Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is DJI dropping the ball or what?
2211 27 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ethanflux
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450190 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sent my P4P+ in for exchange and they received it 12/4, here it is 1/4 and I still have not received a replacement.  I see that if you order a new one from their store, they are shipping 5 - 7 days.  Anybody else have to ship their P4P+ back?  And if so, how long did it take to get a replacement?  I'm still waiting.......

(DJI reference Case # CAS-349634-X8Y8B6 )
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should go to the website contect with the repair team.
2017-1-4
Use props
Ethanflux
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-1-4 15:10
You should go to the website contect with the repair team.

I get no information from them whatsoever.  It is really frustrating.  I'm hoping a DJI mod can help get me some answers.
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ethanflux Posted at 2017-1-4 16:10
I get no information from them whatsoever.  It is really frustrating.  I'm hoping a DJI mod can help get me some answers.

There is a place in the website that you can chat with them
2017-1-4
Use props
Ethanflux
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-1-4 16:12
There is a place in the website that you can chat with them

I know.  They provide me with no information except they received the item for exchange, which was 1 month ago today.
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ethanflux Posted at 2017-1-4 16:15
I know.  They provide me with no information except they received the item for exchange, which was 1 month ago today.

Just keep asking, they will give you the information
2017-1-4
Use props
Ethanflux
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-1-4 16:15
Just keep asking, they will give you the information

I have and they don't.
2017-1-4
Use props
VP6799
lvl.1

United States

I feel your pain. I ordered a P4P on 12/21 and they shipped on 12/22 with FedEx. FedEx lost the package from 12/23-12/28. On 12/29, I was finally able to pick it up at the FedEx depot. When I got there, the package had been taped shut. Upon further inspection, Someone had opened all 3 boxes (1: main shipping box, 2: cardboard box inside, 3: and DJI P4P box inside) and the battery was missing. I snapped pics of package condition before and after opening, plus pics of the contents before and after removing them. I made a note with FedEx about it and contacted the DJI Store about it. Still no response on the email so I did an online chat on friday with someone from the DJI store about it. He claimed that he would respond to my email and still nothing. I went out to Best Buy to grab a battery so I could fly it in the meantime. I'll contact them again tomorrow to try and get an update........
2017-1-4
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

Dang, I just sent today my P4P+ copter in for repair/replace (I have DJI Care Refresh) due to defective IMU/compass module. The DJI rep told me 5-7 days turnaround (they had me ship it to CA, I am in New England). I was hoping for fast turnaround, seems I may be in for a much longer wait.
2017-1-4
Use props
Ethanflux
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

BenStein Posted at 2017-1-4 17:28
Dang, I just sent today my P4P+ copter in for repair/replace (I have DJI Care Refresh) due to defective IMU/compass module. The DJI rep told me 5-7 days turnaround (they had me ship it to CA, I am in New England). I was hoping for fast turnaround, seems I may be in for a much longer wait.

You'll probably be ok, since you are getting a repair done.  I always had speedy service with repairs.  But this is an exchange and it is taking way too long and I need to know what is going on.  It shouldn't take a month.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Ethanflux, we have checked your case. You are successfully charged back your order through PayPal.  
Since your order was refunded, we will not provide a replacement to you.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-1-4
Use props
Ethanflux
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-4 18:14
Hello Ethanflux, we have checked your case. You are successfully charged back your order through PayPal.  
Since your order was refunded, we will not provide a replacement to you.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you for getting back to me.  I will look for that refund.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ethanflux Posted at 2017-1-4 18:44
Thank you for getting back to me.  I will look for that refund.

No problem. :-)
2017-1-5
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

I am not impressed with DJI as I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro Plus and have had no end of problems in setting it up and I still have not been able to fly it.  One also just has to look at the comments on the internet and the YouTube with operators having problems.
2017-1-6
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

BenStein Posted at 2017-1-4 17:28

5-7 days o.O Let me know how long it takes.

I have DJI Care Refresh and started a case 12-6 (did not even need to send my P4P in) and waited over 3 weeks for 3 small plastic white caps. They sent parts for a different phantom and not the P4P. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid594487

Still have not heard from them since 12-29.
2017-1-6
Use props
Ethanflux
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Chris Posted at 2017-1-6 03:27
5-7 days o.O Let me know how long it takes.

I have DJI Care Refresh and started a case 12-6 (did not even need to send my P4P in) and waited over 3 weeks for 3 small plastic white caps. They sent parts for a different phantom and not the P4P. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=74982&page=1&extra=#pid594487

This is why I will NEVER make the mistake of ordering DIRECTLY from DJI.  There forum admins are great, but the general customer service is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW!  If you have a problem with the drone Amazon has a wonderful 30 days return policy.  I heard there are some other really good vendors out there.  Hopefully this is just a GROWING PAIN problem for DJI and they will get better customer service.
2017-1-6
Use props
MrWhite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272 ft
United States

Ethanflux Posted at 2017-1-6 07:03
This is why I will NEVER make the mistake of ordering DIRECTLY from DJI.  There forum admins are great, but the general customer service is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW!  If you have a problem with the drone Amazon has a wonderful 30 days return policy.  I heard there are some other really good vendors out there.  Hopefully this is just a GROWING PAIN problem for DJI and they will get better customer service.

I can understand your frustration. I believe that DJI has experienced such great demand for their products that they are simply overwhelmed and do not have the infrastructure to handle their success. Just remember that dealers are also suffering from the same situation, as you know what flows downhill. I ordered my P4P+ from a dealer in Southern CA and have had to initiate a dispute with PayPal in order to get a resolution to my problem as the dealer will not return emails or phone calls. Which brings up the recommendation to use a payment method that will help you recover any losses that you might incur.
2017-1-6
Use props
ejcdrone4pro
New

United States

i too am having difficulty with their website repair service.   I filed a case for the care refresh and cannot get a confirmation email and shipping label.   It's been many days....
2017-1-6
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

ejcdrone4pro Posted at 2017-1-6 07:42
i too am having difficulty with their website repair service.   I filed a case for the care refresh and cannot get a confirmation email and shipping label.   It's been many days....

That sucks !! : (

My case was accepted without having to send it in, that would have been an extra headache on top......
2017-1-6
Use props
Ethanflux
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ejcdrone4pro Posted at 2017-1-6 07:42

Guess they will figure it out when they start losing money with all the Disputes and Chargebacks because they are not getting back to people in a timely manner or even at all.
2017-1-6
Use props
KLT9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46 ft
United Kingdom

In my case I have to say well done DJI:

Day 1 Chat Support said I would hear from Holland regarding a replacement (I live in the UK) and that same day Holland sent me my Return label
Day 2 the drone was collected by UPS
Day 3 the drone was delivered to Holland
Day 4 my replacement was sent to me from Holland
Day 5 it arrived in England but by then the Christmas Holiday was upon us
My drone was duly delivered to me by UPS on the first working day after Christmas

So well done not only to DJI, but also UPS.
2017-1-6
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

I sent mine in for repair and DJI received it on 12/30. According to the tracking my new Drone will be back 1/10
2017-1-6
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

DJI is definitely dropping the ball as I purchased a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Plus and the remote controller does not work and I am not getting any satifaction from DJI.
2017-1-9
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

Everyone should be buying either on amazon,  using paypal, or american express if you want a seamless refund experience in case anything goes wrong.
2017-1-9
Use props
Tommy Tenzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33051 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's pretty sad. I've been having issues with two bad P4 Pros and slow service. I really like the products and company. So thinking I may revert to a working product like the phantom 4
2017-1-9
Use props
VP6799
lvl.1

United States

I'm not impressed either with DJI customer service so far.... I'm still waiting for a response on a missing battery.

I ordered on 12/20
Shipped on 12/22 with FedEx
FedEx lost it from 12/23 - 12/28
Finally able to pick it up on 12/29

Box was opened up and taped shut. When inspected, battery was gone. Took pics of boxes before and after I opened it to show DJI when I emailed them on 12/29 about this issue.

Contacted online chat support on 12/30 and was told that I would be contacted by email when they get a response.... So I went to Best Buy to buy a battery so I could fly it in the meantime.

Received an email on 1/5 saying that the case has been updated, but there still was no info on what's going on?

Should've bought my P4P from B&H or Amazon since I could've returned it or had a replacement battery sent by now and I would't still be waiting.....
2017-1-9
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

OutandAbout Posted at 2017-1-6 01:53
I am not impressed with DJI as I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro Plus and have had no end of problems in setting it up and I still have not been able to fly it.  One also just has to look at the comments on the internet and the YouTube with operators having problems.

What is your experience prior to the P4P?

How many inexperienced Pilots do you think bought phantom 4 pros over Christmas? probably hundreds of thousands. there are plenty of experienced users not reporting any issues at all.
2017-1-9
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

sunny051488 Posted at 2017-1-9 09:39
Everyone should be buying either on amazon,  using paypal, or american express if you want a seamless refund experience in case anything goes wrong.

Dont know about Amazon USA , but I live in the UK and they dont pay the proper amount of business tax, they funnel their profits through a shell corporation in southern ireland so I refuse to do business with them. Amazon do not trade in honour. Still got my P4P from Drones Direct, and bought it new with a spare battery as part of the deal, and they sent the P4 spare battery not the 5800 amp hour battery that is supplied with the new drone. What im getting at is no business is perfect, they all have faults, and have one priority and that is to get your money off you. What happens after they get your money is of secondary concern to them
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules