552 3 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
France

Hi All

Well my i3 processor and 16gb ram are getting old. The time is coming to update and was wondering what people use out there to edit their 4K videos with no frustrating lag. My only just works and sometimes the video lags and I have to restart it to play it through.

Any recommendations for motherboard, processor, memory and graphics card much appreciated. I usually build my own but if there is a reasonable off the shelf one I would be happy with that also.

Cheers

Bhu
2017-1-5
Use props
jsfilmz0412
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13428 ft
  • >>>
Germany

https://youtu.be/Jmg3ITE8iQQ
2017-1-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Bhu,

Follow the guidelines for a good gaming computer - laptop or desktop.  Even build a desktop for yourself as you noted.  Go to a few gaming computer sites and they allow you to assemble your own for a build-your-own order.  Try to notice the common denominators for the newer fast machines and then compare the prices at another gaming computer site.  There may even be special considerations to just buy a gaming laptop or order a gaming computer with your specifications that is assembled at the web company.

4K is going to be very demanding, so you will want at least quad, but more likely hex or octi processors, AMD is usually the less expensive option but with real good quality.  For Intel, nothing less than an i7.  You will pretty much need dual video cards with Crossfire or equivalent.  You can still get away with 16 GB of RAM if it is fast.

Another consideration is storage.  4K video takes up a lot of space.  Get 500 to 1 terabyte of SSD for the operating system and 2 to 3 terabytes of 7200 HD for storage (even if it is external).

Use these as start figures at a build-your-own gaming computer site and go through at least three sites, even if they are out of country, so you can understand the market value of each component.  That way when you decide on what you are going to get, it will be an informed decision.  For me, the research is half the fun.  (I like a good deal!)

The favorite Android tablet on the Forum is the nVidia Shield K1.  It is built as a gaming tablet and perfectly fits the niche of a drone tablet.  That is why you want to try this approach.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-5
Use props
jsfilmz0412
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13428 ft
  • >>>
Germany

you prolly wont edit natively without some type of offline or online proxy
2017-1-5
Use props