Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Propeller Jammed on Inspire 2. My problem solved see modification.
9947 101 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The modification I posted in this thread is working fine have flown my I2 over the last few days in temperatures of 6 to 8 centigrade without any problems white dot props go on and come off without any problems.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 637339&fromuid=4811
2017-1-21
Use props
Geo66
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My red props are perfect, my whites started out almost impossible to twist on and off but after about 5 uses they are now just very very tight. I've reported it to support (ref #400700) but they've asked me to arrange an RMA to send the whole unit back for diagnosis. It seems stupid to be without the whole drone (for who knows how long?) for the sake of this since the fix will surely be new props that fit the current hubs or new hubs that fit the current props. Nothing to do with the drone body which has been performing great!

Since this has been reported enough to be a known problem I'd rather have some replacement parts sent out but if that isn't the policy then I'll copy Arrow1969's method to remove the excess material that's interfering with the fit.

If I do this can someone from DJI confirm that I'll still be fully covered under warranty? I've bought the care refresh package.
I'm sure the answer will be yes since It'll be one less support case to worry about but this is an expensive drone and technically I'll be modifying it.

Thanks to Arrow1969 for the pictures and help with this. :-)

2017-1-22
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geo66 Posted at 2017-1-22 13:10
My red props are perfect, my whites started out almost impossible to twist on and off but after about 5 uses they are now just very very tight. I've reported it to support (ref #400700) but they've asked me to arrange an RMA to send the whole unit back for diagnosis. It seems stupid to be without the whole drone (for who knows how long?) for the sake of this since the fix will surely be new props that fit the current hubs or new hubs that fit the current props. Nothing to do with the drone body which has been performing great!

Since this has been reported enough to be a known problem I'd rather have some replacement parts sent out but if that isn't the policy then I'll copy Arrow1969's method to remove the excess material that's interfering with the fit.

I agree, i'm NOT sending my i2 back and risk it getting broken, lost etc. They should send us all new props. They have our emails due to registration of the units on the day we turned them on and activated.  I'm  have been on hold for a agent for 25 min now. DJI where's a simple call back option? My second RC came today, wont link and firmware is identical. " cant find the master". I have a bad 16GB SD card and they made me go through hell to test and been having issues with the white props as well. i never bothered to fill out the form for the SD card but I have this Sony Card I may just get replaced along with my props if they do the right thing and send them out right away without hassling us.
2017-1-25
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-1-25 08:36
I agree, i'm NOT sending my i2 back and risk it getting broken, lost etc. They should send us all new props. They have our emails due to registration of the units on the day we turned them on and activated.  I'm  have been on hold for a agent for 25 min now. DJI where's a simple call back option? My second RC came today, wont link and firmware is identical. " cant find the master". I have a bad 16GB SD card and they made me go through hell to test and been having issues with the white props as well. i never bothered to fill out the form for the SD card but I have this Sony Card I may just get replaced along with my props if they do the right thing and send them out right away without hassling us.

I'm still on hold for the bad props and memory..I shutdown DJI go app on slave to restart and it worked, ipad syncing works now..
2017-1-25
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-1-25 08:51
I'm still on hold for the bad props and memory..I shutdown DJI go app on slave to restart and it worked, ipad syncing works now..

Customer service first asked me to return the props but later agreed to get me replacements sent out and asked for my shipping address. Hopefully I'll see the email from them within 24 hours.
2017-1-25
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-1-25 08:36

Try pressing C1 and C2 buttons on the second/slave remote. Then press the button on the I2 next to the USB port (with the switch in the "up" position)

Hope this helps.
Karl
2017-1-25
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-1-25 11:34
Try pressing C1 and C2 buttons on the second/slave remote. Then press the button on the I2 next to the USB port (with the switch in the "up" position)

Hope this helps.

I guess you missed post 85!  I just had to shut down the DJIGO4 App and restart it. Than all was good
2017-1-31
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-1-31 15:42
I guess you missed post 85!  I just had to shut down the DJIGO4 App and restart it. Than all was good

Dude read my post ...I was trying to help you for a previous comment you made and not about the props!!!
2017-1-31
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-1-31 15:42

Dude read my post ...I was trying to help you for a previous comment you made and not about the props!!!
2017-1-31
Use props
skyway
lvl.1
Flight distance : 663 ft
United States

25#
DJI are shipping defective 1550T props ...be aware !!!

7 day refund policy even with manufacturing  defects
2017-3-28
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All of my props look like this:

Red Prop - I2

Red Prop - I2

I have already contacted DJI support, I am from the UK, dealing with NL support.
They told me to send back these props for replacement, what is the course of action here?
Could DJI just please send me new props ?
2017-3-28
Use props
JefferyOliver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53166 ft
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-12 18:36
Today i received the "FIX" from DJI for the prop tolerance issues for both "red" and "white". This consisted of two sets of props exactly like the ones the you can buy off the DJI web set (one of each in the bag)

I can announce that it WORKS... They all go on with a reassuring "click" and make no rattle when spun. On both you need to press down a little on the prop before you rotate the locking mechanism.

Dr Jon, So, if the white props on my I1Pro are too tight, I could likely just order new props?
2017-4-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

JefferyOliver Posted at 2017-4-24 07:15
Dr Jon, So, if the white props on my I1Pro are too tight, I could likely just order new props?

If the "white" props are too tight i simply remove a small amount from the contact area on the underside. I nail file works just fine but only remove a small amount and then retry. Make sure you remove from all contact area at same time  
2017-4-25
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

3 months waiting for my replacement, this is embarrasing
2017-6-13
Use props
fans573ffac3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6032398 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 12:10
Before trying a different set of props, can you please make sure that they look like the following underneath? You wouldn't want the same thing to happen again:
[view_image]

I just received my Inspire 2 from Rise Above Aerials here in Australia and the props that I have received do not look like the example of "What your props should look like."  Does the pictures that I have attached resemble the protoype prop that you speak of? Also the white props are incredibly difficult to remove and put on. I dont want to force the props when removing or during assemby. I have noted these defects in my maintenance manuals includied the conversations posted earlier from you a, DJI represantive.
IMG_4436.JPG
IMG_4437.JPG
2017-6-14
Use props
fans573ffac3
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 12:08
Thank you for supplying these. Based on what I was able to find, there have been some units that had accidentially received prototype props. Only a few users have been affected by this, and DJI is more than happy to send out new props to you. I'm sorry that you were one of those few, I would recommend trying to take your time with lightly wiggling the prop off so as not to damage the locking mechanism. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you are able to move the locking mechanism from locked to unlocked, but you just can't get it to come off after that?

And to quote you "Only a few users have been affected by this" What are the chances? Maybe more than a few users right? I bet most people aren't even aware of this problem.
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans573ffac3 Posted at 2017-6-14 03:28
I just received my Inspire 2 from Rise Above Aerials here in Australia and the props that I have received do not look like the example of "What your props should look like."  Does the pictures that I have attached resemble the protoype prop that you speak of? Also the white props are incredibly difficult to remove and put on. I dont want to force the props when removing or during assemby. I have noted these defects in my maintenance manuals includied the conversations posted earlier from you a, DJI represantive.

This is a tad of an older post, so my correction in post #44 might had been missed. From what you've provided, it looks like you have the correct ones. The ones with the smaller looking hubs were the incorrect ones. Just to clarify, do these seem to have issues (rattling, too snug etc.) or have you not tried using them yet?  
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans573ffac3 Posted at 2017-6-14 03:51
And to quote you "Only a few users have been affected by this" What are the chances? Maybe more than a few users right? I bet most people aren't even aware of this problem.

Dealers having old stock can be common, it depends on the size of the demand for that particular store. In regards to the ratio of how many units that were actually affected by this and what's currently in the market it's a small group that got the wrong props in the grand scheme of things.
2017-6-14
Use props
fans573ffac3
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-14 11:54
This is a tad of an older post, so my correction in post #44 might had been missed. From what you've provided, it looks like you have the correct ones. The ones with the smaller looking hubs were the incorrect ones. Just to clarify, do these seem to have issues (rattling, too snug etc.) or have you not tried using them yet?

Ah o.k, thanks for clarifying Jamie, appreciate it.
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans573ffac3 Posted at 2017-6-14 23:27
Ah o.k, thanks for clarifying Jamie, appreciate it.

No problem! Just to make sure I'm on the same page, though, are the propellers working well for you or are there some performance issues that you've noticed?
2017-6-15
Use props
fans573ffac3
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-15 08:31
No problem! Just to make sure I'm on the same page, though, are the propellers working well for you or are there some performance issues that you've noticed?

They work in terms of getting the aircraft off the ground. The issue is the white marked props are hard to put on and remove. They do come off with strong force. My concern is the wear and tare of the spring pad and the actual prop locks as well as the actual integrity of the inner casing of the props that lock onto the aircraft. I can see real potential for material fatigue over prolonged periods of usage.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans573ffac3 Posted at 2017-6-18 04:17
They work in terms of getting the aircraft off the ground. The issue is the white marked props are hard to put on and remove. They do come off with strong force. My concern is the wear and tare of the spring pad and the actual prop locks as well as the actual integrity of the inner casing of the props that lock onto the aircraft. I can see real potential for material fatigue over prolonged periods of usage.

Do the spares act the same way? They shouldn't be too difficult to take on/off, but they should still be secure. You can get in contact with AU Support to have some replacements sent out to you, I'd recommend trying out the spare mounts as well as the spare props to make sure you get the correct amount sorted.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules