Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Ulysse Posted at 2017-1-4 05:49
Apple maps is used for DJI Go or DJI GS Pro

Sorry, you are right.

But Apple Maps are as bad to, when it comes to sat map.

My be better in the future, but for now. NO
2017-1-4
Use props
Tony S.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50883 ft
United States

When can we expect to see Android and PC versions?
2017-1-4
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-4 06:11
Sorry, you are right.

Apple Maps is enough to fly with a quad and has better Colors compared to Google Maps (at least for my country)
Why do you think Apple Maps is bad for flying a Phantom ?
2017-1-4
Use props
fans6199248c
lvl.2

United States

I'm assuming that obstacle avoidance can be enabled on automated flights?
2017-1-4
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Ulysse Posted at 2017-1-4 06:15
Apple Maps is enough to fly with a quad and has better Colors compared to Google Maps (at least for my country)
Why do you think Apple Maps is bad for flying a Phantom ?

Not up to date.

Here two screenshots to compare.

The corn silo on google maps was build 6-7 years ago, but still not on apple maps.

Google

Google

Apple

Apple
2017-1-4
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Very exciting news, Can't wait to start testing this app.
2017-1-4
Use props
Beninspain
lvl.2

Spain

Am i missing how to add a point of interest in waypoints?
What a daft thing to leave out or make hard to find.
2017-1-4
Use props
Spiderpig
lvl.2

United States

Is the manual available for download somewhere.  It's in the App, but hard to read it.
2017-1-4
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-4 06:36
Not up to date.

Here two screenshots to compare.

The opposite is also true.
Apple Maps

Google Maps

AM.jpg
GM.jpg
2017-1-4
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

Spiderpig Posted at 2017-1-4 07:09
Is the manual available for download somewhere.  It's in the App, but hard to read it.

Here is the link: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2017-1-4
Use props
bsett
lvl.2
United States

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-4 06:11
Sorry, you are right.

Would yo mind elaborating on what's bad about the Apple maps sat view? I'm looking at both Apple maps on my iPad and Google maps on my PC side by side.

At least for my home flying area both sat views looks identical with both map images taken just a few months ago. Is the problem with Apple maps dependent on were or how they are used?
2017-1-4
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

CruxisX Posted at 2017-1-3 18:05
It says at the top that the app is specifically designed for the iPad-- I wouldn't count on it being available for the iPhone since the area is way too small for all of the options available in that powerful app.

Great job DJI for finally bringing back the ground station app we all enjoyed in the Phantom 2 days!

There's many ways to make it work..

You should be able to make the points by zooming in by using pinching or pointing
2017-1-4
Use props
softgrapes
lvl.2

United States

yeah you can do it with litchi, I don't see why dji can't do it as well
2017-1-4
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

I am very confused now. I was given access to this just a few days ago as a beta tester and spent the weekend trying it out and reporting back. This morning I start seeing posts about it on FB and now find that it's fully released. I've heard of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing but this is ridiculous.
2017-1-4
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Why not for the iPhone 7+? Do you have to prefly waypoints? Is the waypoint feature basically Litchi?
2017-1-4
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

bsett Posted at 2017-1-4 07:30
Would yo mind elaborating on what's bad about the Apple maps sat view? I'm looking at both Apple maps on my iPad and Google maps on my PC side by side.

At least for my home flying area both sat views looks identical with both map images taken just a few months ago. Is the problem with Apple maps dependent on were or how they are used?

Where I am, its like HERE Maps.

see post #46
2017-1-4
Use props
fans03c44cff
New

Brazil

Entendendo Phantom 4 pro plus, espero que eu não me arrependa de comprar o Plus em vez de comprar o modelo sem uma tela ... por medo de ser sempre o último a receber os novos recursos!
2017-1-4
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

fans03c44cff Posted at 2017-1-4 09:00
Entendendo Phantom 4 pro plus, espero que eu não me arrependa de comprar o Plus em vez de comprar o modelo sem uma tela ... por medo de ser sempre o último a receber os novos recursos!

Phantom 4 pro é mais flexível. minha opinião
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

>Very Cool App! Are you planning to make it for iPhone?

This information is not known yet.

>Do you have to prefly waypoints? Is the waypoint feature basically Litchi?

You don't have to prefly waypoints.

2017-1-4
Use props
ScottKarlins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112927 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please make an iPhone version of GSP! There are many of use DJI users that have iPhone 6 / 7 Plus phones. Plenty big enough screens to be able to utilize this app.

Thank you!
2017-1-4
Use props
Dierwolf
New

Sint Maarten

Its crap co.pared to Litchi.  And i find it very disturbing a company would release their SDK for others to make better apps and then to have DJI tell its customers that any third party app will void the warrantee.  #fail on both parts

Oh ja no POI either.  Utterly useless
2017-1-4
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464961 ft
United States

I read the specs but I am not clear on whether it is not yet available for both the Phantom 4 *and* the Phantom 4 Pro or just not yet available for the Phantom 4 Pro?

Am I missing something? Is this clearer somewhere other than where I am reading?

-
UPDATE.

The GS Pro User Manual spells it out a bit more clearly:

From the GS Pro User Manual

2017-1-4
Use props
Andy101
lvl.2

United States

Would you please help me understand what settings needs to be adjusted on Mavic Pro in order to use the app ?

Photo Jan 04, 1 07 51 PM.png

2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

markdaviesmedia Posted at 2017-1-4 10:03
I read the specs but I am not clear on whether it is not yet available for both the Phantom 4 *and* the Phantom 4 Pro or just not yet available for the Phantom 4 Pro?

Am I missing something? Is this clearer somewhere other than where I am reading?

Phantom 4 Pro support coming soon. Already available on Phantom 4.
2017-1-4
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

Andy101 Posted at 2017-1-4 10:14
Would you please help me understand what settings needs to be adjusted on Mavic Pro in order to use the app ?

[view_image]

That's the wrong app, you need GS PRO
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Dierwolf Posted at 2017-1-4 09:58
Its crap co.pared to Litchi.  And i find it very disturbing a company would release their SDK for others to make better apps and then to have DJI tell its customers that any third party app will void the warrantee.  #fail on both parts

3rd party apps don't void warranty. Don't know where you heard this. If the craft hardware is at fault for causing a hard landing it will be covered by your warranty.

Please avoid spreading unverified rumors.
2017-1-4
Use props
markdaviesmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 464961 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 10:18
Phantom 4 Pro support coming soon. Already available on Phantom 4.

Got it. Glad to hear that.

FWIW, the GS Pro User Manual is a little clearer about P4 vs P4+/Pro.

Thanks.

2017-1-4
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Dierwolf Posted at 2017-1-4 09:58

that with warranty is a little tricky.

Look at this : post #25

http://forum.dji.com/thread-72083-1-1.html

2017-1-4
Use props
Andy101
lvl.2

United States

birdingbilly Posted at 2017-1-4 10:21
That's the wrong app, you need GS PRO

Thank you !
2017-1-4
Use props
fans6ed0372c
New
Flight distance : 293156 ft
Canada

Having an iPad with no cellular data is a pain in its self, will hot spotting work from a phone without interference errors?
2017-1-4
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

fans6ed0372c Posted at 2017-1-4 10:36
Having an iPad with no cellular data is a pain in its self, will hot spotting work from a phone without interference errors?

Yes, no problem at all, I regularly do this.
2017-1-4
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

RoadmasterD Posted at 2017-1-3 17:58
Just downloaded, seems to be using the apple maps imagery. I was able to create a mission fairly easily.  I can't fly the mission because I have a P4P+ and can't connect to anything other than the built in screen.  I wish I had known that was going to be an issue.  Oh, well, one of these days.  It's ironic that not only can we not use 3rd party apps, we can't use DJI apps other than the special version of DJI Go4.  I'm sorry for the short rant.

I feel your frustration since I am in the same boat.  I thought I saw a post on how to cable connect another screen/device to the controller which will cause the plus to go black.  I tried this but unfortunately it is not working and I can no longer find the post.  I have a photo mosaic mission I need to fly in the near term and need a work around.  
2017-1-4
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
United States

fansf93ab83f Posted at 2017-1-3 20:25
Will be testing this. Beware I've had a look around the app. If you do missions DJI states it will continue regardless of battery power ETC. I hope they put an option to enable RTH if battery reaches a certain threshold. Also RTH is not default for missions you need to use advanced to enable RTH.
Will post my experiences with this app when I have a chance to fly whether permitting.

Wow that will not work...especially if you need several battery's to complete a planned mission
2017-1-4
Use props
fansed04fceb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456260 ft
Spain

WHEN A MISSION IS PLANNED AT AN ALTITUDE OF 50 METERS PER EXAMPLE. THE ALTITUDE IS KEPT FROM THE TAKEOFF POINT OR VARIABLE AS IT UP AND DOWN THE TERRAIN ???
2017-1-4
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
United States

fansf67fa495 Posted at 2017-1-4 03:15
Totally illogical not to offer for for the P4P+

I wonder if anybody has managed to install third party apps to make this P4P+ more commercially viable and less of a toy!  The lower price non plus option would have been a better selection.  From previous posts, I understand that DJI has relegated the plus to the toy pile by locking the + Android screen.  Short sighted and it will limit sales for those looking to apply the tech to commercial apps.  Hope DJI gets it together and resolves this or somebody jail breaks this!  The brighter screen and significantly higher price is not enough of an incentive to go with the P4P+ and I would not do it again.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

BeamMeUpScotty Posted at 2017-1-4 11:03
I wonder if anybody has managed to install third party apps to make this P4P+ more commercially viable and less of a toy!  The lower price non plus option would have been a better selection.  From previous posts, I understand that DJI has relegated the plus to the toy pile by locking the + Android screen.  Short sighted and it will limit sales for those looking to apply the tech to commercial apps.  Hope DJI gets it together and resolves this or somebody jail breaks this!  The brighter screen and significantly higher price is not enough of an incentive to go with the P4P+ and I would not do it again.

It's being developed for the P4P+.
2017-1-4
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

fansed04fceb Posted at 2017-1-4 11:07
CAN YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION ??

I don't think the application is terrain aware ... as in it does NOT adjust the flight path based on the terrain height below.. ie, mountains, ridges, etc
2017-1-4
Use props
Fotch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161 ft
Canada

fansf67fa495 Posted at 2017-1-4 03:15
Totally illogical not to offer for for the P4P+

Agreed! maybe they should have made the P4P+ IOS..
2017-1-4
Use props
Fotch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161 ft
Canada

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 11:06
It's being developed for the P4P+.

Great news! any time frame?
2017-1-4
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI GroundStation PRO

Excellent its back and upgraded and works on the Phantom3 and Phantom4... can't wait to try, I used the original GS on my F550 so lets see whats new with this version.

2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules