Any Official Word on Adding Apps to Pro+?
3257 43 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Langstonius Posted at 2017-1-7 07:04
Is there some reason this wasn't clearly stated BEFORE people got suckered into spending an extra $300 for what is essentially a very limited android device with lots of brightness?
It has very little system memory and cannot install apps because of additional restrictions added ON TOP of the Android OS. This is a real slap in the face as I cannot remember the last device Android device I purchased that was this limited in functionality. Nor can I recall a development situation where the users were full on prevented from installing apps. This is a security issue as well because we cannot update things like FB, Instagram, Twitter in a timely fashion so I supposed ill just pray there are no vulnerabilities.

P4P+ was designed for a niche market of people who want bright display, less clutters without carrying an extra tablet or phone and charging units, dedicated system for droning and don't have to worry about charging this or charging that. Also the display last a lot longer than a regular tablet or phone.

From the first units of P4P+ that were tested before launch to consumer, it was all over YouTube and the internet where they mentioned that it is a LOCKED, DEDICATED screen.

I don't mind paying extra $300 for all those benefits especially the bright screen  

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered and License your Pet!
2017-1-21
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-21 16:57
P4P+ was designed for a niche market of people who want bright display, less clutters without carrying an extra tablet or phone and charging units, dedicated system for droning and don't have to worry about charging this or charging that. Also the display last a lot longer than a regular tablet or phone.

From the first units of P4P+ that were tested before launch to consumer, it was all over YouTube and the internet where they mentioned that it is a LOCKED, DEDICATED screen.

Got a link? I saw nothing about that in the TONS of video i watched. All that was mentioned was Android and few, if any knew more than that.

And yeah, i got it for, no cables, no needing to bring the phone, etc because it said pro and had a screen. sorry if that really meant training wheels.

Believe me, as an android developer i RUN from locked lameo devices, but never came across the locked down tidbit. you think i wanna go back and forth in forums all day?

cheers and happy flying.
2017-1-21
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Langstonius Posted at 2017-1-21 19:03
Got a link? I saw nothing about that in the TONS of video i watched. All that was mentioned was Android and few, if any knew more than that.

And yeah, i got it for, no cables, no needing to bring the phone, etc because it said pro and had a screen. sorry if that really meant training wheels.

First... Happy flying to you too... I have the P4P AND P4P+ Again the benefits I listed above are the envy of any professionals.

Second, I never came back to the forum other than to show that this baby ROCK. Never had problem setting up, updating, flying in -10 or shooting videos or stills.

If you consider having no wires and extra phone and gadgets and be able to CLEARY SEE in the xtreme BRIGHT SUN than hey am down with the training wheels

You don't need to go far... search the forum here  

Protect animal population. Spay or Neutered and License your Pet!
2017-1-21
Use props
Chomho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20030 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like the only real option is to suck up the extra cost and buy another controller , £315 here in the U.K. and not available till mid February? May be DJI could offer a discount to pro + owner as a good will due gesture to let's say their lack of critical information in their advertising of this product ......... what to you think DJI ?
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules