Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Black and White lines on screen
11970 9 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26250 ft
Australia

Hi Guys,

All of a sudden for no reason I have been getting black and white lines on my screen when flying during the day. If I dile down the exposure they sort of go away but this has only just started doing it. Never use to I have had the mavic since mid November . Anyone able to help or explain why or what is going on? It dosn't effect the end recording its just anoying...

Thanks .
2017-1-3
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Haha its functional, there called Zebras and used to show which parts of the screen are over exposed ... look in the camera settings for"Over exposure warning"
2017-1-3
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

Are they the grid lines that can be enabled?
2017-1-3
Use props
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Australia

tivoboy Posted at 2017-1-3 13:10
Are they the grid lines that can be enabled?

No they are not I've checked for that .Thanks.
2017-1-3
Use props
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Australia

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-1-3 13:07
Haha its functional, there called Zebras and used to show which parts of the screen are over exposed ... look in the camera settings for"Over exposure warning"

So it seems that everything is over exposed all the time it is set on auto but its very annoying..Thanks for the response.
2017-1-3
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Reset your camera settings and auto should work ..
2017-1-3
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is called Zebra line, it means that are is over exposed
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't want it, just switch it off
2017-1-4
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-1-4 09:33
This is called Zebra line, it means that are is over exposed

I get this but when I adjust the frame rate to a point where all the stripes disappear the video is underexposed and too dark for viewing.
Even with an ND8 filter, manual WB set to Sunny.
Any suggestions am I too worried about the Zebra stripes and should just accept some over-exposure when the sun is at quarter and bouncing off water?
2018-3-16
Use props
Samuva_2002
New

Canada

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-1-3 13:07

No way. All this time I was sad and didn't want to use my drone that often anymore because I thought my camera was broken or something. I didn't understand what was going on because it didn't affected the final footage. I was going to contact DJI today but decided to look what I could find on the internet about this, lmao. The thing is, when I first got this black and white stripes, I've used my drone on a very sunny day and I ended up getting a "camera over heated" warning. I couldn't see any footage preview. And later that day I started getting those black and white stripes. That's why I thought my camera was broken. My camera eventually cooled down but the stripes stayed. Thank you for this reply. Now it's "fixed" and I can start using my drone as often as before.
2023-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules