Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Travis,  Found it.  Here are the notes.

Inspire 1
Warranty: Yes
Refurbished: No
Replace 4 landing gear, 1 CW motor, downward camera, camera/gimbal, both arms, cables, camera plate/coupler

test flew, good to ship
2015-4-22
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49646 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-23 06:07
Travis,  Found it.  Here are the notes.

Inspire 1

Thank You for your time and everything you do it is very appreciated.
YOU ARE THE MAN.
2015-4-22
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

michael-dicker. Posted at 2015-2-16 05:07
Don't worry when in flight.   CSC only works when the copter is landed.

This is NOT TRUE!!! When in doubt always use the simulator in the app. I have performed CSC in the simulator while in midair and the Inspire 1 fell down to the ground. DON'T DO IT!!! WHEN IN DOUBT, ALWAYS CHECK WITH THE SIMULATOR
2015-4-22
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-4-23 07:09
This is NOT TRUE!!! When in doubt always use the simulator in the app. I have performed CSC in the ...

Concur with Mount.  The simulator is pretty accurate.
2015-4-22
Use props
bkbowsher
New

United States

Why were you flying with out the camera....  the craft is stable as a rock...
2015-4-23
Use props
Dread Xeppelin
lvl.1

United States

I remember reading the thread shortly after getting my Inspire, and completely agreeing that the CSC motion should never engage while in flight. While it is an unusual position it is entirely possible to engage through a normal flight scenario.
2015-4-24
Use props
me
New

United States

Hi all,

it's a sad way to join the community but this message is a +1... my Inspire 1 just fell from the sky from about 200-300ft:

(Could not post picture inline: https://t.co/MQp4YtBF1K)

Reading through every post on this thread along with some others I'm already dreading the process of getting the drone fixed.

I liked the comparison that someone made with having a new TV exchanged for a refurbished one: unacceptable. But in this case I'm wondering wether getting my drone replaced with a new one is even acceptable either. Imagine your tv instead of breaking shot a screw through the screen that lodged itself in the wall 2 feet off your head - would you accept a replacement with no specific explanation?

I love my Inspire 1 (I have a vision 2+ too) but won't risk hurting anyone. The way the legal system in the US is broken I'd end up living under a bridge for sure. I recently got married and flew it over the wedding party on my wedding. I'm glad the crash didn't happen there, was just discussing it with my wife.

Battery was over 50%, no wind. I had not updated the firmware to the one released 3 weeks ago, was going to do it this weekend :-/.

Right before the drone crashed I was flying clockwise circles around my house with the camera pointed to the center, flying up and down. I wonder if that could've triggered the CSC shutoff... Anyway, I'll post here and also update on twitter @dkarg as I find out. Will call my insurance company tomorrow too to see what would've happened in case of person / property damage caused by the crash.

One last thing: the camera was recording at the moment of the crash, I found the mini-sd (it flew out after the crash, the camera was about 10ft away too) but unfortunately the file seems to be corrupted. My suspicion would be that it was not "closed" correctly since it broke off the power while writing the file, has anybody ever used anything to repair a 4K .mov file?  Thanks in advance.
2015-5-6
Use props
braden
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9346768 ft
United States

Happened to me at 40 ft.  Screen said shutting down in 4 seconds.
2015-6-28
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Sorry to hear about those birds . A little positivity . I am seeing numerous post by other inspire crash victims . They are reporting very good customer service experiences .
I hate  that you may have to send it off but I am hearing reports of customers receiving brand new birds . Your first thought may not be favorable but consider this .

Enough time has passed  and warranty work performed that DJI looks to be getting a handle on things. With these issues beginning to get resolved this unit may just come into it's own . I for one am encouraged.
Hope all goes well for you guys .
2015-6-28
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Dread Xeppelin Posted at 2015-4-25 11:43
I remember reading the thread shortly after getting my Inspire, and completely agreeing that the CSC ...

No it isn't!
Unless you are flying collective pitch helicopters doing 3d there is no flight maneuver on a multirotor used for shooting video that will require you to execute full yaw, full throttle down simultaneously with full cyclic and collective.
2015-6-28
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

michael-dicker. Posted at 2015-2-16 05:07
Don't worry when in flight.   CSC only works when the copter is landed.

Not true!!! It will in fact. Saw another guy try it at 400 feet to see if he could restart and recover. It did but I'm not crazy enough to do that. Also the manual clearly states under the CSC diagram that it will in mid-air.
2015-6-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-6-29 08:39
Not true!!! It will in fact. Saw another guy try it at 400 feet to see if he could restart and rec ...

CSC will shut the motors off if executed in flight.  It is required by several countries as an emergency measure to prevent dangerous crashes.  
2015-6-28
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

My conclusions on CSC in mid air

1) You need to be at least 360 feet in altitude to have a chance to recover from any CSC.
2) The only way to recover at that point is to execute another CSC followed by a left stick full throttle up, but it will be a close call.
3) When you have extra payload, chances of recovery are even more reduced.

2015-6-28
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

me@1dk.org Posted at 2015-5-7 12:49
Hi all,

it's a sad way to join the community but this message is a +1... my Inspire 1 just fell fro ...

Do you have the ability to put the card in another inspire 1? Otherwise wait for your replacement. When you power it on with the card in the camera, it will "re-build" the file so it is playable up to the last moment recorded. so don't try to do anything with the video for now, I would not do anything with the SD card at all. just be patient and you will get your footage in time. If anyone knows of a way for him to get the footage playable in the meantime, please let us know.
2015-6-28
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

me@1dk.org Posted at 2015-5-7 12:49
Hi all,

it's a sad way to join the community but this message is a +1... my Inspire 1 just fell fro ...

hello me,

this worked for me, thanks to dundee for posting

2015-6-29
Use props
jmboto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6781407 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi

The same happened to me last week.
Battery turned off in mid flight and Inspire fell from 200 meters.
When I recovered it I checked and battery was turned off with 87% charge.

No flight errors or wrong commands. No IMU problems or fly away. Just a plain battery off in mid flight.

Inspire works fine with no errors afterwards (fell on a tree and just lost the gimble in the woods)

Battery was a TB 48 bought in February still with 98 or 100% .

2015-8-3
Use props
wesseli
lvl.1

United States

FoxSTI Posted at 2015-2-16 11:44
I flew today without the camera.. you just get a blank screen. So I toggled the map.

This whole CSC ...

I've been trying various tablets to find one I can really trust and I noticed that an iPad  Mini2 will not even connect if the camera is not attached. Personally I would not fly without all systems up and running. Mini2 also has IOC grayed out and homepoint is missing Failsfae altitude. DJI recently pulled my Samsung Tab S from support list so I replaced it with Nexus 7 (2013) ... everything solid.  Do not trust android 5 updates with I1 however.
2015-8-3
Use props
InfiniteReality
New
Flight distance : 62776 ft
United States

Wanted to bump this thread. I had same issue as well, just hovering a max of 20ft above the ground. Fell out of the sky, landed in mud. Broke a couple of things including the bottom gimble mount and camera arm and 1 of the 2 bracket for the automatic arms. Not sure what happened and why. Not looking forward to sending to DJI and especially the bill. Are they fair with prices or should I attempt to buy the parts to fix myself?
2017-9-4
Use props
Banin77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3760 ft
Russia

ScottGunn Posted at 2015-2-15 12:30
No camera attached because I was practicing to get a good feel for the unit.  I was just flying, not capturing video, why would I risk the camera if not using it?  Thank God it wasn't attached or it would be destroyed right now...
The only thing it would have caught is ground.  I do have several witnesses though, and the flight recorder hopefully will shed some light on what the cause was.

Your copter could have been knocked down. For example, means of electronic warfare .. Although taking into account the existing attitude of the manufacturer, I do not exclude that there is a low-quality software.
2017-9-4
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

andi.witech Posted at 2015-2-15 03:26
Mine is now grounded until next FW!!
Please Update here if you find problem

I have so many issues i started my own thread.
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules