Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Car charger
612 11 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marksy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42792 ft
Australia

Hey,

Can the car charger be used with the multiple hub charger?

I know the multi hub charger, only charge's one battery at a time, but the manual doesnt list it being able to.

I know its not hard to take a battery off and put a new one on, but was thinking for a long drive, if they all just sat there.

Cheers

Marksy.

2017-1-3
Use props
RoadmasterD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 188527 ft
United States

I have one and I used it the other day.  All of my batteries were charged so I can't swear that it actually did anything.  I do know that it can plug into the charging bank.  I'll try it again with a low battery and respond back later.
2017-1-3
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes i have the car charger with the newer p4 batts and two hubs. it works fine. i have a battery jump box with a cig port so i am able to use the car charger indoors or out in the field.
2017-1-3
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

marctronixx Posted at 2017-1-3 22:07
yes i have the car charger with the newer p4 batts and two hubs. it works fine. i have a battery jump box with a cig port so i am able to use the car charger indoors or out in the field.

I find that the car charger doesn't charge without the engine running, so how do you get it to charge when the battery isn't even in the car?
2017-1-4
Use props
Irishbogman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64318 ft
Ireland

The car charger works really well on the 4 Pro battery, takes about an hour to fully charge, didn't expect it to be as good, it gets hot and no wonder, 9a at 17.4v, don't have the multiple hub charge so just giving my opinion on the charger in case people are interested.
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

do you means the things that can charge 4 battery?
2017-1-4
Use props
marksy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42792 ft
Australia

It's on my to get list soon,

Cheers for your replies.

2017-1-6
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-1-4 06:47
I find that the car charger doesn't charge without the engine running, so how do you get it to charge when the battery isn't even in the car?

You didnt pay full attention to my post sir/ma'am.

I have a battery box that i use the car charger with.

And yes if your cigar ports are shut off when the car is off then yes it won't charge. Some cars have a active cigar port .
2017-1-6
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

marctronixx Posted at 2017-1-6 07:13
You didnt pay full attention to my post sir/ma'am.

I have a battery box that i use the car charger with.

I did pay attention, but maybe I didn't explain the issue well enough, I assumed you would know the issue...

When the engine stops, the voltage drops down from alternator voltage (13.8V) to battery voltage (12.5V), and with an 90W (7A) load from the charger the battery voltage drops further, below the 12.3V at which the charger stops charging to prevent a flat battery, therefore the engine must be running in order for the DJI charger to charge.

I'm not sure what your "battery box" is?  Does it have a voltage step up device to maintain a good voltage?  Seems unlikely given the 90W load, maybe you can use 2 batteries in series for 24V?

So the question is, how do you maintain a high enough voltage for the car charger to charge when you don't have an alternator running?
2017-1-6
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

yes we are from across different ponds so that explains the mis communication.

first off i DO NOT use the car to charge these at all. the experience you are seeing is EXPECTED. nothing you can do about that unless you use it with the car on/ alternator/generator charging the battery.

a battery box or "jump box" is a box you use to jump start a car.
this is what i use with other products when out in the sticks...

Jump Box
2017-1-7
Use props
Ipecactus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

I bought a car charger and a multiple hub charger to use in my truck camper. I have yet to use them, hopefully all will go well. I'm guessing it won't be a problem since they are 24V deep cycle batteries. My maiden voyage with my new P4P in the desert starts in a week. All these issues I keep reading about make me nervous but wide open spaces with plenty of visibility should be perfect for a novice like me, as long as I don't have high winds to deal with.

2017-1-7
Use props
fans1113b0a9
lvl.1
United States

If you try to plug the car adapter into the lighter port it will blow a fuse in your car.
2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules