Gimbal Modifications by DJI?
638 3 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shockwave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27274 ft
United Kingdom

Can someone from DJI please confirm that modifications have been made to new production units to the gimbal on the P4P to fix the ribbon cable issues that a lot of people are suffering with? I was told this by your support guys. I've arranged to have mine replaced by my retailer in the UK, and want to make sure that this is indeed the case.
Below is a copy of the conversation I had with support about it.

Earth
You can do contact the retailers for this issue, and if it needs to have it replaced on our end. They will be the one to contact us for you. No worries about it and again. I do apologize for this inconvenience.

·        10:23

·        

Are the one's they have in stock likely to have the same issue though? I presume DJI know about this issue? Is it worth me asking for a replacment if it will happen to that one as well?

·        10:26

·        

Earth

Yes, you can contact us with that issue as well. We are aware of that issue.

·        10:27

·        

So you are aware of the issue, and are you telling me that if the retailer were to replace mine with one in their stock it will have the same issue?

·        10:28

·        

I want a replacement, but will it have the same issue?

·        

Earth

It will not. I assure you.

·        10:31

·        

How can you be sure?

·        

Earth

due to new bacthes has been sent out.

·        10:33

·        

how do I know if the one o will receive from my retailer is one of the new batches? You don't know who I bought it from? Are they able to tell which is a new batch?

·        

Earth

They will be the one to ask a new one for you from us.

·        10:35

·        

2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Shockwave, sorry to hear about you're experiencing difficulties, we'll help you escalate it.
If the problem is caused by misplacing the ribbon cable, we'd like to provide you replacement.
Very sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2017-1-4
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have already requested a replacement via my UK retailer, but my question is...... "has DJI made changes to the gimbal in new batches of the P4P's coming off the production line"? as I was told in the conversation I had yesterday, because if there haven't been any changes made, then I will seek a refund and not a replacement. I only ask, as DJI have made no statement to this effect to give piece of mind to all those customers experiencing problems
2017-1-4
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I guess the answer is no. I'll request a refund from them instead as I don't want to experience the pain others have.

Cheers
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules