Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Propeller Jammed on Inspire 2. My problem solved see modification.
123Next >
9944 101 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 15:06
From what it looks like, yes you got the prototype propeller for those white arrowed ones. As far as getting the prop off, it would most likely require breaking the propeller at the hub. Since it's not the correct propeller anyway, it would not be missed.

Hi Jamie,

Again thank you for your very quick response in sorting out this problem, have managed to get the prop off by slowly operating the release mechanism backwards and forwards a few times which didn't work the first few times was probably about 10 attempts.

Obviously I don't want to put these back on, can you PM me regarding the replacements again thank you for your help.

Cheers

Tony
2017-1-5
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 15:06
From what it looks like, yes you got the prototype propeller for those white arrowed ones. As far as getting the prop off, it would most likely require breaking the propeller at the hub. Since it's not the correct propeller anyway, it would not be missed.

Looks as all 8 props in my I2 kit are prototype as well. For some reason they go on and come off... is there any issue to flying these props? Can you please PM me how I can get all 8 replaced please? Or is it just the White props that need to be replaced? Thank you.
2017-1-5
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 15:16
It should be sorted out quickly. Like I said before, there are only a few packages that customers received that were affected. While it's small, I understand that it doesn't feel like much of a consolation when you end up being apart of that small percentage.

How to you know which of use Guinea pigs got the wrong props?  {:4_154:} My problem with the props are the red ones.. 3 out of the 4 vibrate with a very loud rattling sound when the prop is rotated. I ahve log this problem with your tech support team already.  
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I do apologize, everyone. I found that there was a bit of a mixup as to which were the correct props. The OP's props are the correct production model. The one that I provided is the incompatible version. I do apologize for the misinformation. If you have the ones with the smaller hub, then you would still look into replacements.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-5 22:57
How to you know which of use Guinea pigs got the wrong props?   My problem with the props are the red ones.. 3 out of the 4 vibrate with a very loud rattling sound when the prop is rotated. I ahve log this problem with your tech support team already.

I responded to you on your own thread.
2017-1-5
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 13:43
I'm confirming the best way to get that sorted as soon as possible, I'll keep you posted. Were you able to get the prop off?

White Dotted Propeller Modification
Promod.jpg
2017-1-7
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 23:32
I do apologize, everyone. I found that there was a bit of a mixup as to which were the correct props. The OP's props are the correct production model. The one that I provided is the incompatible version. I do apologize for the misinformation. If you have the ones with the smaller hub, then you would still look into replacements.

Jamie, can you respond to the above? Is there a possible issue with the white props? I only ask that question due to how tight they are, and what needs to be done for them to mount / unmount properly. my white ones dont even "click", only the red ones do.
2017-1-7
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-7 07:30
Jamie, can you respond to the above? Is there a possible issue with the white props? I only ask that question due to how tight they are, and what needs to be done for them to mount / unmount properly. my white ones dont even "click", only the red ones do.

If they are not locking, then either you're not rotating the locking mechanism far enough or the retaining clip is damaged.

If you look at the phote below of the Motor, you will note at the red arrow a little hole, this is where the metal locking pin locates to secure the locking mechanism, thus, you need to retate the locking mechanism with the metal clip to lign up with the hole in the motor.

In the second photo you can see what the locking mechanism looks like and the metal pin that then locates into the motor hole and secures the mechanism.

There are two screws that seure the mechanism on the motor, if you suspect the metal retainer is damaged, you can remove the screws to remove it and have a look and maybe fit one of the replacements.

Hope this helps.
IMG_0263.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg
2017-1-7
Use props
Bristol_twb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56654 ft
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-5 20:50
Hate to say this but i have the opposite problems my RED props are the problem they are too small and rattle. I measure the distance between the base and the top where the clips lock and there are differences in two of the four red ones supplied.

its looks like manufacture tolerances are not accommodated by spring insert below the prop mount or in the retain clips

I'm having the same problem, where one of my white props rattles. I've switches props, etc. but my issue is localized to one motor.

If DJI is saying this is normal... hmmm ok, but I need to contact them and hear it from them as well.  
2017-1-11
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
Hong Kong

Today i received the "FIX" from DJI for the prop tolerance issues for both "red" and "white". This consisted of two sets of props exactly like the ones the you can buy off the DJI web set (one of each in the bag)

I can announce that it WORKS... They all go on with a reassuring "click" and make no rattle when spun. On both you need to press down a little on the prop before you rotate the locking mechanism.

DON'T all rush at once
2017-1-12
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-12 18:36
Today i received the "FIX" from DJI for the prop tolerance issues for both "red" and "white". This consisted of two sets of props exactly like the ones the you can buy off the DJI web set (one of each in the bag)

I can announce that it WORKS... They all go on with a reassuring "click" and make no rattle when spun. On both you need to press down a little on the prop before you rotate the locking mechanism.

Thant's good news thay have promised me some new ones as well.
2017-1-12
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Despite the minor problems with the props I am very impressed with the new Inspire 2 handles beautifully, I am that impressed my second one was delivered yesterday.

Well done DJI
2017-1-12
Use props
userfc2794c25a
lvl.1

United States

My X5s won't stop drifting , even after imu cali. and gimbal cali.
2017-1-12
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just revered a email from DJI Support EU they are sending me a new set of pro's day.

Thank's DJI  
2017-1-16
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 12:10
Before trying a different set of props, can you please make sure that they look like the following underneath? You wouldn't want the same thing to happen again:
[view_image]

Is this what they are suppose to look like Jamie?
EDIT..... sorry missed reply #44
2017-1-16
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have just finished a air test after modifying the pro on my I2 all okay, also tested the X4S (still waiting for my X5S) see photo. received a email from DJI yesterday they have sent me a new set of prop arriving tomorrow UPS.
Inspire 2 17.jpg
DJI_0008.jpg
2017-1-17
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

Good photos Arrow!

I'm still waiting for my par of props... I send the email the same day :-(
2017-1-17
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-17 07:46
Good photos Arrow!

I'm still waiting for my par of props... I send the email the same day :-(

Have you had notification that they have sent them to you
2017-1-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-17 07:40
Have just finished a air test after modifying the pro on my I2 all okay, also tested the X4S (still waiting for my X5S) see photo. received a email from DJI yesterday they have sent me a new set of prop arriving tomorrow UPS.

looks nice in the air! How do you like the X4S camera?

Rich
2017-1-17
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-17 09:37
looks nice in the air! How do you like the X4S camera?

Rich

Hi Rich,

Today was the first time I used it the results look promising going to be doing some more tests tomorrow will post results.

Tony
2017-1-17
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-17 08:57
Have you had notification that they have sent them to you

Where? I dont have anything on my email and neither in my account of DJI :-/
2017-1-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-17 11:58
Hi Rich,

Today was the first time I used it the results look promising going to be doing some more tests tomorrow will post results.

Hi Tony,

that's great news   and I look forward to seeing your posted results. First impression of the X4S camera are most welcome too!
All the best
Rich
2017-1-17
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-17 13:32

DJI support in the Netherlands e-mail me Monday asking for my shipping details so they could send me replacement props I emailed them back and they sent them out on Monday 16th Jan.

Have had notification from UPS they are being delivered today Wednesday 18th.
2017-1-17
Use props
fans33c6b853
lvl.1
Germany

I have received my Inspire 2 yesterday... and I have to agree with the above said that one should wait until the product has eliminated all the bugs, better think twice before you order yours.
I have also had the privilege of receiving prototype props and even after having confirmed this with the technical support team, DJI insists that the props have to be returned for checking at my own expense before they would consider to send me replacement.
It took all the joy and excitement and left me with the worst impression of a sales support that I have ever experienced
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans33c6b853 Posted at 2017-1-18 06:43
I have received my Inspire 2 yesterday... and I have to agree with the above said that one should wait until the product has eliminated all the bugs, better think twice before you order yours.
I have also had the privilege of receiving prototype props and even after having confirmed this with the technical support team, DJI insists that the props have to be returned for checking at my own expense before they would consider to send me replacement.
It took all the joy and excitement and left me with the worst impression of a sales support that I have ever experienced

Could you happen to provide the ticket or case number with your correspondence with the Europe Support team?
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-17 19:43
DJI support in the Netherlands e-mail me Monday asking for my shipping details so they could send me replacement props I emailed them back and they sent them out on Monday 16th Jan.

Have had notification from UPS they are being delivered today Wednesday 18th.

Good to hear it's getting addressed.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-17 13:32

Could you happen to provide the ticket or case number of your correspondence with Support?
2017-1-18
Use props
fans33c6b853
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,
Yes I had first a #399945 which was my request and recently I got a CAS-416611-L5F4B8
2017-1-18
Use props
fans33c6b853
lvl.1
Germany

Jamie,
The issue I have is that firstly it was said they will send me the props, like some have experienced here in the forum already. Then they said I must send them first and they need to confirm it is a faulty delivery where your online chat has already all the pictures that shows it is a prototype
I don't need the Proto props but if it is known and happened to a few clients I have no understanding why they make such a fuzz about such a minor item compared to the thousands of Euro people spend
2017-1-18
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

fans33c6b853 Posted at 2017-1-18 08:17
Jamie,
The issue I have is that firstly it was said they will send me the props, like some have experienced here in the forum already. Then they said I must send them first and they need to confirm it is a faulty delivery where your online chat has already all the pictures that shows it is a prototype
I don't need the Proto props but if it is known and happened to a few clients I have no understanding why they make such a fuzz about such a minor item compared to the thousands of Euro people spend

Same problem here in Australia. incorrect props won't fit at all sent email to dji support but after nearly 1 week of waiting it seem that I too have to send them back first so they can check that i'm telling the truth even after sending them pictures to prove it. why why why is DJI treating us like this?
2017-1-18
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 07:19
Could you happen to provide the ticket or case number of your correspondence with Support?

345282 is my request number
2017-1-18
Use props
fans33c6b853
lvl.1
Germany

Jamie,
Will there be any clarification from your side in this matter?
Sending you pictures of the wrong props is not enough evidence for DJI? Or is it your agent?
I mean, this is commonly known and DJI has already admitted that this has happened.... and it seems some people in some countries have had no issue with receiving immediate replacement, so I must assume it is an agent issue
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans33c6b853 Posted at 2017-1-18 20:58
Jamie,
Will there be any clarification from your side in this matter?
Sending you pictures of the wrong props is not enough evidence for DJI? Or is it your agent?

Unfortunately, I can only speculate how another regional office decides to handle cases. I can try to follow up as best as possible and escalate cases when necessary.
2017-1-18
Use props
fans33c6b853
lvl.1
Germany

Jamie,
Thanks for your reply. The result for me is that I can't use my inspire 2 and my formerly good impression of DJI is getting a big dent.
This is about such a small issue for your company to settle and it's hard to believe that this causes so much resistance which eventually is harming your reputation
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans33c6b853 Posted at 2017-1-18 22:00
Jamie,
Thanks for your reply. The result for me is that I can't use my inspire 2 and my formerly good impression of DJI is getting a big dent.
This is about such a small issue for your company to settle and it's hard to believe that this causes so much resistance which eventually is harming your reputation

I do your frustration with this. Do you happen to have a ticket or case number that I can try to look into?
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-18 18:27
345282 is my request number

Thanks for supplying this, I'll let you know what I find.
2017-1-18
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-18 07:19
Good to hear it's getting addressed.

Hi Jamie

Received the props yesterday they don't fit the hub on the Inspire 2 is 15 x 6 mm the props you sent are 11 x 7 mm they won't go on.

See photo??

Tony
IMG_0288.JPG
2017-1-19
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-5 10:01
Hi Cougar
Wow glad you got your new Inspire 2!  Did you get both of them?  You will need to tell me your impressions offline.

Me too!

I cannot wait any longer but I can't order with a hardware issue because I do not want to have to send anything back. I could deal with firmware issues. PLEASE FIX!

I am waiting on the sidelines ready to buy 2 fully loaded as soon as its at least a yellow light.
2017-1-19
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-1-19 04:51
Me too!

I cannot wait any longer but I can't order with a hardware issue because I do not want to have to send anything back. I could deal with firmware issues. PLEASE FIX!

What firmware issues???? I have been flying mine for the last 4 day
Inspire2flght.jpg
2017-1-19
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-19 02:53
Hi Jamie

Received the props yesterday they don't fit the hub on the Inspire 2 is 15 x 6 mm the props you sent are 11 x 7 mm they won't go on.

Just receive email from DJI support Europe see below

Dear Anthony,
We have just received word from our own HQ that this problem is, unfortunately, a common. New props are on their way from China and when they are here I am sure to send fitting props this time.
We apologize for the disappointment.
Kind Regards,
DJI Support EU

2017-1-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules