1409 9 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7173363 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having an issue with both the p4 pro (plus) and inspire 2 setting the capture year on movies to 1950. It is getting the date and time right, and the file creation date has the correct year (at least according to MacOS). The problem is that somewhere burried in the file there is a 1950 date. Which lightroom is using to figure out sorting into folders by capture date, so it becomes a bit annoying for workflow. And for the life of me, on MacOS, I can't figure out how to strip this date out. Since the file creation date is accurate, there does not appear to be something that I can change. Since the problem is not occuring with my other DJI drones or digital cameras, it does appear to be something specific either to the P4Pro and Inspire2. Has anyone else seen this or have a tip on either stripping this data out of a file, or being able to modify it in bulk.

2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

How about the date for photos taken?
Would you please post several screenshots here showing the correct date for files but incorrect date for movies?
Besides, please upload an original video directly from SD card to dropbox and provide us the link.
We'll transfer the information to our engineers for further evaluation, thanks.
2017-1-4
Use props
samg
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-4 20:00
How about the date for photos taken?
Would you please post several screenshots here showing the correct date for files but incorrect date for movies?
Besides, please upload an original video directly from SD card to dropbox and provide us the link.

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for looking into this. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I wanted to reproduce this with a fresh mission first. I have sent you a PM that has the dropbox link that you requested.

----
Here is a bit more background (all this is also in the readme.txt file in the dropbox folder).

Dear DJI Support/Engineering,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this. In order to help you try to reproduce this, I wanted to provide as much information as possible.

My issue: Movie times as listed in adobe bridge / lightroom list a creation date in the 1950’s. Specifically, today is 1/8/17, the creation date that adobe tries thinks is 1/8/1950. This issue does not occur with images (DNG) files.

In this directory there is a screen shot (MacOS Finder Screen Shot.png) that shows correct create/modify dates) and (Adobe Bridge ScreenShot.png) which shows the create day of 1/8/51 for the movie files. In this case, I was shooting to MP4, but the same problem occurs if I shoot to MOV.

The screen shots were taken from finder/bridge looking at the SD card directly (i.e files were not copied).

I have included one DNG file, and 1 MP4 file.
I have also included an exiftool dump from the mp4 file where the only odd thing I could find is the following warning in the MovieHeader portion.

Warning = [minor] Patched incorrect time zero for QuickTime date/time tag

Some background on my system.

I am running macOS Sierra 10.12.2, Adobe Bridge Version 7.0.0.93 2017 version, Lightroom CC 2015.8 release.

I have tested this on 2 separate Mac systems and found the same problem. I do not have a windows machine to test on.

I am using a DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ running firmware 01.01.0203. The SD card I used was the DJI Supplied Card (Panasonic 16GB), which I formatted using DJI Go right before taking off. I have also verified that this problem occurs with other SD cards.

Of note, if I put the card into the P4P+ controller, DJI Go seems to list the correct date.

I have also verified that this problem occurs on the Inspire 2.

I have verified that this problem DOES NOT occur with the Mavic, Phantom3, Phantom4, and Inspire 1. Although for the P4 (regular), P3, and I1, I have sold these, so if there has been a recent firmware update, it might be an issue, but it never was for me when I had those craft.

I have also included the flight logs from the DJI Assistant app, in case they have anything useful in them.

If there is any other info you need, please let me know.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

samg Posted at 2017-1-8 09:47
Hi Natalia,

Thanks for looking into this. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I wanted to reproduce this with a fresh mission first. I have sent you a PM that has the dropbox link that you requested.

Thanks so much for the detailed information, I've transferred that to our engineers, will get back to you once I get an answer or some news.
Again thanks for your supporting!
2017-1-9
Use props
Holmesie2804
New
Flight distance : 251014 ft
Australia

samg Posted at 2017-1-8 09:47
Hi Natalia,

HI samg - have you had any success in resolving this?  I am having the exact same problem with my P4P.

Cheers
2017-1-13
Use props
samg
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Holmesie2804 Posted at 2017-1-13 23:42
HI samg - have you had any success in resolving this?  I am having the exact same problem with my P4P.

Cheers

Thus far -- no.
2017-1-17
Use props
Holmesie2804
New
Flight distance : 251014 ft
Australia

Thanks for the reply.  I was hoping the latest firmware upgrade may have included a fix
2017-1-19
Use props
Todka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

For Lightroom users, you can edit your capture time in the library module, then move the video files to a more logical location if that helps you.The trick is to click on time, not on date, to access the date. Software coders just seems to be messing with us. anyway Ive done this and it works. Cheers.

2017-1-20
Use props
Todka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

PS. The warning about it can not be undone is also incorrect.
2017-1-20
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44281716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Holmesie2804 Posted at 2017-1-19 02:27
Thanks for the reply.  I was hoping the latest firmware upgrade may have included a fix

It did for me!
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules