Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P recorded video judder / stutter
1010 9 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Damacone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358622 ft
United Kingdom

Hi folks - and a happy new year

This is my first post - I bought myself a P4P recently and have had some fun flying it in over the last few days - generally it's been great, however I've noticed that all the video I capture has a judder at about 1Hz, which is very noticeable when panning or tilting.  There is also some tearing in the video which panning and tilting too.

The way it appears is almost like the image 'ticks' - the pan is smooth but seems to skip every second..  Interestingly, the downlink video seems to do the same.

I've tested the memory card, which can write at around 80MBytes/sec, so I don't think it's that - and I've tried various different codecs, resolutions and rates - with the same result in all of them.  I get the same result playing it back on three different devices, so I am fairly certain the problem is in the recorded video.

Have any of you seen similar things?   At this point I'm not sure whether it's a video processing problem, or an issue with the gimbals themselves..  I've also noticed the gimbal judder problem a few others have seen where the gimbal will twitch after taking a photo.

I contacted DJI today - it's still within its UK return window so I can get an exchange, but I'd need to transfer the DJI care to the new one -  has anyone done that successfully?

Any advice gratefully received!

2017-1-3
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100226 ft
Romania

Can you compare your problem with my footage in this topic?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-78719-1-1.html

2017-1-3
Use props
Damacone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

PliciPleosc Posted at 2017-1-3 05:29
Can you compare your problem with my footage in this topic?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-78719-1-1.html

I've had a look - and your pan shot at altitude has the same issue I am seeing (judder during the pan) - though not to the same extent.   I can definitely see the 'wobble' in your video though, and that's not something I am seeing at all..   looks like vibration to me.

Have you tried a different set of blades?

2017-1-3
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

Damacone Posted at 2017-1-3 05:44
I've had a look - and your pan shot at altitude has the same issue I am seeing (judder during the pan) - though not to the same extent.   I can definitely see the 'wobble' in your video though, and that's not something I am seeing at all..   looks like vibration to me.

Have you tried a different set of blades?

Thats a good thought.  Might be some imbalance.  Was it windy or super cold that day?
2017-1-3
Use props
Damacone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've uploaded a clip of the problem I am having - you can see the juddering happening during the pan, particularly around the edges of the picture.  The judder is most obvious if you download the full clip - it's no so obvious in the preview for some reason.

P4P Image judder example

2017-1-3
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Romania

A new set of blades, seems like a good idea, however, there is no visible vibration if you keep it hovering in front of you. So I decided not to peel of the backup blades and talk to technical support about the issue. It was not particularly cold, about 2 C (within DJI specifications) and kept aircraft, remote and battery inside until the last moment before take off and on take off, battery was 26 C, and 30 seconds into my sample video I checked again and was 33 C steadily warming up.

I just saw your video sample and very subtle problem, but indeed there. My problem seems to be horrible in comparison.

2017-1-3
Use props
Damacone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

PliciPleosc Posted at 2017-1-3 07:29
A new set of blades, seems like a good idea, however, there is no visible vibration if you keep it hovering in front of you. So I decided not to peel of the backup blades and talk to technical support about the issue. It was not particularly cold, about 2 C (within DJI specifications) and kept aircraft, remote and battery inside until the last moment before take off and on take off, battery was 26 C, and 30 seconds into my sample video I checked again and was 33 C steadily warming up.

I just saw your video sample and very subtle problem, but indeed there. My problem seems to be horrible in comparison.

I would agree - there's nothing subtle about the problem you're having - and in the clip you uploaded it ruined some beautiful scenery.  Definitely something grossly wrong I would say - I'd be looking at getting it replaced if it were mine!

2017-1-3
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Romania

Yes, completely agree. I am waiting response from DJI Support and from service of the local dealer I bought it from to see how to return and get a hopefully better copy.

2017-1-3
Use props
Damacone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

PliciPleosc Posted at 2017-1-3 07:54
Yes, completely agree. I am waiting response from DJI Support and from service of the local dealer I bought it from to see how to return and get a hopefully better copy.

Out of interest, do you have DJI Care?  I'm wondering how easy it is to transfer it if I opt for a replacement.
2017-1-3
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Romania

Damacone Posted at 2017-1-3 08:08
Out of interest, do you have DJI Care?  I'm wondering how easy it is to transfer it if I opt for a replacement.

No, to be honest I got the drone in 12.21.2016 and with all holidays and a single battery for now I got just 3 flights. First and second about 3-5 minutes, and this one 22 minutes. Weather and holidays prevented me to test it more often.

I used to fly big aircraft models 5-6 years ago, before getting RL pilot license. So I'd say rusted in radio controlled flying but lots of years of experience behind.

So DJI care was on plan, but got delayed for all these reasons.

2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules