rth and auto land issue
2110 16 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

when i send my drone to rth or i do auto land it always comes down until it is 1 foot from the ground. i use a 3rd party app somtimes and have to go to dji app to finish landing.

is there a setting i can do so it will just land on the ground, like my old p3s?

thanks all
2017-1-4
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

nobody really?
2017-1-6
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100226 ft
Romania

I assume you are asking for a setting in the third party app?
2017-1-6
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

would offer help but never  ever used an auto land except to test.

good luck and have fun flying
2017-1-6
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

no asking for in dji go 4 app not third party
2017-1-6
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Auto land is auto land unless there is something under the landing area that the P4P does not want to land on. Maybe the sensors are picking up something then when you go into the DJI go app because you are disconnecting and reconnecting it forces the bird to land? Just grasping here but did you try and land at another location after having this issue or did you keep testing from the same place? I would try from another location and see if the 3rd party app still does the same thing.
2017-1-6
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Are you saying that it only does that in your 3rd party app or does it also do it in the Go app?
2017-1-6
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

it does this in both apps in different locations with compass calibration at each location. something I cannot figure out its not a huge issue but something I would like to get figured out is all.
2017-1-9
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

Auto land on my P4P does this lowers, hovers about a foot above the ground for a few seconds then gently touches down. It may well be that if the down looking sensors do not see flat ground below the drone.
2017-1-9
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

spike my p4p hovers then prompts me to slide to auto land over all surfaces it auto lands to. however last week it hovered then landed on its own over grass but that was the only time so far

maybe I was in sport mode for that I will have to take a look into that
2017-1-9
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-1-9 11:42
spike my p4p hovers then prompts me to slide to auto land over all surfaces it auto lands to. however last week it hovered then landed on its own over grass but that was the only time so far

Yeah grass may be the problem as the sensors will probably not see that as a smooth level surface. Try it on a hard surface and see if it does the same thing. On youtube videos , I have seen people with tea trays and or some sort of landing item on top of grass to land the drone on.
2017-1-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-1-9 11:42

Have tried landing manually?
2017-1-10
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

manual landing is always fine. Spike it landed on grass that one time, it doesn't seem to like hard surfaces, I've tried different tones and textures of concrete, or blacktop. not sure what its issue is. I was really hoping there was a setting I could do through the app.
2017-1-10
Use props
bryhudso-sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 952589 ft
  • >>>
United States

Avoid "auto land," it's not working properly. Stay with RTH.
2017-1-30
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

What is wrong with it? ^^^
2017-1-31
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

My RTH will land fine. I am using latest firmware and app. I also have my phone connected on 4g so that I get correct maps.

This is an RTH command at end of video and landing where I live.

2017-1-31
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Same with mine. Whether it be RTH or auto land. They both land nicely
2017-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules