1572 8 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Haven't had much time to look at it but looks fairly comprehensive.
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope they soon have a iPhone version, I usually don't bring ipad
2017-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-1-4 09:12
I hope they soon have a iPhone version, I usually don't bring ipad

It only seems to be available on iPad at the moment.
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-4 09:25
It only seems to be available on iPad at the moment.

I know it. LOL
2017-1-4
Use props
fans3d2c0c91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391040 ft
United States

Can we get the ability to have negative altitude waypoints (from launch altitude) so we can plan missions up and down hills please?

Litchi has this, but I think this app could be better if it had the same feature.
2017-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans3d2c0c91 Posted at 2017-1-4 09:46
Can we get the ability to have negative altitude waypoints (from launch altitude) so we can plan missions up and down hills please?

Litchi has this, but I think this app could be better if it had the same feature.

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet in any detail hope it does.
2017-1-4
Use props
fans3d2c0c91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391040 ft
United States

Just gave it a try.  

Navigation works well.  

Waypoint actions are possibly bugged.
I set actions at a waypoint to 1. Stop Recording  2.Capture Photo  3. Start Recording.
1. occurred  2. and 3.  did not.

There is no way to focus the camera once underway in the mission.  Perhaps an oversight.

Also on RTH after last wp, on landing the app gave no notice that precision landing was taking over or that forward sensors would not allow a landing.
I always use the same landing spot in my backyard to test consistency.  This time the aircraft found the homepoint fine, lowered (precisely, but without screen notification of such), but then hovered at 8ft with no further notice.

So...overall looks good so far.  Probably just a few after release patches and it will be awesome.
2017-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans3d2c0c91 Posted at 2017-1-4 15:45
Just gave it a try.  

Navigation works well.  

Thanks for that needs some TLC that's ok glad you liked it,
2017-1-4
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have run a number of tests with this new app. There are definitely flaws/bugs.
#1 - the biggest complaint I have is that flights via GSP are not logged on the DJI servers. While Litchi understandably are not logged, I expected a DJI app to log them and it does not.
#2 - There is no visual feedback on the screen to indicate if the camera is recording or not
#3 - This is a biggie if you have gone through the trouble of defining a complex mission - if the path of a mission cross itself at any point, GSP breaks the mission at the crossing point. However, it doesn't do it immediately. The break will not show up until the next time you open the mission after having closed GSP. When it breaks the flight line, GSP arbitrarily changes the start and end points of the mission and there is no way to re-establish the original ones. It took me a while to figure this one out but I have done it with three different missions now. I first create a mission that has no crossover and that one remains intact. I then made a copy and changed the flight so that it crosses over itself on some point and without fail, that mission is broken at the crossover point and the start and end points are changed the next time you open it. This in my mind makes this app all but useless except for the most rudimentary of missions.
#4 - actions at waypoints are not reliable. They may or may not be done. This becomes particularly relevant if you start and stop recording. You effectively really have no idea what state your camera is in at any point. (See also point 2 above)
#5 Gimbal angles are completely unreliable. If the angle is to change between two waypoints (it is supposed to gradually change from one to the other as defined at the two waypoints of any leg), the camera instead aims in any direction with no apparent pattern. Essentially, any flight recording you plan through GSP is totally unreliable and likely unusable.
#6 There is no equivalent to Mission Hub in Litchi. For complex missions, Mission Hub is a godsend. Presumably this MAY come out in a future release, but planning a complex mission on the iPad is anything but easy. Mission functionality for the most part is the same as in Litchi, but the interface is not as easy to use

I was looking forward to this app in contrast to Litchi mostly because it is a DJI app and therefore should be fully complimentary to DJIs hardware. Litchi works great without doubt but the lack of logs for DJI to consult in case something goes south has always been a concern for me if though DJI does recognize any app developed through the SDK (such as Litchi).

Maybe the next release will address some or all of these glitches, but for now, I will not be using this product. I find it to be very immature and it feels very "untested" to me.
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules