Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video storage
964 3 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans209fb605
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209262 ft
United States

With the P4 does the video store itself on the micro sd card in the bird or to the monitor... my main question is in buying an IPad to use as a monitor do the specs of the IPad matter at all or am I just using the screen. Does the IPad need to be wifi ready or cell service ready, what size storage space would be recommended. Thanks much in advance. I cant believe how easy this drone is to fly, for my first drone this is awesome !!!
2017-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

On the microSD card.
There is no need for cellular connectivity or wifi to fly the Phantom
2017-1-3
Use props
IOHIM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209262 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-3 21:41
On the microSD card.
There is no need for cellular connectivity or wifi to fly the Phantom

Thank you for taking the time to read/answer my question, I really appreciate it...
2017-1-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Although you do not need wifi to fly, you do of course need it in the device for doing updates and cache maps (if you wish).

The video is stored on SD card as already mentioned. But you can also 'cache' (save) the 720P 'live view' video stream onto your device, once again, your choice. You can also decide how much memory to allocate for this.
The cached live view can be useful for a flight preview when finished to give you some idea of what you have ( and haven't) captured during your flight.
There is also an option to download lower resolution (Not 4k, UHD, 2.7k nor .DNG photos) video and photos over Lightbridge to your device.
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules