Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI ASISTANT NOT CALIBRATING AVIABLE OR IS IT THE MAVIC
4202 34 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

For some weird reason, DJI app, shows me a warning about re calibrating visual sensor thorugh DJI Asistant 2 on PC or MAC (i have pc only )
Then the app, doesnt allow me to do it. it says "restart device" and i restarted and it displays the same.

it also did it on last update, ( i updated thorught the DJI ASISTANT, no problems and i was looking for what the app could do, tryed to calibrate and showed me the same )
i didnt try it on the 1.2 ver.

ive downloaded the newest (1.8) ver of the dji asistant and made no diference.

Any comments, advice?

2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Alansin, did you get any error message when doing the VPS calibration via DJI Assistant?
2017-1-5
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-5 01:43
Hello Alansin, did you get any error message when doing the VPS calibration via DJI Assistant?

Doesn´t work/show up on my DJI Assistant (latest version), too. Didn´t need it until now but just in case I will need it once: how to get there ? (I run a Win 7 system with Nvidia card, latest drivers)
2017-1-5
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Mexico

not when doing,  i cant start it.
its like this:
1)conect the mavic
2) open the app
3) enter the software
4) select "calibrate"
5) I get the 3 step instruction, (start button is grey)
6) wait for some kind of loading,
7) then i see a Yellow triangle warning display, that says "lease reboot device"
8) reboot device
9) same warning display nothing happens
10) stare at ceeling, thinking "why god, why ?? then i look my mavic and i am grateful that i havent had any fly aways, shutdowns,  spiral erratic flight, or anyother problems reported on the forum
11) search the web
12) log in into the forum
13) found nothing about it, so decided to write a post
14) post the post
15) mindy wrote me, so im trying to be funny, and very specifical about the situation
16) i see i have other problems with the DJI Fam, older post (View Sensors disabled while RTH function is on)
17) i recon it has been a bussy season, but im trying to follow throught my own posts.
18) im really grateful and repeat step 10
19) FYI i already re installed FW, DJI Asistant APP, everything update, i am positive its not a mistake on my end as is pressumed
20) get yelled by boss, so i have to close this thread,, but im hoping i wont forget it, and find the answers im seeking
21) sighs

luv you mindy
2017-1-5
Use props
cr37d17PvCms
lvl.1
United States

Alansin Posted at 2017-1-5 07:54
its like this:
1)conect the mavic

you calibrate the VPS through the DJI assistant not the app. you have to point it at the computer screen to calibrate
2017-1-5
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

its like this:
1)conect the mavic

Alansin.. thank you for your post detail .. I have been in the same situation for over three weeks now with Mindy .. using A2 .. it really sucks I have never been able to calibrate the vision system.. NEVER .. terrified to fly and cannot get a straight answer to this one question .. "Is it safe to fly without ever being able to calibrate on A2" with GO 4 App showing "normal" .. yes or no .. is all I ask. Also does DJI expect us to relay only on A2 for vision calibration. and will this be the case with my new $8000 Inspire 2 that is on the way as I type .. ???? this service has all the makings of a class action suit!!!
2017-1-5
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Mexico

cr37d17PvCms Posted at 2017-1-5 17:40
you calibrate the VPS through the DJI assistant not the app. you have to point it at the computer screen to calibrate

srry when i typed the app, i meant the sofware (app) that you use on the PC, DJI ASISTANT 2.
2017-1-9
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Mexico

River One Posted at 2017-1-5 19:10
Alansin.. thank you for your post detail .. I have been in the same situation for over three weeks now with Mindy .. using A2 .. it really sucks I have never been able to calibrate the vision system.. NEVER .. terrified to fly and cannot get a straight answer to this one question .. "Is it safe to fly without ever being able to calibrate on A2" with GO 4 App showing "normal" .. yes or no .. is all I ask. Also does DJI expect us to relay only on A2 for vision calibration. and will this be the case with my new $8000 Inspire 2 that is on the way as I type .. ???? this service has all the makings of a class action suit!!!

Yes, the fear of flying is real!

im flying with RTH Altitudes very high to avoid any problem. but still the trust issue.
One buys this drones because they have the sensors to help them avoid crashes, and having a "impass"  on the sensor calibrating makes you wonder if they are working or not. im too  much of a puzzey to test if they are working in a flying test.  i had test them hand held and in a very low flight  altitude.

and dji guys arent payint attention to this thread, arent they¡?
2017-1-9
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Mexico

hi, i descrived the full proces.... any comments=?
2017-1-9
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Mexico

hi, any followup?
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for the late reply.
Could you please upload the vision data from DJI Assistant to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll transfer the data to our engineers for review.
Have you tried to change another computer to do the calibration again?
Just want to rule out if it's an issue with the aircraft or the computer.
2017-1-10
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-10 00:08
Sorry for the late reply.
Could you please upload the vision data from DJI Assistant to dropbox and send me the link?
I'll transfer the data to our engineers for review.

i had uninstalled and re installed DJI Asisant, tryed a diferent computer (both were pc)
ive also downgraded and upgraded.

ALL WITHOUT Succes.

How do i upload the vision data?
i mean what is, where it is ( of course i know how to upload it to DropBox)
So i can do it.

This issue has been there since i bought the drone, but before it didint ask me to calibrate. now it does and thats why it is now a issue for me.

2017-1-16
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Now I am confused. I opened DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) over and over again, restarted my PC, but the only thing I get is firmware-updates. There is NO dropdown-menu or register or whatever to get to calibration, flight-data-download etc. when my Mavic is attached via USB. Firmware-updates always were flawless ....................

Does it show up ONLY if there are problems detected or should it be there ALWAYS ?????
2017-1-17
Use props
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180341 ft
Canada

Angelo26 , its amazing i got the Mavic yesterday and i have the exact same issue - keep repeating "please reboot device" no matter what i do.  I open a ticket with support since i dont really want to fly for the first time with no collaboration.   Please let me know if they answered you.
2017-1-17
Use props
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Canada

I wonder if its a problem with the actual sensors on the device or the DJI PC application , anyway this is a serious issue.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-1-17 03:37
Now I am confused. I opened DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) over and over again, restarted my PC, but the only thing I get is firmware-updates. There is NO dropdown-menu or register or whatever to get to calibration, flight-data-download etc. when my Mavic is attached via USB. Firmware-updates always were flawless ....................

Does it show up ONLY if there are problems detected or should it be there ALWAYS ?????

I just tried on my Macbook and Windows PC and they both work fine and I can get to all the tabs in the Asssistant2 1.0.8.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Erez2GO Posted at 2017-1-17 12:32
I wonder if its a problem with the actual sensors on the device or the DJI PC application , anyway this is a serious issue.

I just tried on my Macbook and Windows PC and they both work fine and I can get to all the tabs in the Asssistant2 1.0.8.
2017-1-17
Use props
Erez2GO
lvl.2
Canada

I got all the tabs , my problem is not been able to calibrate the sensors. As Angelo mentioned every time i receive a yellow triangle warning display, that says "please reboot device"
2017-1-17
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Well, tried it again, nothing regarding flight logs etc. shows up in the left column as depicted in various YouTube-vids and screenshots ?! Still just Firmware-Updates on the main screen. Have the latest version 1.0.8  installed ........................
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-1-17 23:50
Well, tried it again, nothing regarding flight logs etc. shows up in the left column as depicted in various YouTube-vids and screenshots ?! Still just Firmware-Updates on the main screen. Have the latest version 1.0.8  installed ........................

Could you please post a screenshot of the DJI assistant page here?
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alansin Posted at 2017-1-16 07:22
i had uninstalled and re installed DJI Asisant, tryed a diferent computer (both were pc)
ive also downgraded and upgraded.

If you were using windows 7, please find the calirbation_signal_log.txt by below path:
program files(x86)/DJI Product/DJI Assistant2/Assistant
2017-1-20
Use props
fans2edeb1f5
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-19 22:55
Could you please post a screenshot of the DJI assistant page here?

Mindy,
I am having the exact same issues as these guys.
I have bought the Mavic a week ago, the forward sensor calibration cannot proceed as I am requested to restart the aircraft (as shown on attached image) every time.
Could you help?
RBAEQRAEQSTQDhEEQRAEQRCJ/wcXnA+yqzPwjQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==[/img]

2017-3-4
Use props
fansf0bba93b
New
United States

fans2edeb1f5 Posted at 2017-3-4 06:47
Mindy,
I am having the exact same issues as these guys.
I have bought the Mavic a week ago, the forward sensor calibration cannot proceed as I am requested to restart the aircraft (as shown on attached image) every time.

Hello Mindy,

Just received my Mavic direct from DJI 2 days ago  I am also and I have the exact same issues.  All firmware is current.  Neither DJI Assistant 2 for windows nor DJI GO 4 will resolve the issue.  Kindly help!
2017-3-4
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.2

United States

Hello all, what solved this for me was i was on windows 10 attempting calibration.

I had access to a MAC and tried it that way and it worked. Before I was getting the same "Restart the aircraft error"

I realize everyone doesnt have access to a macbook but thought i may offer a bit of help
2017-3-4
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

If you are running windows it may be a firewall issue, do a search on this forum and you will find a fix.  I will try to find it and update my post.
Regards,
-d.sensor calibration
2017-3-4
Use props
fansf1eeeeb1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203937 ft
United States

its like this:
1)conect the mavic

I have the same exact issue...If you find a solution to fix this, please let me know.
2017-3-4
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

fansf1eeeeb1 Posted at 2017-3-4 10:21
I have the same exact issue...If you find a solution to fix this, please let me know.

Try the link to Sensor calibration in my previous post (above you)
Regards,
-d
2017-3-4
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493012 ft
United States

I am also struggling with the vision senors error since the firmware update.  Was able to launch the Assistant 2 on my MacBook Pro and complete the calibration motions with the Mavic.  However, the Asistant repeatedly fails on calibration calculation (see screen shot).  I retried many times without success.  Suggestions?

Calibration error screen

Calibration error screen
2017-3-4
Use props
fans2edeb1f5
New

United Kingdom

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-4 10:40
Try the link to Sensor calibration in my previous post (above you)
Regards,
-d

Thanks for pointing me to this link. This was exactly what was needed.
Now problem solved!
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf0bba93b Posted at 2017-3-4 07:57
Hello Mindy,

Just received my Mavic direct from DJI 2 days ago  I am also and I have the exact same issues.  All firmware is current.  Neither DJI Assistant 2 for windows nor DJI GO 4 will resolve the issue.  Kindly help!

Could you please clarify your DJI Assistant version?
Have you tried to reinstall the DJI Assistant and test again?
2017-3-5
Use props
Aaronmke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2155883 ft
United States

I'm having a problem just downloading the assistant 2 onto my laptop, can anybody tell me what the minimum operating requirements are. I have a HP with vista.
Thank you
2017-3-6
Use props
raidensg
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue a few days back. Having problem with Assistant 2 on windows 7; the calibrate tab is gray out. try installing on MacBook air and it works fine for me for the whole calibration.
2017-3-6
Use props
Eyesaround
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271010 ft
Argentina

It is a problem with windows not installing the visiin drivers.
- Must press restart while holding shift button.
- Select the “Troubleshoot” tile on the Choose an option screen that appears.
- Select “Advanced options”.
- Click the “Startup Settings” tile.
- Click the “Restart” button to restart your PC into the Startup Settings screen.
-Type “7” or “F7” at the Startup Settings screen to activate the “Disable driver signature enforcement” option.

Once it finishes booting start DJI Assistant, connect AC and launch calibration process
2017-3-7
Use props
KLNYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9498 ft
United States

I have the same like everyone.. I tried on PC and MAC still same problem... I still fly it anyway but I dont want to take any chance in the future.
Im wonder if the latest causing this glitch? Ken where are you?
2017-3-25
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Mexico

i believe i still have the same issue, i havent tested, but im shure is still there. i will try the link that some one provided. i wanted to make a new thread but i dont have the points requeired.

heres my new problem dilemma:

So ive had a wonderful experience since i got my drone in december
updated like a month ago and i havent flown, today i took my bird to fly in the sunset and surpirse. im kind of locked out.   I have a iphone 5, and the DJI GO app. but then theres no support for mavic, then it tells you that you need to download DJI GO APP v4 (or what ever, the other one) but i cant, because it isnt suported by my Phone.

So in a nutshell, MAVIC isnt suported by the version of DJI GO APP That i have.
DJI GO 4, isnt supported by my iphone 5.

so, im locked out. its a shame that the planned obsolency is forcing us to buy buy and buy.
yes it may be the time to buy a newer phone, but i want to buy a new phone when i need it, not when an APP screws me and forces me to spend more money, to keep enjoying the service THAT I USED TO HAVE.

Im wondering if i downgrade the FW, would work, but i guess im stuck  as my APP on the Iphone was updated, so im scrwed

well played... wel played...
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules