought a Lenovo Tab 3 A7 which is cheaper than the Samsungs and works fine with the DJI Go app.   

With android tablet there is a sequence that need to be followed before everything works.

1 Switch on the Phantom aircraft
2 Switch on the Remote Controller
3 Plug in the tablet usb cable into the controller

I also have an ipad air.  One thing I noticed with the Ipad is that it's a lot brighter than the android tablet and easier to see on sunny days.  Also the android video on the tablet seems to stutter sometimes. No big problem.  I chose the android tablet because it's smaller than the ipad, cheap and is dedicated for flying the Phantom.
2017-1-2
Use props
marnat3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1460 ft
United States

I am using a SamsungTab A SM-T280. All is good.
Had to get it cause my eyes cant see my phone too well anymore.

2017-1-5
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

I use a Samsung Tab A but was not aware it could use cellular. I use WiFi, GPS and apparently compass. As I sit in my chair and spin around, so does the map.  Are there different Tab A with & without celluilar?
2017-1-6
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Answers my questions. Never been a big apple fan. Since Jobs passed there's been zero innovation. Just rehash and rehash of the same old product. Gonna look for a used tab since it's only going to be for the quad.
2017-1-6
Use props
Big Poppa 45
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7799 ft
United States

Hey, I am using a Samsung Tab A. It works fine for me, I just got a different mount as the tablet will not fit with the standard mounting option.
2017-1-6
Use props
The Dax
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my mount....ships from overseas, then Ill get the tablet. More than likely the Tab E...I can see during the day, but at night I have a little issue.

2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules