Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phone charging from RC
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GZP
lvl.1

Latvia

Anybody had such case? My mobile phone charging from the remote control. LG G5. RC rapidly losing power. Any idea how to avoid it? Found some comments that RC charing from phone, but not on the other side.
2017-1-4
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Hi, I guess it's normal, My Galaxy S5 is also being charged from the RC. Even then I am able to fly approx. for an hour (3 Mavic batteries).
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Android phone will be charged by the remote, iPhone won't. So I think dji will update the software soon
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The charging current is very little. Please don't worry about it. It's recommended to full charge your mobile device, RC and aircraft battery before your flight.
2017-1-4
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

If your G5 is draining the RC quite quickly, you can try using the bottom USB port of the RC instead of the side. I have the same problem with my Galaxy S7.
2017-1-4
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1163894 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-1-4 22:33
If your G5 is draining the RC quite quickly, you can try using the bottom USB port of the RC instead of the side. I have the same problem with my Galaxy S7.

second that - larger center USB port doesn't seem to supply any current
2017-1-5
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

I've also seen a slight charging effect from the RC to my Android Google Pixel. I don't think of it as a problem, since RC has a pretty big battery it might just be seen as an advantage to keep your phone running.

It would be worse the other way around which is the problem I hear some iOS users has. I imagine the RC could drain a phone battery pretty quickly...
2017-1-5
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

StigNygaard Posted at 2017-1-5 09:39
I've also seen a slight charging effect from the RC to my Android Google Pixel. I don't think of it as a problem, since RC has a pretty big battery it might just be seen as an advantage to keep your phone running.

It would be worse the other way around which is the problem I hear some iOS users has. I imagine the RC could drain a phone battery pretty quickly...

A slight charging effect sounds pretty normal, but what I experienced was my RC going from 100% down to low-batt warning after only about 1.5 flight batteries. After switching to the bottom USB port, I can now fly three batteries and still have over 40% left on my RC.
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules