*New app from DJI: DJI GROUND STATION PRO*
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5029167 ft
United States

kiltedrunner Posted at 2017-1-6 08:18
After I entered 5 points on the map and clicked on Start Mission the app showed that it was uploading the map - but after 5 minutes I thought it was hung up - so I shut it off.

How long did it take to upload the map to your drone?

the first few times i tried it took forever seemed like to upload mission but last two tries it went pretty quick.
2017-1-6
Use props
fansf93ab83f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Maybe I did something wrong but I tried 3D map function and my P4 flew backwards to the waypoints to take the pictures.
Kinda makes obstacle avoidance redundant don't it.
2017-1-6
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gnomad Posted at 2017-1-5 21:20
Stian, probably the vast majority. Apple lost market share to Android ages ago and will never get it back. Just like their computers, they are a very small subset of the market and mainly a status symbol between fawnbois.

Gnomad - Android might win in pure sales figure - mostly due to a lot of low cost devices. But in usage on any website - you will see iOS outpace android usually factor 2:1 - so for every 2 iDevice visitors there are 1 android visitor.  

And the same goes for App sales - usually factor 2:1 or even 3:1 on the projects I have been involved in (so that is USAGE per ACTIVATED user)

So yes there are more Android devices out there - but they are used a lot less.

And last but not least - lookup the Device Activation's for December - Apple once again leads with 2:1 device activation's over Android.

So Apple eco-system is healthier - and bigger in real usage terms - which is why developers often launch for iOS first and pickup the crumbs from Android later.

I'm platform agnostic - I don't care about it says Android or iPhone or PC or Mac - but I do care about what is easy to deploy too and monitize. And there Apple wins hands down.  Android takes a LOT longer to test as there are so many device permutations and versions of the OS "in the wild" so when you develop for Android - you are actually more or less forced to develop towards a 3-4 year old API to get 75% coverage. With iOS 10 alone - you have 75% coverage on a 5 month old API.

So as a developer it takes me less time to develop for iDevices as I can zero on on the last 1 or two API versions - and I only need to test on 8-12 device types.  On Android I have to support down to API v16-v18 to cover the same % of devices - and then all the "missing" API features I would get in the latest API i have to do myself + I have to test on maybe about 50-60 devices types that are mostly used. But then you get the screaming clients for the 150+ devices you did not test since their usage numbers are small - and they take all your support time to fix and test. So Android for a developer like me is a PITA - you make less money - you get more hassle - you have to write a lot more code to make it work. So a loose-loose-loose situation.

2017-1-6
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I ran a test of the GSP app today. These are my observations.
Waypoints - quite reasonable. Not as easy to use or plan as Litchi but functionality is largely similar. One interesting feature is the ability to propogate certain changes across other waypoints. Unfortunately, there is no POI function like Litchi has so gimbal angles have to be calculated/guessed for each waypoint.
3D Map - nice concept but I encountered two major faults:
#1 - you are limited to 99 waypoints. As a result, you either have to constrain yourself to a very small area (no larger than a football field) or you have to reduce waypoints to a point where coverage is barely sufficient. My sample was a high school with an area of 220m x 160m (720 ft x 525 ft). The default setting wanted to use 380 photos for a flight of 18 minutes. To get it down to 95, I had to reduce overlap drastically and the flight was still 16 minutes.
#2 - probably more important - the app misses taking photos as some waypoints. I (unscientifically) observed it to be roughly 1 in 15 was missed. The miss rate seems to increase towards the end of the mission. (I got 86 photos out of 95 waypoints.) Given that one already has to reduce coverage to stay within the waypoint limit, missing a photo is even more "drastic" to the 3D Map.

I did not test the Fence function. Not interested in it at all ergo I'll elave that to someone else.

It's nice to see this app come out because it means flights are logged on the DJI servers whereas the Litchi flights are not but here's hoping these shortcomings are addressed in the next release.
2017-1-6
Use props
fans1202288d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37398 ft
Canada

Im not fully understanding this app. Can you basically automate a flight - lets say i wanted to shoot around a house, and go floor by floor, would it be able to automate that, so i can get the same shot multiple times at the push of a button? Would it record the altitude and the movements of the drone?
2017-1-6
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

fans1202288d Posted at 2017-1-6 14:47
Im not fully understanding this app. Can you basically automate a flight - lets say i wanted to shoot around a house, and go floor by floor, would it be able to automate that, so i can get the same shot multiple times at the push of a button? Would it record the altitude and the movements of the drone?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386
2017-1-6
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

ticktockdocker Posted at 2017-1-6 10:12
I don't know why but it just irritates me when I hear ignorance speak. The fact of the matter is you have no idea  what the iOS/android split is among DJI customers. Could be 10-90, 30-70, 50-50. The fact that GS Pro came out on iOS first does NOT imply a larger iOS than android base. It does imply that, given the much more diverse group of android devices, developing an app to work well on android across all devices is a much more daunting task than developing the app just for the iPad.

You are obviously easily irritated. Nowhere have I said that more flyers use IOS than Android but I do know for a fact based on conversations with DJI support that nothing like 85% are using andriod.
2017-1-7
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Ulysse Posted at 2017-1-4 05:49
Apple maps is used for DJI Go or DJI GS Pro

For IOS devices. Unfortunately for the Android folks they got the HERE maps shoved on them.
2017-1-7
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
United States

DroneMapper Posted at 2017-1-5 06:16
Hello,
Thanks for the message. I am sorry there is no Apple version of our free DJI mapping software available yet. We are a very small company and had to start somewhere for our first desktop product release and we are used to running/developing on Windows. We DO have plans to release an Apple version in the future  Thank you, DroneMapper

I'll add, it works fine on a Windows 10 VM using VMWare fusion, or via BootCamp on a Mac, so there are certainly options. Not the first time that any company didn't code for both platforms certainly. Thanks for the software!
2017-1-7
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
United States

ticktockdocker Posted at 2017-1-5 09:44
"And because nowhere near 85% of DJI flyers are using android"
As if you had a clue as to the data on that.....

To his defense his 85% probably comes from worldwide market share, which takes into account low cost phones developed for third world markets. Reality is that these drones historically have catered to developed markets that can afford them, in which case the 85% is nowhere near correct.
2017-1-7
Use props
Juan Charria
lvl.1

Colombia

DroneMapper Posted at 2017-1-4 05:33
Thank you DJI !
Be sure to check out our free RAPID for DJI map building software, which now loads up to 100 DJI images for free processing / stitching. It is the perfect addition to the new DJI GS Pro application and will allow you to start building geo-referenced maps from your imagery for free!

My antivirus always finds malware from the file I download to try this software.  Why?  They say I must Disable Antimalware and disable anti-virus software.  Why would I do that?
2017-1-7
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

How are you Mavic users flying with an ipad?    That's my only thing -- this Mavic uses a controller so small it's hard to use with an ipad.
2017-1-7
Use props
Juan Charria
lvl.1

Colombia

Blackline Posted at 2017-1-5 07:02
i was able to create a way point mission without being at location. or even connected to the drone. worked fine for me. i do not like not having curves and it stops at each way point, but i am sure the app will get better with updates.

You can configure each waypoint setting to stop or not
2017-1-7
Use props
1badtrain
lvl.2
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-7 10:21
How are you Mavic users flying with an ipad?    That's my only thing -- this Mavic uses a controller so small it's hard to use with an ipad.

An iPad mini will fit in the controller.
2017-1-7
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

Android...
2017-1-7
Use props
Caribou
lvl.2

France

Da Lata Posted at 2017-1-7 13:37
Android...

I subscribe for android
2017-1-7
Use props
Sunday Idajili
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6033701 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

Great App. subscribed!
2017-1-7
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70748 ft
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-7 10:21

Here is how to use ipad with mavic

2017-1-7
Use props
wjl123
New

China

I'm in China.Could anyone tell me why I can't see all the pictures and videos on this website?Thank you!
2017-1-7
Use props
mk1
lvl.1

South Africa

Android version needed...
2017-1-7
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI...
Does this app function with the iPad Mini 4 (Wifi ONLY) ?
2017-1-7
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

wjl123 Posted at 2017-1-7 19:34
I'm in China.Could anyone tell me why I can't see all the pictures and videos on this website?Thank you!

Talk to your government. They disabled a couple features on the internet for their citizens last week.
2017-1-7
Use props
Cornscot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701207 ft
United Kingdom

DJI help please - I flew a GS Pro 3D mission yesterday no issues but can't see/find and flight data and then upload the flight data to Healthy Drones - please can you tell me how I get all the flight data, as I would in DJI Go?
Thanks.
2017-1-8
Use props
plexus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79833 ft
France

Hi,
If you have an p4p, you must send yours files in the cloud with your RC,
then use HD sync on your ipad or smartphone to synchronize the files,
Open healthydrone and you will get the files on it.
2017-1-8
Use props
Cornscot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks, it was an Inspire 1 but sure the same principle. How do you get files off the RC?
2017-1-8
Use props
Camera4Higher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68356 ft
  • >>>
United States

And another request for Android... I hope those of us who put our faith in DJI to support the Phantom 4 Pro+ will not be forgotten?
2017-1-8
Use props
Camera4Higher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Camera4Higher Posted at 2017-1-8 04:35
And another request for Android... I hope those of us who put our faith in DJI to support the Phantom 4 Pro+ will not be forgotten?

I actually forked out an additional 319.00 for a second controller JUST so that I can use my Phantom 4 Pro with an iPad, because I just KNEW the Android owners would be stiffed (I know Chinese business logic). I have flown all of my DJI products to date using apple's iPads. However, I liked the idea of a bright screen so took a chance, but knowing I might regret it. In cases like this, as well as support for DronePan and other apps, I paid the price now in hard cash!
2017-1-8
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just flown a couple of 3D practice missions and all went really well but the flight data has not appeared in the go app, I suspect because it was not running, although I was running it on my slave transmitter?
Is there a way to to upload flight data to the go app?
2017-1-8
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

dirtdroner Posted at 2017-1-4 08:03
I am very confused now. I was given access to this just a few days ago as a beta tester and spent the weekend trying it out and reporting back. This morning I start seeing posts about it on FB and now find that it's fully released. I've heard of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing but this is ridiculous.

Wow.  That apparent rush to market does help answer many questions.
2017-1-8
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 11:06
It's being developed for the P4P+.

Thank you, Joe.

Would you please clarify the "It's" in your response.

Is it only the Ground Station being developed for the P4P+ or also the ability to install some third party apps?
2017-1-8
Use props
plexus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79833 ft
France

Cornscot Posted at 2017-1-8 03:19
Thanks, it was an Inspire 1 but sure the same principle. How do you get files off the RC?

on your RC First page, stick the center icon will open the page of Flight data. On the right the icon is to send to the cloud.

ecran2.jpg
ecran1.jpg
2017-1-8
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

For those that have tried GSP, has anyone noticed flight logs?  I've done two and they are not showing up in the DJI flight logs which surprises me or maybe it's just an oversight.
2017-1-8
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

wjl123 Posted at 2017-1-7 19:34

Becouse you are under Chinese firewall!
2017-1-8
Use props
Cornscot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

^as fschilder
2017-1-8
Use props
brian.mailagc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149701 ft
United States

I'm trying to set up a Capture at Equal Distance Interval mission using an Inspire 1 Pro with the DJI 15mm lens.

Front Overlap:  85
Altitude:  245

When I pick the camera and enter 15mm with the 35mm equivalent box unchecked or enter 30 mm with the 35mm equivalent box checked I get the message:

Error - Could not resolve the optimized speed due to HW limitation.  Please try the following:  1.  Set higher Flight Height.  2. Set less Front Overlap Rate and set the [Capture Mode] again.

This doesn't seem like it should happen.  It's trying to set the speed at 22.4 MPH which is not necessary.  Drone Deploy typically sets the speed at 6-11 MPH and doesn't have any trouble with similar altitudes and overlaps.  
2017-1-8
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

Can anyone with a knowledge of this and litchi say which one is best?  Do they both do exactly the same thing, or does each have some unique functionality.
2017-1-8
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

This is interesting, but as a Litchi user, the lack of Point of Interest means I'll be using Litchi.  
I did try to use it but can't get beyond the "Can't find aircraft" screen on the app.
2017-1-9
Use props
MAR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3820220 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks DJI. I tested this app with my P4 toady and it's an excellent start.  If I may make some suggestions for professional use please.  The waypoint limit of 99 is too low for mapping. If the software uses a waypoint for each image then we are limited to 99 images per flight. For larger area high speed mapping at a 2 sec shot interval the P 4 can take over 400 images. And secondly if I may, I would like much more control over flight termination procedures.  Lost signal, low battery etc etc. I want to be able to control the bottom end of the flight in the flight planning stage please. Thank you :-)
2017-1-9
Use props
fans1c824763
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1543179 ft
Poland

Hi there, please add me too to the Android crowd
Is there some deadline to relase that Android version ? It will take you weeks/months/ half a year ?

2017-1-9
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DroneMapper is a windows program, correct. Will this not work for windows 7? Can someone tell me how to download it. I have been to their website and it seems you can click on Licence or the PDF instructions but not sure what happens if I fill in my information on the licence page. Will I be sent a link to download?  Maybe I'm missing something.
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules