Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 review videos! Vote if you are buying one or not
1888 24 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Watch some various Youtube videos showing the new Inspire 2  Then rate your possible intentions regarding the future purchase ....  or keeping the Inspire 1.
Please be sure to vote below

Feel free to add to this list and keep the thread alive with new videos

Rich

Single SelectVote, Total 27 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

29.63% (8)
44.44% (12)
0.00% (0)
7.41% (2)
7.41% (2)
7.41% (2)
3.70% (1)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-1-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Speed video

differences between Inspire 1 Pro and Inspire 2
2017-1-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Have you taken the survey yet? Please vote, look underneath the video links
2017-1-12
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Rich,

Thanks for sharing.

MTC
2017-1-12
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

With multiple reports of range issues, stuck/loose/vibrating props and failure to transform to landing mode at the end of a flight, I'd say that there are still a number of bugs to be worked out on the I2.
I will be a good ship in 6 or so months, once DJI has sorted everything out.

Would I buy one now?
Nope.  
2017-1-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-1-12 18:34
Rich,

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Mike,

I was hoping to get more participation from the group. Thanks for taking the time to vote and please add to the videos if you see something worthy

All the best
Rich
2017-1-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-1-12 19:26
With multiple reports of range issues, stuck/loose/vibrating props and failure to transform to landing mode at the end of a flight, I'd say that there are still a number of bugs to be worked out on the I2.
I will be a good ship in 6 or so months, once DJI has sorted everything out.

Hi Farnk
I was somewhat surprised with the prop issue but as you know some bugs are expected in the beginning. I have heard some good things from some of the new owners too... so keep in mind that we will only see the bad stuff surface at first.
Thanks for your vote and comments, they are always welcome.  If you see a good video, please add it to the thread.

I am waiting for the needed $$ before getting the new I2, but I will get one  
All the best
Rich
2017-1-12
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-12 20:23
Hi Farnk
I was somewhat surprised with the prop issue but as you know some bugs are expected in the beginning. I have heard some good things from some of the new owners too... so keep in mind that we will only see the bad stuff surface at first.
Thanks for your vote and comments, they are always welcome.  If you see a good video, please add it to the thread.

So will I, but not for a while.

When the time's right and it's teething issues are sorted I'll pick one up - but I'll be keeping the Inspire 1.
2017-1-13
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'll probably wait for the Inspire 2v2, too many issues at the moment. My Inspire 1 is still a viable solution so why not make the most out of it?
2017-1-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Robin UAV Posted at 2017-1-13 05:35
I'll probably wait for the Inspire 2v2, too many issues at the moment. My Inspire 1 is still a viable solution so why not make the most out of it?

Thanks for voting and it sure seems to have some issues at the moment.  DJI will get it figured out and the customers will be taken care of...

Rich
2017-1-14
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

My vote would be #5 which isn't there.
  • 5.  I will get an I2 with the X5S in the future (After beta testing is complete and refinements done) and I will keep my I1 Pro.

2017-1-14
Use props
fans413ab842
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61860 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did take the survery however thougt I would also add that I purchased to original Inspire 1 direct from DJI when it first came out and have and still do enjoy it immensely.  I recently purchased the Inspire 2 with both X4S and X5S cameras. My Inspire 2 is scheduled to arrive on the 17th with both cameras...  However, The Slave Remote controller, spare batteries, 480GB cineSD, cineSD station and spare props are all still on backorder with no forecasted ship date. I plan to keep my I1.
2017-1-14
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-1-14 17:55
My vote would be #5 which isn't there.
  • 5.  I will get an I2 with the X5S in the future (After beta testing is complete and refinements done) and I will keep my I1 Pro.

• Okay, I added some more choices for you to pick  

Rich
    2017-1-14
    Use props
    RichJ53
    Second Officer
    • >>>
    United States

fans413ab842 Posted at 2017-1-14 19:39
    I did take the survery however thougt I would also add that I purchased to original Inspire 1 direct from DJI when it first came out and have and still do enjoy it immensely.  I recently purchased the Inspire 2 with both X4S and X5S cameras. My Inspire 2 is scheduled to arrive on the 17th with both cameras...  However, The Slave Remote controller, spare batteries, 480GB cineSD, cineSD station and spare props are all still on backorder with no forecasted ship date. I plan to keep my I1.

Wow that's awesome you are really stepping up the game. I added your choice to be counted. Go ahead and vote  

Rich
    2017-1-14
    Use props
    Aeromirage
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 1778045 ft
    • >>>
    United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-14 20:45
    Okay, I added some more choices for you to pick  

Rich

Ok. Now I have voted. Thanks!
    2017-1-15
    Use props
    Dobmatt
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 1831050 ft
    • >>>
    Canada

This addiction is so strong ... I was contemplating P4P for a while, but my ego doesn't allow for cheap and easy solutions ... So Inspire 2 and lenseless X5s camera is on my wish list, but not now ... I hate all this adrenaline rush involved, gonna wait until the dust settle down and most of the FW wrinkles will be ironed down ... perhaps ... Still there's absolutely nothing wrong with my I1P and I'm going to keep her in my harem ...
    2017-1-23
    Use props
    RichJ53
    Second Officer
    • >>>
    United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-1-23 15:13
    This addiction is so strong ... I was contemplating P4P for a while, but my ego doesn't allow for cheap and easy solutions ... So Inspire 2 and lensless X5s camera is on my wish list, but not now ... I hate all this adrenaline rush involved, gonna wait until the dust settle down and most of the wrinkles will be ironed down

Hi Dobmatt
    I am in the same boat, I want one pretty badly but, I am saving my pennies. If I didn't have so many other drones and 2 Inspire 1's I would have purchased one already

Rich
    2017-1-23
    Use props
    Dobmatt
    Second Officer
    Flight distance : 1831050 ft
    • >>>
    Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-23 15:24
    Hi Dobmatt
    I am in the same boat, I want one pretty badly but, I am saving my pennies. If I didn't have so many other drones and 2 Inspire 1's I would have purchased one already

Rich, since you're there, pls see my post in Discussion sector:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D217%26typeid%3D217
    2017-1-23
    Use props
    Coigreach
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 546014 ft
    Australia

number 8... send the Inspire 2 back and get a refund and keep flying the Inspire 1
    2017-1-24
    Use props
    Coigreach
    lvl.4
    Australia

number 8... send the Inspire 2 back and get a refund and keep flying the Inspire 1
    2017-1-24
    Use props
    RichJ53
    Second Officer
    • >>>
    United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-1-24 07:40

Wow, that's one I would have never thought about!  May I ask you what happened.

I added it to the list, so you can vote

Rich
    2017-1-24
    Use props
    Coigreach
    lvl.4
    Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-24 07:52
    Wow, that's one I would have never thought about!  May I ask you what happened.

I added it to the list, so you can vote

I ordered the Inspire 2 in December 2016 and was delighted when I got an email saying that the first package had been shipped.  I then got a second email saying the second package was on its way. I was then glued to the computer watching the DHL package going from China to Hong Kong to Perth.  The excitement started changing to frustration when both packages were held up by Australian Customs because DJI supplied the wrong information on the invoice.  I spent hours and hours becoming even more frustrated on online chat trying to get DJI to separate the invoices.  I then sent the email and separate invoices (along with Proof of payment, order number, credit card statement showing payment) to DHL to forward to customs.  I had been under the impression that DJI would have sorted out all this prior to sending the goods!  This whole process took over a week until finally Customs released the Inspire 2 and X5S!
    DHL then told me on the phone that it was too late for shipment to go out on the Friday and it would be delivered on the Monday.  However, I didn’t want to wait that long as I had plans to do test flights at the weekend in preparation for my planned holiday (which I later had to cancel due to this disastrous situation).  So, I drove over 100km to pick it up.  When I got home, I charged the batteries up, read the manuals and headed to my local park to do some flight checks.
    When I got to the park, I found that THE PROPS DID NOT FIT!!!!  No, they weren’t a bit too tight or a bit too loose, they just didn’t fit at all!  I spent hours and hours on online chat, emails to support and support.nl and calls to the UK from Australia desperately trying to get some help and some answers.  I measured the props and the mounts with a vernier gauge – the prop hole was around 10mm and the mounts were around 15mm.  So, as you can see, it was impossible to fit the props as they were simply the wrong ones!  After many days, I found out that these were probably a beta testing props and shouldn’t have been sent out with the I2.  
    It has been SO difficult to get help from anyone at DJI.  I have had to repeat my story over and over again and convince them that –yes, I do know how to put on props and lock the motors and yes, I do know to unlock the motor mount before installing the props for the first time.  I just became more and more frustrated as I felt that I wasn’t being listened to or being understood (maybe due to language barrier).
    When it appeared that I was being listened to, I was told that I would need to send back the props so they could be inspected BEFORE I could receive new props!  Really?  I’ve spent more than $15000 on the I2 and they are going to withhold $30 worth of props because they don’t believe me?! As a good customer (I’ve already spent $20000 on 2 Inspire 1 V2s), I really don’t expect to be treated like a liar or an idiot! I am appalled by the very poor customer service I have received.
    Finally, I managed to get hold of DJI Melbourne and after a few more explanations to several different staff (I also sent another photo of my incorrect props and they sent me a photo of the correct props), they finally agreed to send me the correct props first.  To my horror, after all this, they sent them via road train (TNT Express).  From Melbourne to Perth, that’s about 3,500kms and another week’s delay!!  
    So Rich, first of all I apologise for such a long message!  I’m sure you can understand how frustrated, angry and disappointed I feel.  I should have been flying on Thursday 5th January and yet, three weeks later (holiday missed), I have an expensive Inspire 2 that is unable to fly and which is now holding down my invoices and paper work- yes, it’s a $15,000 paperweight!!
    WIN_20170119_13_55_46_Pro.jpg
    20170113_170638.jpg
    20170113_170610.jpg
    20170113_170422.jpg
    2017-1-24
    Use props
    RichJ53
    Second Officer
    • >>>
    United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-1-24 09:26
    I ordered the Inspire 2 in December 2016 and was delighted when I got an email saying that the first package had been shipped.  I then got a second email saying the second package was on its way. I was then glued to the computer watching the DHL package going from China to Hong Kong to Perth.  The excitement started changing to frustration when both packages were held up by Australian Customs because DJI supplied the wrong information on the invoice.  I spent hours and hours becoming even more frustrated on online chat trying to get DJI to separate the invoices.  I then sent the email and separate invoices (along with Proof of payment, order number, credit card statement showing payment) to DHL to forward to customs.  I had been under the impression that DJI would have sorted out all this prior to sending the goods!  This whole process took over a week until finally Customs released the Inspire 2 and X5S!
    DHL then told me on the phone that it was too late for shipment to go out on the Friday and it would be delivered on the Monday.  However, I didn’t want to wait that long as I had plans to do test flights at the weekend in preparation for my planned holiday (which I later had to cancel due to this disastrous situation).  So, I drove over 100km to pick it up.  When I got home, I charged the batteries up, read the manuals and headed to my local park to do some flight checks.
    When I got to the park, I found that THE PROPS DID NOT FIT!!!!  No, they weren’t a bit too tight or a bit too loose, they just didn’t fit at all!  I spent hours and hours on online chat, emails to support and support.nl and calls to the UK from Australia desperately trying to get some help and some answers.  I measured the props and the mounts with a vernier gauge – the prop hole was around 10mm and the mounts were around 15mm.  So, as you can see, it was impossible to fit the props as they were simply the wrong ones!  After many days, I found out that these were probably a beta testing props and shouldn’t have been sent out with the I2.  

Hi Coigreach,

Thank you for sharing your story... Oh my gosh that was very depressing to hear! I remember seeing your posts now that you mention it. You have certainly had a rough time with your new purchase. I hope that DJI Joe see's your post and puts a good word for you.
    I hope that your wait is nearly over and that everything work just awesome for you. Please post a video or something to let us know that you finally get your new Inspire 2 going!

All the best, I think you definitely need to put some more.... shrimp on the Barbie  
    Rich
    2017-1-24
    Use props
    RichJ53
    Second Officer
    • >>>
    United States

Read this thread and see the Steel City video on post #12

http://forum.dji.com/thread-83909-1-1.html

Rich
    2017-2-8
    Use props
    JonCahillPhoto
    lvl.2
    Flight distance : 15256 ft
    United States

I'd love to have an I2, but honestly don't think I would fully use the capability of it compared to our I1v2. If I was to start making professional movies and the like, I would defiantly take a gander at the I2.
    2017-3-2
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules