How Humid can I fly my P3S in?
1162 8 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Simple question: What is the max humidty level you can fly in with a P3S, and what should I be more worried about humdity build up in; the circuits/electronics or battery???
2017-1-3
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Anything short of rain or steam.
2017-1-3
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

just use common sense, if its humid, its probably fine, just don't fly in mist or fog. if when your drone comes back, its moist or has condensation on the lense, then you know it might be a bit too humid, and just don't fly in those conditions again. the props should probably prevent too much moisture build up, and ive seen stories where people have dunked their phantom and still had it work, so i doubt a little condensation would be that bad, but id avoid it.
i had my phantom get caught in light rain, and other than some moisture on the front, the top was dry, and the camera and everything still worked just fine after that.
In summary, humidity is probably fine, avoid rain and heavy fog, if after your flight you see condensation build up, you'll be fine, but you'll know that maybe it was too humid, and i wouldn't fly in weather like that in the future, but its up to you, you'd probably be fine.
2017-1-3
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

I have flown in very humid to freezing as !@#$% and have had no issues.
Just do not fly in rain or heavy wind
2017-1-3
Use props
Sparky Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for great answers!
2017-1-4
Use props
Maurice Marques
lvl.1

United States

Heavy winds are really dangerous, even at low altitudes. I almost crashed because I needed a picture of my chimney, it was very windy and I thought it would be fine, almost crashed in my neighbor roof, I was lucky the drone had a great response and I didn't mess up the controls under pressure
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

For safety reason fly in sunny sky
2017-1-4
Use props
akshayv
lvl.1

India

Orthofeet’s were recommended to me by a family member. I was happy to find a wide selection of shoe choices and colors. I eventually settled on a walking shoe. I was expecting a "break-in" period but I was happy that, after about an hour, the shoes felt good on my feet. When I wear these walking shoes, I experience no heal pain whatsoever. I can highly recommend these shoes to anyone that suffers with plantar fasciitis!
2018-8-7
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

akshayv Posted at 2018-8-7 01:04
Orthofeet’s were recommended to me by a family member. I was happy to find a wide selection of shoe choices and colors. I eventually settled on a walking shoe. I was expecting a "break-in" period but I was happy that, after about an hour, the shoes felt good on my feet. When I wear these walking shoes, I experience no heal pain whatsoever. I can highly recommend these shoes to anyone that suffers with plantar fasciitis!

Ummmm ok wtf
2018-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules