Leaked FAA Analysis document!
1512 10 2015-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Recently leaked document shows promise for commercial drone use. Although still years away, it appears a pilots license and medical certificates will likely not be required!!!http://mobile.philly.com/busines ... ss&id=291964631
2015-2-14
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Dropping the pilots license requirement would be great , requiring a basic certification for unmanned rc flight operation for commercial use is needed , background check and medical maybe still a good idea too.
2015-2-15
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-2-16 02:14
Dropping the pilots license requirement would be great , requiring a basic certification for unmanne ...

Totally agree, just glad to not need a pilots license! Although I have interest in getting one someday, after putting out 4k for my Inspire and tablets, now is not the time!
2015-2-15
Use props
Jimmy07r1.gmail
lvl.1
United States

I was actually just starting to look for a way to obtain certification but it seems like a bit of a runaround. Just found colleges boasting a uav (full size like the military uses) piloting AND engineering course. I don't need to build one, just want accreditation.

I retired early from a career in the fire service and was wanting to in the near future offer my services for search and rescue if someone is lost in the woods in an area as well as to provide aerial shots and videos to the local volunteer fire dept For their members that were interested in having shots of themselves operating at fires that a ground camera can't give you.

2015-2-15
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Id like to see craft registration go down make people accountable

With 5 documented close misses last week alone in the US near large airports I fear all this will change this summer and they are going to put the hammer down on this industry ..I hope not but the average stupid human cant help but make this come to fruition with horrible flight discipline's and lack of concern for others safety.
Its winter Imagine this summer.......Ugh..
2015-2-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Looks like thier will be a written faa knowledge test and No pilots license required ,  it doesn't look like you'd have to go to college for the basic commercial uav uses ,
For more advanced government uses you'd need some other training to be sure . I've seen some UAV courses being offered but the tuition was big $$$$ ... For now I'm waiting to see the real faa UAV comercial use  requirement booklet , finalized written test question sheet  , yearly licensing fees , insurance requirements  etc. , for now it looks like some rules like line of sight visual contact , altitude restriction , the UAVs max  weight , no fly zones  and so on ...

2015-2-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-2-16 04:08
With 5 documented close misses last week alone in the US near large airports I fear all this will ch ...

The punishment for non adherence to the rules and law should be very harsh then when it comes to this activity , or we could end up flying only at specified rc flying fields and that would Suck big time , and maybe ending commercial uses for us all .... Hmm bummer it would be then .
2015-2-16
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

So is commercial use banned or not?  I can't seem to find a clear answer to this.
2015-2-16
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Commercial use is a go !!

Now how to get that Certificate from the FAA....
2015-2-16
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-2-17 01:15
Commercial use is a go !!

Now how to get that Certificate from the FAA....

These are just proposals, final rules are still possibly two years out I thought I read!
2015-2-16
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

MainlineAerial Posted at 2015-2-17 06:45
These are just proposals, final rules are still possibly two years out I thought I read!

Nice ) thats fast for our slow moving clown in Washington.
2015-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules