1116 5 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shockwave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27274 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI

I purchased the Phantom 4 Pro from a UK retailer on the 12th December 2016. Having made only 5 flights with it, the gimbal started to act up whereby it sometimes wouldn’t be able to initialise without being impeded on it’s downward stroke, and now after 3 more further flights the problem is starting to get worse and now it doesn’t initialise without sticking every time. The problem has been well discussed on the forums, and in some cases the ribbon cable has snapped, and I’m now concerned mine will go the same way. I take it this is some sort of design issue? If I were to send this back to the retailer I bought it from, would the replacement suffer with the same problem? Is this a product wide issue or is it only seen on a ‘batch’ of devices.

I would appreciate your response as I only have a couple of days left to return this to the retailer. If you don’t respond before tomorrow, I’ll just request a full refund from them.

Thanks

2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Shockwave, in order to locate the issue, could you please make a short video of the gimbal issue?
2017-1-3
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy, I can't at the moment as I'm out at work, but I have already spoken to your online team, and they confirm this is an issue and I should request a replacement via my retailer. Your team said that DJI is aware of this problem that stems from the gimbal ribbon cable, and have apparently fixed the issue on subsequent production units. They told me to make sure the retailer requests a new phantom from the "New revised batch" from DJI. I did ask how they are to know it is from the new batch but your support team didn't answer. Maybe you could shed some light on this? as there's going to be stockists across the world with old stock. Can you confirm that a change has been made to new units in production, and how to identify these, as I've not seen any notification from DJI?
2017-1-3
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I will do a video for you, but basically during initialisation, the gimbal completes it's upward stroke ok, but on the downward stroke it sticks for a brief moment at the -90 degree point (ie. straight down), then clicks and carries on to the next 30 degress to fully initialise. It didn't do this when new, then it started to do it occasionally, and now it does it always, and I'm guessing the next step will be when it breaks completely. Your online team told me that this is an issue and needs replacing.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Shockwave Posted at 2017-1-3 04:38
I will do a video for you, but basically during initialisation, the gimbal completes it's upward stroke ok, but on the downward stroke it sticks for a brief moment at the -90 degree point (ie. straight down), then clicks and carries on to the next 30 degress to fully initialise. It didn't do this when new, then it started to do it occasionally, and now it does it always, and I'm guessing the next step will be when it breaks completely. Your online team told me that this is an issue and needs replacing.

We're sorry to hear about the issue, since you've contacted our tech support and done the troubleshooting, we'd like to get it replaced. After you get a new one from your dealer, please let us know for if any further questions.
2017-1-4
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia... yes, I do still have a question that remains unanswered.... "has DJI made changes to the Gimbal in new batches of the P$P coming off the production line" so we're confident we won't get the same issu with the replacement.

This question is posted in other threads too, but still trying to get a straight  answer
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules