12Next >
5523 51 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125210 ft
United States

I order the Mavic through Apple on Dec 26 and nothing so far. So to sort kill all the buzz going around about Apple full filling orders asap. It's not happening!!  mine still says to be delivered between Feb 27 - Mar 10.
2017-1-3
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it will delivered soon
2017-1-4
Use props
Col-Drone
lvl.2

United States

During a chat with the folks at Apple, I asked if the dates posted on the "status order" page are realistic.  I was emphatically told they were.  Was told they are shipping them out on a regular basis, yet I have not heard of many folks in this forum confirming it.  Maybe not many folks, in this forum, placed their orders with Apple.
2017-1-13
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
United States

Col-Drone Posted at 2017-1-13 09:44
During a chat with the folks at Apple, I asked if the dates posted on the "status order" page are realistic.  I was emphatically told they were.  Was told they are shipping them out on a regular basis, yet I have not heard of many folks in this forum confirming it.  Maybe not many folks, in this forum, placed their orders with Apple.

That's a shame! Because I order through Apple because my friend works for them, so I got the friends/family discount. I think still worth the wait.
2017-1-13
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Apple in the UK are now quoting "despatched in 3 - 4 months"
2017-1-13
Use props
Col-Drone
lvl.2

United States

Airobotix Posted at 2017-1-13 09:58
Apple in the UK are now quoting "despatched in 3 - 4 months"

Just checked here in the USA.  For an order placed today, Apple is quoting an end of March delivery.  That is a longer lead time than when I ordered at the beginning of December.
2017-1-13
Use props
JCB522
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47671 ft
Canada

I ordered through apple canada in December and got a ready to ship email 3 weeks later but had to enter in my credit card info again. Checked my credit card and there was a pending purchase from apple tieing up my funds and apple tried to charge my card again saying insufficient funds which is why I received that email.  Nothing ever came of it though because I'm still waiting. Weird though because apple still has a pending purchase on my card when I check it but then my funds will be released and then a new pending purchase will appear a couple days later. Happened 3 times now, is that normal? Thought they only charged when ready to ship.
2017-1-13
Use props
Dray3573
lvl.1

United States

EPP order through Apple dec 14th and still waiting. It shows mid feb delivery but I'm hoping it may come early. Not confident it will though.
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

I placed in order on apple in mid december and my order status still hasnt changed i actually did the same thing as you to try and find out about apples shipping and others since it seems those orders are being ignored.  heres that thread if you care to take a look and see what some other 3rd party orders are lookin like.
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

JCB522 Posted at 2017-1-13 17:05
I ordered through apple canada in December and got a ready to ship email 3 weeks later but had to enter in my credit card info again. Checked my credit card and there was a pending purchase from apple tieing up my funds and apple tried to charge my card again saying insufficient funds which is why I received that email.  Nothing ever came of it though because I'm still waiting. Weird though because apple still has a pending purchase on my card when I check it but then my funds will be released and then a new pending purchase will appear a couple days later. Happened 3 times now, is that normal? Thought they only charged when ready to ship.

hmm maybe apple does it different? i wonder if apple canada and US will get shipments at the same time.
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Dray3573 Posted at 2017-1-13 17:52
EPP order through Apple dec 14th and still waiting. It shows mid feb delivery but I'm hoping it may come early. Not confident it will though.

I also have an epp order in mid december through apple, feb 14 to march 2 is what its said and all i see is "order processing".  I hope they send them out closer to that mid feb mark or sooner..
2017-1-13
Use props
Col-Drone
lvl.2

United States

JCB522 Posted at 2017-1-13 17:05

In my case they were charging my card about every week, and then reverse the charges a couple of days later.  Kind of a tease.  When I asked, I was told Apple does it to confirm the card is valid and it has sufficient funds.
2017-1-13
Use props
Col-Drone
lvl.2

United States

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-13 18:31
I placed in order on apple in mid december and my order status still hasnt changed  i actually did the same thing as you to try and find out about apples shipping and others since it seems those orders are being ignored.  heres that thread if you care to take a look and see what some other 3rd party orders are lookin like.

Thanks for the information.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the process dji uses to set up delivery priorities.  I decided to stick with Apple, thinking they have more influence due to their world wide distribution.  But who knows, your guess is as good an mine.   
2017-1-13
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

Thank you , keep us posted for Apple Store
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

icerecou Posted at 2017-1-13 21:25
Thank you , keep us posted for Apple Store

Since I couldn't get any solid info from anyone from DJI via email I decided to make a twitter account and see what I could find out.  Looks like they will be shipping to apple soon!
Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 11.38.34 PM.png
2017-1-13
Use props
bigcheese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 403304 ft
Germany

i orderd 2nd batt from apple and it told me shipping in march (some weeks back)... ladt week i realized that batt is shipping in 2 days said the apple store badge... so i ordered a further one which was shiped the next day... then i canceled the old order
2017-1-14
Use props
Andyg01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256624 ft
United Kingdom

For UK people, my order was placed late Nov and arrived very early Jan 2017. I had marked my order for pickup from a local store ... but it was delivered directly to me(via DPD).

HTH
2017-1-14
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andyg01 Posted at 2017-1-14 06:48
For UK people, my order was placed late Nov and arrived very early Jan 2017. I had marked my order for pickup from a local store ... but it was delivered directly to me(via DPD).

HTH

I had an order for Mavic through DJI.com waiting to be shipped and it was not happening!  I logged onto Best Buy this past Thursday night and they had Mavic's available to ship only.  I punched the bottom and it is arriving by FEDX on Monday.  I went back to the site and it now states that Mavics are sold out.  I live in the US.  Of course I canceled the DJI order.  

WIth all of the issues I keep reading about concerning Mavic's flight and video I am not so sure that the Mavic is ready so I was never comfortable ordering through DJI anyway because of their stringent return policy.  At least with Best Buy because I am an elite customer I have 30 days and can just take it back to the store but with DJI.com-not so easy.  
2017-1-14
Use props
JCB522
lvl.2
Canada

Col-Drone Posted at 2017-1-13 18:53
In my case they were charging my card about every week, and then reverse the charges a couple of days later.  Kind of a tease.  When I asked, I was told Apple does it to confirm the card is valid and it has sufficient funds.

Pretty much same thing happening with me but when i got thay email from apple i called my them and they said they only hold 1$ from credit cards. I called my credit card and they said there was a pending purchase from apple holding up my funds and apple says theu dont do that. Just patiently waiting for my drone
2017-1-15
Use props
Andyg01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256624 ft
United Kingdom

Next time try Paypal and use your credit card ... I saw NOTHING on my CC, only a pending authorisation on my Paypal account.

Again, for buying from DJI, I use PAypal with the funding from my CC - seems to work a treat.

HTH
2017-1-15
Use props
Dray3573
lvl.1

United States

Just noticed Apple charged my card the purchase price of the Drone and thats the first charge/hold since the mid december order so Im hopeful that the order status will soon change.
2017-1-15
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

I ordered through EPP 12/15/16, it hit my CC full charge and approved (not just a trial or pending charge) a few days ago.  Should be shipping soon I would think.  saved about 275$.  ;-)
2017-1-16
Use props
Blank
lvl.1
United States

Anyone get theirs recently from Apple who ordered in 2017?
2017-1-19
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Blank Posted at 2017-1-19 18:33
Anyone get theirs recently from Apple who ordered in 2017?

I ordered mine through Amazon on Jan 11 and it shipped yesterday. When I click on package tracking it says it will arrive on Tuesday.  
2017-1-19
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

My drone-only order with apple was placed in November and I received it the first week of December... a full 6 weeks before it was scheduled. They must be low on stock again.
2017-1-19
Use props
JCB522
lvl.2
Canada

Ordered Dec 10, Apple canada emailed me today saying it was shippef
2017-1-20
Use props
GravitonPhotogr
lvl.2
United States

tivoboy Posted at 2017-1-16 14:37
I ordered through EPP 12/15/16, it hit my CC full charge and approved (not just a trial or pending charge) a few days ago.  Should be shipping soon I would think.  saved about 275$.  ;-)

It looks like they are slowly getting there and also sticking to the 6-8 weeks as they promised. I hope they can expedite their shipments a bit faster. Best Buy, Amazon customers are already receiving withing 1-2 weeks.
2017-1-23
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

I ordered moine form the DJI site and it says "3-5 days from payment received"  Its been two weeks...still waiting for the status bar to change to 'shipped"  DJI lied again.
2017-1-23
Use props
Col-Drone
lvl.2

United States

Ordered mine on Dec6th and was scheduled to arrive at the store on Feb 2.  I received an email from the Apple last Friday saying the drone was waiting for me.  I get the additional battery I ordered tomorrow.
2017-1-23
Use props
lex_ville
lvl.1

Japan

the dates on their site are correct; got mine from them too. unless DJI ramps up their production then all other vendors will improve on their shipping dates as well.
2017-1-23
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

Apple will continue to validate the cc several times a month (or more sometimes) and it doesn't mean its shipping yet.  It's annoying when waiting for an item like this
2017-1-24
Use props
Dray3573
lvl.1

United States

I unknowingly got placed on a waiting list at a local camera shop here in town and got a call today telling me it's ready for pickup.

I'd cancel the Apple order if I hadn't got such a good discount and I doubt this shop would match the price so that's a bummer.

2017-1-24
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-1-19 20:09
My drone-only order with apple was placed in November and I received it the first week of December... a full 6 weeks before it was scheduled. They must be low on stock again.

where in the US are you, and was it an employee order? thanks!
2017-1-26
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Col-Drone Posted at 2017-1-23 14:18
Ordered mine on Dec6th and was scheduled to arrive at the store on Feb 2.  I received an email from the Apple last Friday saying the drone was waiting for me.  I get the additional battery I ordered tomorrow.

Dang thats nice! where are you in the US?
2017-1-26
Use props
fran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74052 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

tivoboy Posted at 2017-1-24 17:52
Apple will continue to validate the cc several times a month (or more sometimes) and it doesn't mean its shipping yet.  It's annoying when waiting for an item like this

I order mine through Apple on the 29th  November with a delivery date of 18th January to 31st January.
It was delivered on the 19th January. The big plus factor is Apple  do not take payment until the item is delivered. Had i ordered through DJI payment would have been taken straight away,
2017-1-27
Use props
Col-Drone
lvl.2

United States

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-26 20:06
Dang thats nice! where are you in the US?

Yes.  Not too far from you.
2017-1-27
Use props
Dray3573
lvl.1

United States

12-14 order and still waiting.....
2017-1-27
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

utahskier Posted at 2017-1-26 20:03
where in the US are you, and was it an employee order? thanks!

I'm on the east coast.  I placed the order on the phone with an Apple rep (I could see the order online in my account).  It was the same as if I had gone online and ordered it.  I just happened to be talking to the rep about options and whether they had any in-store.  She recommended I order it and she placed the order for me under my account.
2017-1-27
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

Just checked order status on my apple order (12/17/17) and the extra battery is finally preparing for shipment, but mavic is still stuck "processing".  Hopefully that means apple is finally getting some stock here in the U.S.?!
2017-1-31
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE:  Got an email from fedex and went back and checked my apple order status, mavic is officially shipped!! Battery is still showing preparing for shipment though, but i'm okay with that. Shipping from Tennessee, should be here on Thursday.
2017-1-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules