Fly more in at Maplins
1201 22 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philjory
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have just got off the Phone to Maplins 9.50am and have been told that they will be receiving 419 Flymore combo's today and i am number 115 in the queue
2017-1-4
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

I ordered my Mavic (without combo) from them last night. Will be interesting to see if it comes in as expected this Friday.
2017-1-4
Use props
Mitel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50092 ft
United Kingdom

Cool, I ordered same time yesterday and was told I am #95!
2017-1-4
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I guess this time next week we're all going to be sat waiting for the delivery driver to turn up......fingers crossed!
2017-1-4
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

I just got off the phone to them at 10:20 and they said they're due Friday. They also said they only had 103 on back order.
2017-1-4
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I ordered from Maplin on 19th December for expected shipment on 24th. I called them on 28th and they said the 24th shipment didn't come in. I hope you guys are right and they are getting some in this week as I'm one of those on the back orders!
2017-1-4
Use props
philjory
lvl.3
United Kingdom

pjnorris Posted at 2017-1-4 02:37
I ordered from Maplin on 19th December for expected shipment on 24th. I called them on 28th and they said the 24th shipment didn't come in. I hope you guys are right and they are getting some in this week as I'm one of those on the back orders!

We both got conned by Amazon but I just hope this supplier is genuine
2017-1-4
Use props
philjory
lvl.3
United Kingdom

philjory Posted at 2017-1-4 03:01
We both got conned by Amazon but I just hope this supplier is genuine

But maybe not as I have just received email from them "out of stock" Grrrrrrrrrrrr
2017-1-4
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

just got off the phone from maplin as well they said stock due on the 7th of Jan and they have over 100 mavics coming in stock and more fly more combos as well hopefully fingers crossed i will receive my drone next week along with you guys
2017-1-4
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just had an eMail saying that the Mavic batterys are now back in stock. In other news, my FlyMore was supposedly delivered today, although knowing Hermes they just left it behind a bush or something!
2017-1-4
Use props
Orrus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213783 ft
United Kingdom

Just called Maplin and was told they have no idea when stock might arrive. Am I talking to the wrong person?
2017-1-4
Use props
rsni2002.email
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just rang them and they told me they expected fly more combo today but didn't arrive so hopefully tomorrow so i joined the list at 106 for one.
2017-1-4
Use props
oiltec
lvl.1

United Kingdom

were you after fly more or just pro?
2017-1-4
Use props
oiltec
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Apparently  there expecting over 400 fly more so thats why i went on the list
2017-1-4
Use props
oiltec
lvl.1

United Kingdom

sorry meant to say it was the fly more i was after and went on the list for
2017-1-4
Use props
Orrus
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I obviously talked to the wrong person. What number did you guys ring?
2017-1-4
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Orrus Posted at 2017-1-4 09:50
I obviously talked to the wrong person. What number did you guys ring?

You need to call their customer services number which is 0333 400 9500 and quote the item number N87EM (Mavic only). If you ask just for Mavic without item number, chances are they will reply in the negative.
2017-1-4
Use props
oiltec
lvl.1

United Kingdom

sorry was away there, yes as airobotix says, thats the number you need to ring
2017-1-4
Use props
oiltec
lvl.1

United Kingdom

flymore combo item number N88EM
2017-1-4
Use props
Orrus
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Called them again and they said 16th of January ???

Thanks for the info though.
2017-1-4
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

oiltec Posted at 2017-1-4 10:07
flymore combo item number N88EM

Okay, so for a couple of times in last few weeks, I have spoken to 'David' on the 'Query my order' on Maplin's helpline. He said "we are suppose to be getting some this week, but I've been here long enough not to give dates or numbers to customers". This is the THIRD date that DJI have given Maplin and has the potential to slip again.

I asked him where I am in the queue, and for some odd reason (his words) he wasn't able to confirm. He said it may be there is stock coming in and the page he needs to access is locked out. He said he could see 102 on order, but by the looks of things, that doesn't add up looking at the posts on this forum.

I think there are mixed messages from Maplin. They honestly don't know what the situation is. If you are hearing different from other reps, I'm confident that they are purely speculating and keeping customer hopes up as Customer Services tend to do from time to time. David stated they are expecting a delivery this week, but is not able to share any more information as he or others don't have access to that information.

Having a nice civilised conversation with him on 28th December and today, I have no reason to doubt him.

As another member stated (PhilJ) - we were screwed over by Amazon, we were one of those customers who received a Phantom 3 Standard instead of the Mavic Combo.

Waiting for 3 months, I've resigned to the fact, it will come when it comes. I really wanted it over Xmas period when the skies were perfect in southern England to fly, but that's passed now, so happy to wait.

Paul
2017-1-4
Use props
oiltec
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well said pjnorris , guess we'll have to wait and see what happens mate
2017-1-4
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United States

UKMail are delivering my drone tomorrow (Weds 11th). I'm in the US until the weekend though :-(

DJI.COM also processesed my payment last weekend, but no shipping update. Might have two coming which is fine as my friend has been waiting for ages too!
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules