which tablet
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans13fc9130
New

United Kingdom

hi, when buying a tablet for p3 pro does it have to have to be a cellular one ?
2017-1-4
Use props
iMeMoz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298720 ft
Finland

Hi, i am using ipad mini 2. I dont know, but i have heard that apple devices works best on dji go :p. And if you want to use "follow-me" mode, then you need to buy one with gps on it(usually only cellular ones have it)
2017-1-4
Use props
fans13fc9130
New

United Kingdom

iMeMoz Posted at 2017-1-4 04:09
Hi, i am using ipad mini 2. I dont know, but i have heard that apple devices works best on dji go :p. And if you want to use "follow-me" mode, then you need to buy one with gps on it(usually only cellular ones have it)

cheers, thats helped
2017-1-4
Use props
Dicky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76391 ft
United States

iOS does seem to work the best with go app. If u get the wifi/cellular u don't have to cash maps before u fly, u can get them over cellular network when you get to the place you want to fly. Also options like follow me need GPS which means you need the cellular network for iOS..
2017-1-4
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

If you have a mobile phone and your data plan includes a Personal Hotspot facility, then you can link the iPad to your phone via direct wifi and then it would gain the gps facility through the phone - if you take your phone out with you of course!
2017-1-4
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just as an add on to my last post, I've found that if you're in a good 4G reception spot, then 4G downloads speeds can be very good in the UK; I've had over 100Mbps, faster than Super Fast Open Reach fibre.
2017-1-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tiscali Posted at 2017-1-4 07:18
If you have a mobile phone and your data plan includes a Personal Hotspot facility, then you can link the iPad to your phone via direct wifi and then it would gain the gps facility through the phone - if you take your phone out with you of course!

"and then it would gain the gps facility through the phone "

Data through hotspot yes, I don't think that GPS is directly available for App's on the display device, but I could be wrong. I've tried several times to see if GPS data is transferred without success.
2017-1-4
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

tiscali Posted at 2017-1-4 07:22
Just as an add on to my last post, I've found that if you're in a good 4G reception spot, then 4G downloads speeds can be very good in the UK; I've had over 100Mbps, faster than Super Fast Open Reach fibre.

U don't need cell for P3P, advanced pro Lightbridge no Wi-Fi
I;m using android the Nividia shield tablet is a gamer tab & awesome as a monitor for Phantoms, All android tabs are gps so your follow me modes on if using that mode.
Make sure to put tab in airplane mode so no interference & if possible, dedicate a tablet to flying only, kill all apps off it, except DJI go and/or Litchi if using 3rd party.
I fly the P3A as I didn't want to upgrade my home computer to handle the pro;s 4K, how you like the pro?
2017-1-4
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just tried taking a photo from iPad whilst linked to Personal Hotspot on iPhone and the location data was there OK. I believe the Apple Watch uses the GPS info from the iPhone when connected to it, so it all seems probable.
Needs a proper test in the field though.
2017-1-4
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

tiscali Posted at 2017-1-4 10:08
Just tried taking a photo from iPad whilst linked to Personal Hotspot on iPhone and the location data was there OK. I believe the Apple Watch uses the GPS info from the iPhone when connected to it, so it all seems probable.
Needs a proper test in the field though.

Been reading up about this.
The short answer is, 'Nobody Knows'. There are an equal number of opinions for and against the iPhone passing GPS data to a tethered iPad. What you do find out though is, the wifi-only iPad is awfully good at working out your location through its other sensors and acquired data.
2017-1-4
Use props
Tomplay
New
Flight distance : 7710 ft
United States

tiscali Posted at 2017-1-4 12:05
Been reading up about this.
The short answer is, 'Nobody Knows'. There are an equal number of opinions for and against the iPhone passing GPS data to a tethered iPad. What you do find out though is, the wifi-only iPad is awfully good at working out your location through its other sensors and acquired data.

I have a Samsung Tab 3 8" Sm-T310 that I can not get a video feed on.  I can control it and all of the readings show up.  Just no video feed.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

2017-1-4
Use props
iMeMoz
lvl.2
Finland

Tomplay Posted at 2017-1-4 13:30
I have a Samsung Tab 3 8" Sm-T310 that I can not get a video feed on.  I can control it and all of the readings show up.  Just no video feed.

Has anyone had this problem?

I have! Look my post: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid632441
2017-1-4
Use props
Dynamic1
lvl.1
United States

Excellent thread ! I was disappointed when I discovered my Ipad mini2 was wi fi only. I am going to link to my phone as described. Thanks for the Info.
2017-1-4
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Latest theory I've read is that the iPhone does NOT pass GPS data to a wifi iPad, but what does happen is, when they are tethered via the iPhone's Personal Hotspot the iPad takes its location from the iPhone's GPS location of its wifi signal (!). So just as good then.
2017-1-5
Use props
Dynamic1
lvl.1
United States

On the IPad How can you keep the aircraft connected and linked with your hot spot at the same time? I can only have one or the other connected not both at the same time. What am I doing wrong?
2017-1-6
Use props
iMeMoz
lvl.2
Finland

Dynamic1 Posted at 2017-1-6 14:08
On the IPad How can you keep the aircraft connected and linked with your hot spot at the same time? I can only have one or the other connected not both at the same time. What am I doing wrong?

If you have phantom 3 standard its not possible, because standard uses wifi to connect to your phone. You cant connect to 2 wifis at the same time. Phantom 3 advanced and professional uses lightbridge to connect aircraft.
2017-1-8
Use props
Dynamic1
lvl.1
United States

Thank you, I think I will try an add on gps module to the iPad .
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules